Do girls like men who can cook?

TotalHobNob

Nov 9, 2010
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?

Seneschal

Blessed are the righteous
Jun 27, 2009
I don't get it; what is so repulsive about being able to prepare food? Even at the most animalistic level, it's a fantastic survival skill. From a civilized viewpoint, it's practically a resume-worthy skill. Hell, put it right there with "speaks Spanish and Afrikaans". You'll be known as "the guy who brings those delicious canapés to the office". How is it manlier and more attractive to be incompetent, it makes no sense!

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
well i am a good cook and everyone loves me or it. in fact i cant fathom how being able to cook would ever be a disadvantage

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
I cook 5 star meals all day everyday thanks to the BasedGod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ls1mErmY1k

THANK YOU BASEDGOD!!!

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Those people may mock, but they'll be mocking you through seven rolls of fat underneath their chin from all the Wendy's they pack into their mouths.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
These girls that you know don't sound very sensible; if you're in some fantastical situation where cooking would somehow be very very bad you could always just... not do it. For every other time, you can!

It's not the very best skill for impressing women since if she's at your house and you're cooking for her, a lot of the time she's already interested in you. On the flip side, even when no women are around you can eat good food at cheap prices if you know how to make it yourself.

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
jamiedf said:
well i am a good cook and everyone loves me or it. in fact i cant fathom how being able to cook would ever be a disadvantage
Same here. While all my friends are going to be eating frozen waffles, I'm gonna have Chicken Parmesan with garlic bread. And cinnamon cheesecake for desert. I don't really see a downside to that.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I usually end up being the one to cook but that's only because I always offer to. I don't doubt that the guys I know can cook either.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
TotalHobNob said:
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?
you can simply tell any friends or girls who behave like that "no soup for you.". thier loss.
OT: if a woman doesn't appreciate your cooking, act as chauvinistic as you can and tell her to do something really gender bias. when she gets offended and calls you out, explain what a double standard is. the situation should click with her if she's got any brains.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
TotalHobNob said:
You're kidding right, like you're messing with us?

Who doesn't like to eat? Especially if you're eating delicious food?

Hell haven't you heard the saying:

"The way to a womans heart is through her stomach"

and you can definitely say that the other way around.

I used to prepare and sell breakfast foods for a large portion of employees at my previous job. When i'm with friends we almost always cook.

If you were serious although I think you're kidding, all your friends and the woman in your life suck and have awful taste.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Well, in my experience, if you are good at cooking, you can set the mood for a great evening.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
TotalHobNob said:
All the girls I've been with think its weak.
What kind of girls have you been hanging out with? I'd love a boyfriend who could cook. Hell, I'd love it if he'd teach me, too.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
I know how to cook. Hell, I make a few really nice varieties of Japanese cuisine (at this, my friend sitting next to me proclaimed "WEEABOO!"*) and my girlfriend, along with a few of her friends, really enjoy my cooking. I think I can vouch for women liking guys who can cook.

Also, if you can't cook, I think you should learn. After all, what happens when you don't have anyone else to cook for you? You gonna go out to eat or have TV dinners for every meal? Seriously, it's an extremely useful skill to have.

*To be honest, I think I'm more of an otaku than anything else. I do like multiple aspects of Japanese culture, but I don't obsess over any of them in particular, sans anime and games, obviously.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Personally, very much, yes. I dislike cooking myself, but if I am doing it with someone, it can be really fun. Why should it be seen as weak? It's an extremely useful skill that shouldn't be gender based. And if nothing else, it's sexy, if I may add.

Scabadus said:
It's not the very best skill for impressing women
I would be very impressed if a man I like is a good cook. I think there is a substantially larger possibility that I would be attracted to a man if he is a good cook than if he's not. But to each his own I suppose.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
You realize most great chefs are men right? I'm pretty sure most of them do alright in the women department.

NeoVoid

Jun 15, 2011
TotalHobNob said:
Sounds like your friends are like my old group of moronic friends that I've since left for better. Well your friends can brag they could flip a burger at McDonalds with a enough skill you could brag about making food at a world famous restaurant that you own.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
You cant really say `all women like X`. :p
It depends.
My boyfriend cooks, and I love that, I dont see why anyone wouldnt like someone who can make a nice meal.