Disney's Cruella

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
For sure, you get no argument from me about Hellfire, it's a great villain song. It's more the nature of Frollo's evil that sets him apart from most all other Disney villains. I mean, it's right there in the song.
He would certainly be a more charged villain, but Cruella's whole thing is killing puppies, they would have to do some qanon level shit to retcon that into a sympathetic motivation... LOL, what if they make it so shes got a daughter with cancer and the only thing that can save her is a puppy skin coat, or she was attacked by puppies and needs to kill them for revenge.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
He would certainly be a more charged villain, but Cruella's whole thing is killing puppies, they would have to do some qanon level shit to retcon that into a sympathetic motivation... LOL, what if they make it so shes got a daughter with cancer and the only thing that can save her is a puppy skin coat, or she was attacked by puppies and needs to kill them for revenge.
To be honest, if Disney's goal was to get people into seats just to see how the movie would make such a cartoonishly evil character sympathetic? Well, it's kind of working. Only kind of, tho. Not that it'll matter. My gf will make me watch it with her anyway.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That would explain one thing. How she and Anita could be classmates while Anita appears to be in her late 20's and Cruella looks at least 60.
Someone answered that earlier
See I will never accept a backstory for Cruella that doesn’t involve doing mountains of cocaine in London party areas. Because you cannot tell me that she didn’t.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Oh, there's a poster where the A in Emma Stone is an anarchy symbol. I guess skinning puppies is part of overthrowing the...

Hang on, the movie industry is a zillion dollar corrupt establishment, makes sense they'd smear anarchists.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Of all the bad guys whose backstories they could have explored, they're going for the crazy rich woman who wants to skin puppies?
I mean, the likelihood of it being "Men kept her down cause they were scared of her and the madness of the world and her not finding where she felt she fit in driving her insane Joker style because somehow men secretly control the fashion world and one of the main men behind it had Dalmatians" will likely get some praise. I mean Disney has been doing some stuff of trying to make villains like Maleficent more tragic characters than outright evil to the bone villains.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I mean, the likelihood of it being "Men kept her down cause they were scared of her and the madness of the world and her not finding where she felt she fit in driving her insane Joker style because somehow men secretly control the fashion world and one of the main men behind it had Dalmatians" will likely get some praise. I mean Disney has been doing some stuff of trying to make villains like Maleficent more tragic characters than outright evil to the bone villains.
Im pretty sure Maleficent wasn't a Disney original idea.

Also, when are they going to do Snow, Glass, Apple? That seems to be the next stage of the evolution