Disney Is Stupid, And You're Dumb

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hm. Only one person in this entire thread has mentioned Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Call me prejudiced (and I am) but if a movie has singing in it, it instantly loses massive points in my book. I'm sorry, but I grew up kinda fast. No, I'm not trying to be "hardcore".

Seriously, you just can't beat magical god crystals, mercenaries, and ancient civilizations. And did I mention no singing?

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
My two favorites are Lion king and Beauty and the Beast.

The Lion King is just plain EPIC, and not in the slang sense, but it really feels like an ancient heroic epic. It is partially Hamlet, but Hamlet itself is part of a much older tale, that they both retold. Though it's also epic in the slang meaning of the world. The music during the stampade was actually chanting a reworked version of Dies Irae. How much more epic can you be than that? Not to mention the slow-mo lion-duel at the finale.

The Beauty and the Beast is just plain nerd-bait, with the "Belle" song, and the "Beauty and the Beast" song just beautiful. It's refrain also has a sense of epicness, "tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme", but in a more personal emotional sense. "Bittersweet and strange,
Finding you can change, Learning you were wrong".

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Kyle said:
First off, Chris should have mentioned (when we were talking about the antagonists) that Jafar offered more as a villain. He actually manages to win; exile for Aladdin, slavery for Genie, and most likely rape and torture for Jasmine.
**blinks**

**thinks about it for a second**

Holy shit.

I can't believe that never registered before. Wow.

That film wasn't exactly from my childhood, but it is still one I saw in the theater in my teens. So... yeah.

Damn. Someone should have posted that comment in the "let's ruin eachother's childhoods" thread a few months back. Nothing in that thread got me - this did.

And now to pass the love: if that is true, then the same likely applies to Jabba the Hut and Princess Leia.

You can't unsee it. Congrats. Enjoy your brain bleach.