Do we have enough video footage evidence yet to prove Biden is senile?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
EDIT: Like for fucks sake, this idiot got elected to Congress. The fuck am I supposed to negotiate with here? We don't even live in the same goddamned reality.
"Loves America, hates traitors"

Proceeds to list off a number people who participated in/lead armed rebellion against the country.

Yep, the amount of stupid and cognitive dissonance here is spot on for the GOP.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to rush over here and tell me the confederacy was all about Southern Pride or something, which begs the question why some people find some much pride these 4 particular years and not the rest of the time the South has existed. Aside from the Armed Rebellion because the rest of America somehow wasn't racist enough for them at the time(and considering how Racist the North was, that's saying something).

Last edited:

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Maybe a...Death Race perhaps?
View attachment 4110

Or it could backfire spectacularly, as that one Terry Pratchett bit goes, IE "It's the old ones you got to look out for, as they spent a long time getting good at not dying."

Though, I do approve of this blood-sport idea; we're already living in an 80's dystopian-lite future anyway, may as well go full Running Man, you know?
Go Hunger Games instead - it sells better with the youth and has a built in mechanism for political donations.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
For America, having shared values with a politician has, no pun intended, trumped all other concerns for some time. Democrat voters are certainly guilty of behaving this way, but I'm rather more concerned about how it applies to the Republicans because they believe a lot of things that have a very tenuous relationship with reality.

Reactions: Agema

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
For America, having shared values with a politician has, no pun intended, trumped all other concerns for some time. Democrat voters are certainly guilty of behaving this way, but I'm rather more concerned about how it applies to the Republicans because they believe a lot of things that have a very tenuous relationship with reality.
They've been cultivating that lack of reality for decades....thousands of years really, if you consider they basically just coopted religion, and linked it to their political stance/beliefs. So yeah, lots of conditioning on their end for just believing things because they feel good, make them feel important/special/blessed/chosen, and also give them a very easily labeled enemy, that is so evil, they feel no guilt for anything they do. Lots of declaration of virtue for actively disregarding evidence, and just believing shit anyway, like that's a good thing, and calling anyone that tries to make them see reason, enemies of freedom, geezus, and 'Murica. You are not the only person concerned about the current state of their party.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes, this is sort of how I feel.

I totally accept that Pelosi and whoever else "play politics". But let's face it, none of that is on the scale of a co-ordinated plan to deny a fair election result and whipping up supporters to pressurise state and federal authorities into scrapping the democratic vote.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am sick of baby boomers thinking they own this country.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
it was the election result mandated by established procedure, but let's not go wild with "fair"
Sure, however I don't see the people complaining that the election was fraudulent really fighting the sort of unfairness that is the death grip party beureaucracy and money hold over the process.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Sure, however I don't see the people complaining that the election was fraudulent really fighting the sort of unfairness that is the death grip party beureaucracy and money hold over the process.
oh, yeah, they are absolutely not doing that at all. they want to replace a systematically unfair process with arbitrarily picking the other probable result of that unfair process under the unfounded accusation that the vote tallies in the systematically unfair process were falsified. Almost seems like "stop the steal" was designed in a lab to make right-wingers spin their wheels feeling like they are doing something important and noble and oppositional without actually disturbing the establishment that they think of has having cheated them in the slightest.

Last edited: