Disney's Cruella

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Yup, this is happening. Disney is making an origin movie for Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yup, this is happening. Disney is making an origin movie for Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians.
They've been going on and on about this for ages. Was this delayed due to covid or something?

But yeah, seems an odd choice, unless everyone really wants to see Emma Stone in weird makeup.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Genuinely surprised anyone cares about this. Never really been a fan of the "let's humanize the bad guy" thing. And personally I think it only works for classic characters made during times when people had vastly different morals and ethics. Pretty sure the mass murder of puppies to plaster their fur all over has some kind of fetish has always been considered evil.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
They've been going on and on about this for ages. Was this delayed due to covid or something?

But yeah, seems an odd choice, unless everyone really wants to see Emma Stone in weird makeup.
Honestly, a lot of the first shots of this trailer, made me think it was Kristen Wigg.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
See I will never accept a backstory for Cruella that doesn’t involve doing mountains of cocaine in London party areas. Because you cannot tell me that she didn’t.
That would explain one thing. How she and Anita could be classmates while Anita appears to be in her late 20's and Cruella looks at least 60.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Of all the bad guys whose backstories they could have explored, they're going for the crazy rich woman who wants to skin puppies?
Watch its going to turn out that she's an animal lover and works as a vet or something, and the Dearly family are puppy mill runners and Pongo and Perdy are abused breeding dogs. And Cruella tries to save them, but the Dearly's fake some evidence or post a viral video or convince the media Cruella is trying to skin the puppies for a coat, and in the end she becomes the Dark Knight, accepting the world's hate for her if it means doing the right thing, ie getting those puppies.

That's been Disney's entire MO when it comes to 'reimagined' Disney villains, just make them Batman.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Depends on if he got more songs since 'Hellfire' is one of the best Disney villain songs if not best songs.

For sure, you get no argument from me about Hellfire, it's a great villain song. It's more the nature of Frollo's evil that sets him apart from most all other Disney villains. I mean, it's right there in the song.