Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Review - Adventurers Assemble!

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Review - Adventurers Assemble!

An adorable casual experience.

Read Full Article

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I still think I'll stick with Skylanders, though my nephew would probably eat this up. Granted he adores the hell out of Skylanders and has a huge set of them, so I'm not sure he'd switch just so he could play as Hulk

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Is this out on PC? Because I can't download 2.0 from their website. Do I download 1.0 and upgrade it or what?

I don't understand anything about this game. I don't even know what it is, what it does.

gizmo2300

Jul 10, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Is this out on PC? Because I can't download 2.0 from their website. Do I download 1.0 and upgrade it or what?

I don't understand anything about this game. I don't even know what it is, what it does.
No it seems only 1.0 has a PC version at the moment. You'll probably have to wait around a year after the console release like they did with the first version. What it is, is basically a collection of small stories where you play as classic Disney characters (or in this case Marvel characters) to unlock items to create custom stages with, ala little big planet. The special thing being that instead of digital DLC you buy these figurines which have microchips that have all the character data on them. It's a way of combining collectible figurines with video games.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
gizmo2300 said:
Adam Jensen said:

No it seems only 1.0 has a PC version at the moment. You'll probably have to wait around a year after the console release like they did with the first version. What it is, is basically a collection of small stories where you play as classic Disney characters (or in this case Marvel characters) to unlock items to create custom stages with, ala little big planet. The special thing being that instead of digital DLC you buy these figurines which have microchips that have all the character data on them. It's a way of combining collectible figurines with video games.
So I can't buy characters digitally? I have to purchase actual figurines? That's the dumbest idea for milking money that I've ever heard of.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
Don't we already have Marvel Heroes online? Isn't it a little exploitive to make a kiddy version of it filled with micro transactions aimed at kids with no means of making there own money? Especially when this is even more limited in terms of content vs. pay wall than the one for adults?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Adam Jensen said:
So I can't buy characters digitally? I have to purchase actual figurines? That's the dumbest idea for milking money that I've ever heard of.
Sadly, that's the case and it's pretty much how Skylanders works. You buy the "Starter Kit" for wichever platform you desire to use (the game itself and a special base [http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Skylanders-Portal.jpg] wich you can plug into your console) and by itself is a pretty decent game, but if you want more characters, you have to actually buy the figurines themselves, basically like a shitload of DLC with fancy action figures.

The evilest DLC scheme ever created and Disney is jumping into Skylander's bandwagon. And the worst part is, they sell like hotcakes, I know, because I used to sell them at retail.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Mods are Cunts said:
Damn and I thought the original Disney Infinity was a cash grab but 2.0 takes the cake with way less for far more.

1.0 - 3 play set's with base game and 3 additional play sets and 20 standalone characters and 54 power disks (in random packs of 2 )

2.0 - 1 play set with base game and 2 additional play sets plus 23 additional characters (announced so far) plus 79 power disks announced so far.
I'm disappointed too.

And the worst part is that they still don't really allow crossover of characters into different playsets. The true fun of skylanders is using any character to play through the story. Sadly, here they tease you with it. They let you unlock the ability to use Rocket Racoon and Nova in the Avengers playset (currently you can play as Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye). What I don't understand is why not allow Spider-Man or even Nick Fury to be played in the Avengers?

Also, on the announcements... Why is there no Genie????