Disney's Descendants: Teen Children of Famous Villains Go to School

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
GamerMage said:
You want something similar that I think is good? Marvel's "The Runaways" (Has a similar plot, the main cast discover their parents are super villains) or "Gladstone's school for World Conquerers". (Think Teen Titans if they were supposedly super villains)
Or try Worm [http://parahumans.wordpress.com/category/stories-arcs-1-10/arc-1-gestation/1-01/] for something a bit more dark than these, with the same teenage supervillain team theme.

(Warning: Worm is extremely long).

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I...this just sounds so stupid I can't even being to formulate a proper, reasoned response.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
I think that this could work... if it wasn't being produced by the Disney Channel. I have a little sister, which means that I've had to sit through their programming, and it's generally (aside from some bright spots like Phineas & Ferb or Gravity Falls) pretty terrible. I can't imagine this being anything more than corny teen angst that basically avoids any of the interesting concepts that this movie could approach.

Also, I call it in advance: Jafar's kid is going to have a pet lion cub named Pockmark, or Paper-cut.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
If this was, say, 4 fans cosplaying, that'd be cool, but as an official venture, Jesus Christ how horrifying. And apparently directed and written by horrible people as well. I know Disney is Disney but fuck. Have some integrity.

I wasn't going to watch it anyway, it's just kind of vaguely sad.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
It's gonna bomb. I mean, don't get me wrong, I actually sort of like the concept, but still... doomed. I don't think it'll manage the sort of careful writing that'd be needed to show these characters as rough but still relatable, and bullies are not an appreciated group in this day and age (fortunately).
Pretty much all of this. The idea sounds interesting but I really, really doubt they'll be able to pull it off without it turning into a train wreck the likes of which rarely happen.

Like someone else said, if this was just a fan effort, I'd be a hell of a lot more forgiving about it but what the hell Disney? When I saw the picture I thought it was some kinda cosplay thing about the next Kingdom Hearts game.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
This is intriguing, but something tells me it's gonna be far from my demographic.

1. It's nice to see they got the Kingdom Hearts guys to come in on the show and do costume design.

2. Dopey has a son? Therein lies some Rule 34 that I never want to know about.

Khanht Cope

Jul 22, 2011
The fashion looks very 90's. Early Power Rangers style.

I don't know anything about the Disney channel or the stuff they put on it though. Is it a cable channel?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
If I ever watch this, I'm going to be laughing my ass off for all the wrong reasons.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
It looks awful. The costume design is... just awful. I don't know why, but I want this to fail so hard.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Andrew Siribohdi said:
This can only be the end result of very scary fanfiction.
No, this IS horrible fanfiction. Let's see, a story about a next generation (check) of characters from various stories (check) in a giant crossover that makes absolutely no sense from the narratives of any of the stories in question (check) going to highschool (DING DING, WE HAVE A LOSER!)

Also, look at those costumes, they are HORRIBLE. It's like they robbed some final fantasy cosplayers, or stole their designs from original characters on DeviantArt. Also, what is up with those knuckle hole gloves? If I didn't have the key, I would be at a loss of who each of these guys parents are supposed to be. I might of figured out that Jafar's son is the one that isn't paste white. Also, who is the asswipe in the corner with the red shirt? The bastard child of Cruella de Vil and Iago?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Shanicus said:
I like how the son of Jafar, a manipulative wizard-y character, is built like a brick shithouse. Somebody did not follow in daddy's footsteps, that's for sure.

Unless he was concieved during that whole 'Came back as a muscle-bound demonic genie' phase Jafar went through... which begs the question, who the hell is the mum?
I have a feeling that trying to apply logic here is a task of complete futility. X_X

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
... This is the worst Idea I've ever heard! I mean... How did you come up with this terrible Idea first of all? Secondly, why are you going through with it? You're ruining Classic Villains by giving them lame kids! It's like when Shia LeBoufe was the lame son of Indiana Jones! Your just going to ruin classic Villains this way, not make them cooler.

Also, why would the evil Queen ever have a Daughter?! Her whole character in Snow White was I must be the prettiest woman in the Kingdom, and anyone who is a threat to me I must kill! Being the Prettiest Woman in the Kingdom, will mean your Daughter will eventually surpass you in looks, so she'd have to kill her (Unless she's an Ugly Inbred)!

This just blows my mind...

Is this the face of a man that someone is willingly going to mate with? Hell, the whole plot of the movie was his desire (and failing) to get laid.

Which is an uncomfortable theme in a lot of Disney films... >_>

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Wait wait wait.... "Doug, the son of Dopey?"

DOPEY GOT LAID????

That took this movie from "Kingdom Hearts Cosplay" to "Dear God, What Is My Life And I Must See This Now."

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
MovieBob said:
...and a character named Doug described as "the son of Dopey."
Which creates an interesting mental image seeing as how Doug was ALSO a series that appeared on the Disney channel.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Andrew Siribohdi said:
This can only be the end result of very scary fanfiction.
No, this IS horrible fanfiction. Let's see, a story about a next generation (check) of characters from various stories (check) in a giant crossover that makes absolutely no sense from the narratives of any of the stories in question (check) going to highschool (DING DING, WE HAVE A LOSER!)

Also, look at those costumes, they are HORRIBLE. It's like they robbed some final fantasy cosplayers, or stole their designs from original characters on DeviantArt. Also, what is up with those knuckle hole gloves? If I didn't have the key, I would be at a loss of who each of these guys parents are supposed to be. I might of figured out that Jafar's son is the one that isn't paste white. Also, who is the asswipe in the corner with the red shirt? The bastard child of Cruella de Vil and Iago?
As a fanfiction writer myself...I completely agree. I don't know what kind of industrial strength narcotics were involved in the creation of this, but the amount consumed had to be a hair shy of an OD to come up wtih something like this.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So did the Disney live-action prop department accidentally order too many pairs of fingerless gloves or are they a sign of inherited evil? Jafar's kid has fingers on his gloves so maybe he's MORE evil and one of the girls only has one glove so she's probably only half evil. It's all in the gloves people.

Xelien

Oct 22, 2008
I don't understand the reason to put light on these kinds of movies on here. It obviously made for young teens, something I think most of us on this site are not. Of course it induces eye rolls, but I totally think 13 year old me would've thought it was cool. But still costume design is so silly, this pic looks a cosplay photoshoot.