Disney Is Stupid, And You're Dumb

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Disney Is Stupid, And You're Dumb

Some classic Disney films don't quite live up to their status.

Read Full Article

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Very well written article, I'm actually starting to enjoy these more than the actual show--bah just kidding they're both great. Promise me you'll record yourself singing said show tunes Chris. PROMISE ME. D:<

Bill Nye the Zombie

Apr 27, 2012
I like the music in Pocahontas. But yeah, beyond that it hurts my brain as an APUSH student. As for best? Hard to say. My list would go something like:

1. Lion King/Aladdin/The Sword in the Stone
2. Robin Hood/ The Fox and the Hound
3. Lady and the Tramp
4. Mulan/Tarzan
5. Atlantis/101 Dalmatians/Hercules

Mortamus

The Talking Dead
May 18, 2012
Absolutely loved it. I think alot of viewers could probably stand to read some of the earlier articles in which I think Dan made arguements about these kind of comments and why they are silly. The show isn't about a definitive "THIS IS THE BEST RAAAAWR" but a debate between two friends about which particular one THEY like more and why THEY feel it is the better of the two. It's not supposed to be an end-to-all-arguements discussion. It's supposed to be entertainment.

IN OTHER NEWS

I would personally love to hear Chris sing like Baloo on the next Media Sandwich. I may be one of the few requestees at the Expo.

In the words of Hades:
"We dance, we smooch, we carry on, we all go home happy. Come on, what'dya say?"

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
So next is best Pixar movie? Yeah, good luck with that...

(As for those Disney movies mentioned, I've only ever seen Mulan, which I liked a lot.)

EDIT: (No wait, I tell a lie. I did see The Lion King, but didn't like it.)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Hey, as a 'teh Lion King is da best' person, I don't say it because 'Hamlet with lions!', but largely because of Hans Mutherfuckin' Zimmer.

He laughs at your inferiority.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Why does everyone seem to forget The Great Mouse Detective. The movie is just brilliant and has probably my favorite Vincent Price role.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
As much as I would like to make a list of my favorite Disney movies, I don't remember most of the ones I watched as a kid.
I thought last week's episode was fun by the way cause it took me back to those times I watched them.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I'd actually say Mulan is my favourite, followed by Aladdin. I never really got into Lion King or Little Mermaid. I've seen Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and 101 Dalmations, but over 20 years ago so I don't really have an opinion on them. I hate Pocahontas. I've never seen Hunchback, Beauty & the Beast, Robin Hood or a bunch of those older ones. I think I saw Sword in the Stone once but I think I only keep seeing clips of it, so I remember the bit where Arthur draws the sword and the duel between Merlin and Morgana but I have no idea if there's more to it than that. I saw Emperor's New Groove once and I don't remember liking it much but maybe I wasn't paying attention because I really don't remember it clearly.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Jerry Pendleton said:
Why does everyone seem to forget The Great Mouse Detective. The movie is just brilliant and has probably my favorite Vincent Price role.
Seconded. That movie was way darker than most of the other movies that were mentioned, while having great characters, a good story, and not having to rely on catchy musical numbers to hold people's attention. Still my favorite Disney movie ever made.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I think hunchback was an amazing film....but cripples by its own need to apeal to kids...an example of the animation ghetto

LookAtYouHacker

Mar 18, 2012
Aladdin sexist? No shit, Sherlock. -_-

The story is loosely adapted from the Tales Of The Arabian Nights. During the time period it was written, feminism didn't even exist.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
I like Disney more because of the awesome cartoons they produce in that cesspool called television.
If i'd have to chose a film it be either the jungle book or aladdin. Also both had a great tv-series afterwards - ok the jungle books has an absurd amount of rip-offs/remakes.

Also i really liked The Rescuers.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I'm sorry but there was only one Disney film with Louis Prima...so The Jungle Book must win.

LookAtYouHacker

Mar 18, 2012
Boudica said:
LookAtYouHacker said:

The story is loosely adapted from the Tales Of The Arabian Nights. During the period it was written, feminism didn't even exist.
Lol. Feminism has existed for as long as we've had a structured society. The term simply implies a form of gender aware social movement.
Fine. I meant the cultures (from which the stories originated) were extremely sexist.

I mean, 1706? West and South Asia? Come on.

LookAtYouHacker

Mar 18, 2012
Boudica said:
LookAtYouHacker said:

The story is loosely adapted from the Tales Of The Arabian Nights. During the period it was written, feminism didn't even exist.
Lol. Feminism has existed for as long as we've had a structured society. The term simply implies a form of gender aware social movement.
I've been infuriated by an offensive comment (regarding breast-feeding) all day. The user stated "all mothers who breastfeed are paedophiles."

If I was previously interpreted as obnoxious, now you know why.

LookAtYouHacker

Mar 18, 2012
Adeptus Aspartem said:
I like Disney more because of the awesome cartoons they produce in that cesspool called television.
If i'd have to chose a film it be either the jungle book or aladdin. Also both had a great tv-series afterwards - ok the jungle books has an absurd amount of rip-offs/remakes.

Also i really liked The Rescuers.
*Tomorrow is another day.*