DmC: Devil May Cry - Where will it go now? [Spoilers Aplenty]

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
So I just finished the game up like, 5 minutes ago [god Vergil was annoying] and I just popped over here to ask if any of you have any ideas of where the story might take Dante next?

Obviously Vergil wanting to control humanity is a pretty big point but I'm just wondering how he actually intends on ruling if he doesn't have some form of army at his disposal.

I dunno I'm really tired, Whadaya all y'all think?

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Toasty Virus said:
Obviously Vergil wanting to control humanity is a pretty big point but I'm just wondering how he actually intends on ruling if he doesn't have some form of army at his disposal.

I dunno I'm really tired, Whadaya all y'all think?
Well, the whole "WE HAVE AWOKEN" thing seemed to be implying that angels are gonna be showing up, so presumably you'll be fighting them. I don't know that they'll be helping Vergil or vice versa, but then again who says he needs an army? He, Dante and what's-her-face managed to take down Mundus without one, after all.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Who knows? With obvious differences aside, it went this way in DMC 1 and 3. That stopped neither Hell nor the demons within.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
funny i found vergil to be boringly easy. i basically just spammed the dash attack, it was only because i didnt know when to do demon trigger that the fight dragged out for about an hour

as for where the plot goes. don't know don't care. as long as the action is good and the cutscenes are kickass it wont bother me

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I'd kinda like them to do something with the DMC2 cast. Lucia could easily be retcond into being an Angel, and hell, they've already proven they like trolling the fans so why not? maybe they can do something with it to make it not suck

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
gyrobot said:
Well if it continues to reference the divine comedy...wait which part is DmC at?
The part in the self-insertion Bible fanfic where the author portrays people he personally dislikes as denizens of hell. In Dante Alighieri's case, Branca Doria. In Ninja Theory's, Bill O'Reilly.

I don't think it's quite past that point yet. Unless you happened to see bits of Judas in Mundus's mouth.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Lunar Templar said:
I'd kinda like them to do something with the DMC2 cast. Lucia could easily be retcond into being an Angel, and hell, they've already proven they like trolling the fans so why not? maybe they can do something with it to make it not suck
HAHAHAHHA Maybe if they replace all the enemies with the Dream Runner they could fix it- wait if they did that we would just have a weaker version of a Ninja Gaiden..........I anticipate more trolling though.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
shadow skill said:
Lunar Templar said:
HAHAHAHHA Maybe if they replace all the enemies with the Dream Runner they could fix it- wait if they did that we would just have a weaker version of a Ninja Gaiden..........I anticipate more trolling though.
two things
1) given capcom and Ninja Theory, I wouldn't put it past em. Still, I feel that Lucia and Arius could be made decent with a but of actual attention give

2) OVA and TV versions of Shadow Skill where badass

that is all :D

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Lunar Templar said:
shadow skill said:
Lunar Templar said:
two things
1) given capcom and Ninja Theory, I wouldn't put it past em. Still, I feel that Lucia and Arius could be made decent with a but of actual attention give

So awesome. I wonder a Shadow Skill video game could be pulled off? Maybe if Team Ninja or Platinum games had a crack at it.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
I'd like to see the following:-
The world gets rebuilt quite quickly with Kat and Dante's assistance. The demons are all vanquished and humanity regains its freedom. Dante and Kat then plan to ride off into the sunset together. A few months later, the countries of the world plan their first free national elections for a while, Kat and Dante look on in mild satisfaction at a job well done. However, a few weeks into the campaign, Kat goes missing. Dante, obviously upset, begins to hit the bottle.
Three weeks later, and only a few days before the election, the main narrative itself begins. Dante receives a visitor at his apartment. The man says that he is NSA and that he might have intelligence on the whereabouts of Kat. The 'might' part of the sentence makes Dante rather irate. However, the NSA man is able to calm Dante down by offering to show him what he has. A small file containing six photos. The NSA man remarks that not only is the man who took these photos, missing but disappeared whilst investigating a lead on one of the three main candidates for the election.
The photos show the candidate getting out of the back of his car to meet supporters. He shakes hands with an unknown individual. However, this man is some sort of discomfort. Someone accidentally knocks into him from behind, and he looks in agony, clutching his chest. The final shot is of a head of a young girl poking her head out of the car door to make sure he is alright.
It all goes downhill from there.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
shadow skill said:
Lunar Templar said:
shadow skill said:
Lunar Templar said:
two things

So awesome. I wonder a Shadow Skill video game could be pulled off? Maybe if Team Ninja or Platinum games had a crack at it.
Platinum would do a better job I would think. If Bayonetta is anything to go by they get the kind of combat that would be required with out dumbing it down like Ninja Theory did in DmC

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
It will likely be the end of DMC4's plot yet again. Vergils and Sanctus's plans are almost the same. Vergil will play the big saviour and Dante will foil his plans.

Dec 14, 2009
I can haz old Vergil back?

Please?

With sugar on top?

Vergil was pretty much the only thing I really didn't like about the new DmC.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I can haz old Vergil back?

Please?

With sugar on top?

Vergil was pretty much the only thing I really didn't like about the new DmC.
Yeah he wasn't that great. Too boring, at least Dante showed some emotional range.