Disney Princesses as Avatar: The Last Airbender Characters

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Disney Princesses as Avatar: The Last Airbender Characters

Disney princesses, villains, and more join the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender in this collection of fan art.

Fire Lord Maleficent. Waterbender Elsa. Mulan of the Kyoshi Warriors. For over a year, artist Robby Cook has placed the familiar faces from the Disney universe into the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. Check out his [a href="http://cartooncookie.tumblr.com/"]tumblr[/a] for more of his work and insight into how he chose which roles to place the Disney characters into. You can also visit his Facebook page [a href="https://www.facebook.com/cartooncookie"]here[/a].

It's a diverse collection from Disney, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Legend of Korra. Airbender Pocahontas and Princess Aurora of the Northern Water Tribe are joined by Jafar as the Head of the Dai Li and Jessica Rabbit as Asami Sato. Even Snow White is accompanied by the seven, earthbending dwarves. Check out the gallery below for all twenty of Cook's interpretations of some of your favorite Disney characters in the world of Aang and Korra.
[gallery=2836]
Also, fans of Legend of Korra should check out [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/tvrecaps/11816-Legend-of-Korra-Review-More-Like-Avatar-But-Still-Korra"]our review[/a] of the Book Three premiere. The new episode airs this Friday at 8 pm on Nickelodeon.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Just because he chose to do crossover fanart of a shows I liked (mainly toward The Last Airbender than The Legend of Korra) doesn't mean I starting to liked the Disney Princesses fanart.

Seriously ENOUGH of the Disney Princesses crossover fanarts!!

What's next? Disney Princesses with Tron, Breaking Bad or even Attack on Titans???

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Well, I think it's official, the Escapist staff is doing all of this as a massive troll. The more everyone asks for less, the more they go out of their way to find even more!

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Scarim Coral said:
Just because he chose to do crossover fanart of a shows I liked (mainly toward The Last Airbender than The Legend of Korra) doesn't mean I starting to liked the Disney Princesses fanart.

Seriously ENOUGH of the Disney Princesses crossover fanarts!!

What's next? Disney Princesses with Tron, Breaking Bad or even Attack on Titans???
Yeah im a jerk.

OT: Some of the pictures look pretty cool while the others are pretty meh. But whats with all the Disney fanart lately?

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Redryhno said:
Well, I think it's official, the Escapist staff is doing all of this as a massive troll. The more everyone asks for less, the more they go out of their way to find even more!
I'm pretty sure this is actually the case. I'm mostly fine with it if it is the case.

mostly

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012

Now all we need is a crossover of Disney Princesses and The Escapist staff. :p

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Redryhno said:
Cynical though it may be: slideshows that refresh the page every time you scroll produce more ad views - a two page text article takes ten times as much effort to produce compared to a 10 picture slideshow that produces five times as many page views.

Plus if someone writes an article they usually expect to get paid, as opposed to image slideshows where the artist is compensated with links rather than dollars.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
How about Disney princesses reimagined as Disney princesses? I bet noone's thought about that one before!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'm getting tired of these Disney Princess as X mashups. Come on people, there's more stuff out there. Like that batshit insane Transformers Meets Evangelion which is apparently real.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Okay, I'm apparently the only person here who actually enjoyed these pictures. I liked figuring out who each character was supposed to be. The only two I don't know are Jasmin and Esmeralda. I take it they're just random Fire Benders, or am I forgetting someone?
Also, where was Ty Lee?

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
Okay, I'm apparently the only person here who actually enjoyed these pictures. I liked figuring out who each character was supposed to be. The only two I don't know are Jasmin and Esmeralda. I take it they're just random Fire Benders, or am I forgetting someone?
Also, where was Ty Lee?
Girlfriend and I are quite fond of both the Avatar series as well as Disney movies. It's quite entertaining overall.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
I mean, I really liked them. And yeah, they are just firebender versions of the characters.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
Why does the tangled girl have fire bending? That seems like the worse possible power to have when you have such long hair.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I just don't get this "Disney Princesses" thing but at least this one said "And other characters".

Also that Jessica Rabbit one looks pretty cool, except for the slighlty flat boob and the weird leg position.

Sniper Team 4 said:
Also, where was Ty Lee?
I don't think the thing is people don't like these, as much as "MORE PRINCESS STUFF BECAUSE VIEWS" thing, I mean I've seen several of these and I haven't paid attention for more than a week or so, and considering how this is a... "geek" (I lack knowledge for better fitting word) site, there could be fanart of something else.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Grabehn said:
I don't think the thing is people don't like these, as much as "MORE PRINCESS STUFF BECAUSE VIEWS" thing, I mean I've seen several of these and I haven't paid attention for more than a week or so, and considering how this is a... "geek" (I lack knowledge for better fitting word) site, there could be fanart of something else.
I think you have a point there. Good examples of fanart can be appreciated. Heck, they could even make a new category similar to the cosplay topic. It's just that it seems like the only fanart ever posted is that of Disney princesses. If they could maybe branch out a bit and look at things other than Disney, maybe they'd have something. I mean, there's thousands of video games, movies, and TV shows out there; there's bound to be decent fanart of one of them.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Very nice, probably my favourite of the Disney Princess galleries so far. I'm having a hard time picking a favourite, although the White Lotus one is very clever.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Guys... there have been a grand total of four Disney princess fanart mashups (1 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129759-Disney-Princesses-Revamped-With-Final-Fantasy-Job-Classes], 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132375-Artist-Reimagines-Disney-Princesses-as-Game-of-Thrones-Characters], 3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133740-Artist-Envisions-Disney-Princesses-as-Dungeons-Dragons-Players], 4 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136014-Disney-Princesses-as-Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Characters]) in a time period of eight months, the last one being almost 3 months ago. That's not exactly saturation point.
I'm counting this one.

Whether anyone thinks we've hit a saturation point of Disney Princess fan art news or not, nothing is really stopping news posts from highlighting fan art of other things (which I'd like to see more of).