Do girls like men who can cook?

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
My partner can cook much better than I can, it's nice that we can share the kitchen duties and he doesn't expected me just to do it all because I'm the woman.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
TornadoFive said:
The ability to cook a meal is a valuable life skill. Anyone, regardless of gender, should find that attractive.

Clearly the girls you've been with wish to starve, or subside only on take-away for the rest of their lives. Or just need to mature a little. One of the two. :)
On a completely unrelated note. Your avatar is possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen! So many good things in one space! Where did you get it?

Qmonster

Sep 20, 2010
Uhhh... that is creepy. All the girls I've dated have thought it was super sexy that I cooked for them.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
If you can cook, that's totally fine with me. Male or female, on the grill or over the stove. Nothing emasculating about it for dudes. Nothing stereotypical about it for the ladies.

I can cook alright, and I'm a guy. By this, I mean I can follow instructions and come out with something edible, if not delicious. When it comes to experimentation, mastery of spices and all that, I am still very much in the dark.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
TornadoFive said:
The ability to cook a meal is a valuable life skill. Anyone, regardless of gender, should find that attractive.

Clearly the girls you've been with wish to starve, or subside only on take-away for the rest of their lives. Or just need to mature a little. One of the two. :)
On a completely unrelated note. Your avatar is possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen! So many good things in one space! Where did you get it?
Heh, thanks! I made it myself, actually! My three favourite games, into one avatar. Although, if Skyrim turns out to be as awesome as it's currently looking, I may have to find a way to incorporate it in there too!

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
It is neither a major selling point nor a detractor for a guy to be able to cook, so go ahead and cook--but if good cooking is the best thing that can be said about you then as a guy you are in trouble.

But when a girl asks "can you cook?" for some reason what I hear is: "I'm high maintenance." I dunno maybe that's unfair.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Well I hope they don't mind BBQ, pulled pork, homemade mac n cheese, homemade pizza, pasta....

I don't make fancy stuff.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
I'd prefer a man who could cook simply because I can't, though it's not a dating requirement by any means. I'd certainly never complain or tease a man for making me a meal.

Honestly, I think anyone who feels the need to question a man's masculinity is pretty pathetic. As if men don't have anything else to do all day besides run around comparing dick sizes.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Some of us do yes. As a girl, I hate cooking so if someone else can cook more power to them. Especially if they can cook well(and I use to work in a kitchen as a cook)

Daddy Go Bot

Aug 14, 2008
freaper said:
Daddy Go Bot said:
I cook 5 star meals all day everyday thanks to the BasedGod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ls1mErmY1k

THANK YOU BASEDGOD!!!
Why was I expecting a chef explaining me the secrets of high cuisine?

OT: More skills is always better, so why would being able to cook make you look bad?
Are you implying there wasn't a chef explaining the secrets of high cuisine?

Don't worry, you'll see the light of the BasedGod and cook like a Based Disciple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYejQKfKJXU

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
TotalHobNob said:
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?
If you can impress the ladies with it you'll never be lonely, my good man.

I however, burn cold cereal.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
The ladies in my life love and hate the fact that I can cook. They love it because well...I can cook and I make tasty stuff. They hate it because I can cook better than they can. Also they hate that when I cook I just sorta throw things together and usually it's as unhealthy as it is tasty. So, they tend to get a little chubby by hanging around me.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
TotalHobNob said:
I am man who knows how to cook and my friends usually give me shit for it. All the girls I've been with think its weak. So my question is do women like men who can cook really well?
I get the opposite opinion from my fiancee, she really likes it when I cook for her.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
To me, its a nice skill to have, but not necessarily the biggest thing to look for in a guy.
Having said that, I have to wonder at the women in your area if they act like that suddenly turns you into Mr.Housewife. The stereotypes that continue to carry on in small towns and certain areas of the world are rather baffling to me.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
The only negative I can see is that I would probably obligated to do the dishes afterwards, and that is the worst thing ever.

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Why would your friends give you shit for it?

Do you walk tall, call yourself 'Total "The Chef" HobNob', give unwanted serving suggestions for everything you see, let loose the odd uncensored "hmmmmm" at the thought of a new recipe, and berate those who can't cook?

If not; no, you don't deserve shit. Cooking is great, and women usually love it.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Cooking skill isn't something that draws girl to you but its a nice plus.

If you can fix a girl herbed tuna fillies with steamed vegys on a bed of wild rice (one of my personal specialties) she won't dislike you for it.

and if you can throw the appropriate wine in with it (a skill i lack), then you've doubled your keeper score.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I'm not a girl but I think the ability to cook well is something worthy of respect from anyone. I mean, who doesn't like good food?

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
All I can say is that every Saturday or Sunday morning my man gets up and makes me breakfast is a great day for him down the line. So, yeah, cooking is a plus.