Disorder Reviews: Metal Gear Solid 2 (Interview w/ Joe Biden)

Rate this Disorder Reviews review

• Joe Biden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senator Armstrong

• Jeb Bush

• Mitt Romney

• Vladimir Putin

• Total voters

Martintox

Mister Disorder
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Martintox Presents: Disorder Reviews

Rating System

----

INTERVIEW W/ JOE BIDEN REGARDING METAL GEAR SOLID 2

As a follow-up to the release of Death Stranding and in anticipation for the United States 2020 presidential elections, I have held an interview with candidate Joe Biden to discuss Hideo Kojima's seminal title Metal Gear Solid 2.

----

JOE BIDEN:

We believe in truth over politics. And our message is simple. America is better than a country where more than half of our population is a criminal, where a woman's right to choose is criminal , where women are the least educated on earth , where the highest percentage of homeless kids are white and children are being killed by their parents in our schools. We believe in America because our Founders wrote it ... because our people built it... because we made it and because we fought to keep it there. We know that this country will never be perfect . But what we do know is that when the stakes are higher than anything that we 've ever seen before , our founders knew that they needed to make a decision . Think about this for a minute. They knew they would lose the election. But they knew that the outcome would determine the course of their children's lives and the fate of our civilization. So the only course , Joe Biden's right.

MR. DISORDER:

What do you mean?

JOE BIDEN:

I believe in God . ... It will save us. I know that our nation is headed in the right direction. But I also know that there are people out there who say that our Constitution isn't strong enough to withstand the forces of evil . That is a very false assumption . You're talking to the man who drafted it. I'm talking to the father of the Constitution . ( Appl ause ) I'm not talking to a bunch of kids in Ohio on their way to the football game who are thinking about getting married on Valentine 's Day and having their weddings and spending time with their families that don't have fathers anymore. ( Appl ause ) If you ask me what makes us the greatest nation in the history of the world, I will give you an answer very soon.

MR. DISORDER:

Interesting. What, precisely, does this have to do with the themes of virtual reality in Metal Gear Solid 2?

JOE BIDEN:

It has nothing to do with the game. What's important is that the American people get a sense that we can stand up to the Russian aggression and that Russia is now paying a serious price for its actions in the Ukraine and the other places that Vladimir Putin and Russia have invaded and invaded.

MR. DISORDER:

People have often mentioned that Kojima titles such as MGS2 have predicted many important parts of contemporary society, particularly regarding social media and global warfare. Do you believe that he may have also foreseen the current situation with Russia?

JOE BIDEN:

Well , I 'm not familiar with anything Mr . Koj ima has written about this and I can 't comment on that , but I do know that Mr. Koj ima has a long history of criticizing our foreign policy and especially our military strategy in the Middle East. ( Appl ause ) Mr . K ojima has also expressed very strong support for President Xi Jinping and the Chinese government . It is true that he was the host of the International Economic Forum in September at the White House and I know that Mr. Koj ima was very enthusiastic about this event . It is also true that he was one of the organizers of the G 8 Summit in Vancouver , which I believe is an excellent example of how much we need an American presence in Europe . We should not forget that Mr . K ojima was the architect of the Bush administration ' s foreign policy of creating chaos , instability and instability and instability has taken over the Middle East , particularly in Syria and Iraq and I believe he is right in saying that our strategy has failed in many ways . Mr . K ojima may not be familiar with much about American foreign policy , but he certainly understands the importance of our national interests.

MR. DISORDER:

Do you believe, then, that Kojima may have based MGS2's political intrigue on his own experiences in the Bush administration?

JOE BIDEN:

Absolutely . I think he is an extraordinarily talented man who has done some extraordinary things. But, I mean , he is an American . I know this because he went back and forth between the White House and the Pentagon and he knows people inside Washington and I am sure he would be able to offer me some really good information about that . (L aughter.) I don 't mean to suggest that Mr . Koj ima has any personal vend etta against Mr. Romney ; that's the point I am making. But I can assure you that his whole life is dedicated to making America great again and it is not something he was born to do but it is something that he was trained to do , and in my opinion he has achieved that in a big way . (L augh ter.) In my view, the Bush administration has never done anything but give K ojima an absolute green light to do whatever he wants to do to the American people.

MR. DISORDER:

Is Hideo Kojima still working as a part of the American government, and has he used his experience since MGS2 to inform the development of his games since then?

JOE BIDEN:

Yes , he is. He was an executive producer in the U. S. Army Intelligence Department . He had a background in the CIA . So he has worked closely with the CIA and other organizations to try to get this game out there . He has worked with all the major studios and with the government as well as he has worked with a number of individuals like myself. In all honesty, Mr . Koj ima is a very good worker and a very bright guy. We work on a daily basis with him , and his talents have allowed us to create a world that we think the American people will want to go back to . THE CHIE F INTER VIEWER is Jim K oj ima, the Executive Producer of MGS V, which is scheduled for release in December 2003 . ( L augh ter.) You mentioned before about your relationship with him , what role do you think you have in his development ?

MR. DISORDER:

What do you mean by this?

JOE BIDEN:

Mr . Disorder was my brother, my sister , my partner in the development of the original MGS 1 and 2. I know him very well. He's the one who came up with the name " Snake Eater ". His ideas for the game were very good . So he's the one who really got it started and has continued the project throughout the history - of our involvement with development on many platforms throughout the past twenty eight odd years.

MR. DISORDER:

Excuse me, twenty eight years?

JOE BIDEN:

Yeah , it was my thirty fourth birthday when I came aboard as Executive Producer .

MR. DISORDER:

Wasn't Kojima the executive producer?

JOE BIDEN:

Well , I think so. There have been many people involved with the series over the years , like Toho , Sega , Konami , Sony , Sega Genesis , Nintendo, Microsoft, Atari, Nintendo 64 , Game Cube, Wii, PlayStation, etc.

MR. DISORDER:

Half of these are consoles!

JOE BIDEN:

No , they are not consoles. But I think they are interesting ideas for games , as long as they are not overly derivative of the United States military. I think we should be respectful of the military 's efforts to make a game , because we've been doing it for nearly fifty years. So I would say that we should consider it with a great deal of humility, and certainly not take the military military, the American military, the American military as the end -all be all of game.

MR. DISORDER:

The military produces games? You didn't even call me up to work on one!?

JOE BIDEN:

I did not, nor did I get that phone call. Mr. Kojima did not call. But if we were to work on this game as an American military project, then Mr . Koj ima, Mr. Miyamoto and Mr . Iw ata would be the ones to come to Japan and help us to figure out how to best approach the problem of the American military 's creation of an artificial intelligence that could win the fight against the Japanese military .

MR. DISORDER:

Why would Kojima defect against Japan?

JOE BIDEN:

Because he sees the American military as the solution to world terrorism, and the only reason for our being there in the first place , because we are the only country with nuclear weapons in the world. That's why we 're here .

----​

Sneed's SeednFeed

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Azerbaijan
Interesting interview, doubly so considering how Mr Biden's consultancy was seminal in the creation of Kazuhira Miller, particularly in how the game structured its 'child soldier' mechanics in the preliminary phases of development known as the 'Corn Pop Paradigm System' (CPPS). Initially, instead of a mechanical arm, Punished 'Venom' Snake was supposed to have gone deep cover as a poolguard in Zaire whereupon Skullface would deploy The Bad Boys, wielding rusty straight razors, banging them on the kerb, dipping them in rainbarrels. The system would have supposedly involved rendering in real time, a pool chain with which Venom could upgrade to fight off The Bad Boys and every other 'enemy combattant' in the region based on an old schematic Miller found in Delaware.