Do we have enough video footage evidence yet to prove Biden is senile?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The thing I find funny about this, is the implication from those who are being critical of Biden, that those of us on the left, don't actually mostly agree.
Well, the specific criticisms would tend to be wildly different. One side claiming he must be senile, the other pointing to actions regarding Cuba, for examples.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Well, the specific criticisms would tend to be wildly different. One side claiming he must be senile, the other pointing to actions regarding Cuba, for examples.
Oh, he's senile too, don't get me wrong. However, I suspect senility is mostly something people will ignore if they like a candidate for other reasons. Frankly, I'd like someone senile with my politics more than a lucid opponent.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Maybe we need a battle royale system. Each party puts 4 people into the race and they hold public voting tournaments, the final winner is who becomes president.
Not really sure that would fix anything.

Unless ... unless the contestants were to face each other in a last man standing death match. That still woundn't fix any real problems, but at least politics would entertain.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Unless ... unless the contestants were to face each other in a last man standing death match. That still woundn't fix any real problems, but at least politics would entertain.
No no, it would make it so the really old people would NEVER try to run for the office because they'd die in the first five seconds of the match.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Maybe we need a battle royale system. Each party puts 4 people into the race and they hold public voting tournaments, the final winner is who becomes president.

Maybe a...Death Race perhaps?
1627052821976.png

No no, it would make it so the really old people would NEVER try to run for the office because they'd die in the first five seconds of the match.
Or it could backfire spectacularly, as that one Terry Pratchett bit goes, IE "It's the old ones you got to look out for, as they spent a long time getting good at not dying."

Though, I do approve of this blood-sport idea; we're already living in an 80's dystopian-lite future anyway, may as well go full Running Man, you know?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I think this was why Trump won as well. People fucking HATED Hillary, she was an obvious corrupt criminal villain and people went with Trump because he was the only other option. She had an insurmountable level of distrust with the public, that was never going to be overcome. I think if they had put Bernie forth, he would have MURDERED Trump in the election easily.

Its just funny that Trump had about every flaw that was so unacceptable in Clinton, but only to a much worse degree.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Sure and even if we want to step back and say okay Biden's mentality is fine. He just sucks at public speaking, or giving speeches, then we also have to acknowledge that he isn't a good person for a figurehead. Public speaking is a huge part of the job because that's what allows the public to understand the decision making that happens with the office and the situations around the world. This is a guy who sat right next to world leaders and could only smile as they laughed at him for being unable to speak or even remember something that Boris Johnson said 6 fucking seconds ago. You can't have the rest of the world laughing at your "leader". It wasnt good when George Bush Jr, did it, it wasn't good with Clinton got a hummer, it wasn't good when they laughed at Trump either.
I can quite assure you, the world is laughing a lot less at the USA's leader than it was throughout 2017-2020. Sleepy grandpa is a big step up from clueless, narcissistically unhinged grandpa. Thus like I said, it's a bit late to start complaining about how respectable the president should appear now for anyone who took a hard pass on the same 2017-2020. Doing so is really just a roundabout way of saying "I am a right winger".

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I can quite assure you, the world is laughing a lot less at the USA's leader than it was throughout 2017-2020. Sleepy grandpa is a big step up from clueless, narcissistically unhinged grandpa. Thus like I said, it's a bit late to start complaining about how respectable the president should appear now for anyone who took a hard pass on the same 2017-2020. Doing so is really just a roundabout way of saying "I am a right winger".
So if I showed you a random person upset that the president isn't a good figurehead without telling you which president, you'd assume the person is a right-winger?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Doing so is really just a roundabout way of saying "I am a right winger".
You say "right winger" much the way the left says "nazi". Being right or left shouldn't automatically be cause for someone to dismiss your opinions. Conservative and progressive people both have perfectly valid viewpoints on things 99% of the time. And frankly most people usually fall somewhere closer to the middle ground depending on the issue.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
we also have to acknowledge that he isn't a good person for a figurehead.
Here's where i disagree: I think Biden's an
excellent material for a figurehead.
Public speaking is a huge part of the job because that's what allows the public to understand the decision making that happens with the office and the situations around the world. This is a guy who sat right next to world leaders and could only smile as they laughed at him for being unable to speak or even remember something that Boris Johnson said 6 fucking seconds ago. You can't have the rest of the world laughing at your "leader". It wasnt good when George Bush Jr, did it, it wasn't good with Clinton got a hummer, it wasn't good when they laughed at Trump either.
Maybe this conga of failures indicts that stressing on your candidate's "public speaking" skills isn't the right way.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe this conga of failures indicts that stressing on your candidate's "public speaking" skills isn't the right way.
I think most president's have been trash, because our system of politics is nothing but power plays for personal gain and no longer about creating a system that provides, regulates, and protects the people and country.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You say "right winger" much the way the left says "nazi". Being right or left shouldn't automatically be cause for someone to dismiss your opinions.
Why not? I'd say it's perfectly valid to ignore an idiot's opinions until you hear somebody reasonable express them. Can you honestly say that if you didn't know my politics, you wouldn't agree with it?

Reactions: Buyetyen

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Why not? I'd say it's perfectly valid to ignore an idiot's opinions until you hear somebody reasonable express them. Can you honestly say that if you didn't know my politics, you wouldn't agree with it?
Because you are just labeling a person an idiot directly based on them being "right wing" without actually considering the opinion.

Yes in a vacuum, you of course just wave away a dumb idea, however that's not what was said. It's blind devotion and immediately viewing the "right" as the adversary and nothing more. The "right" is the enemy and there is no consideration beyond that. Which is an absolutely fucked up way to view shit. And if you are outright going to dismiss any idea, or source of information, strictly on the basis of being from the "right", then you are just a butt nugget and have invalidated your own opinion in the exact same way.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Because you are just labeling a person an idiot directly based on them being "right wing" without actually considering the opinion.

Yes in a vacuum, you of course just wave away a dumb idea, however that's not what was said. It's blind devotion and immediately viewing the "right" as the adversary and nothing more. The "right" is the enemy and there is no consideration beyond that. Which is an absolutely fucked up way to view shit. And if you are outright going to dismiss any idea, or source of information, strictly on the basis of being from the "right", then you are just a butt nugget and have invalidated your own opinion in the exact same way.
Maybe we're judging the right on their policy platform and public behavior and coming to the conclusion they're not serious about governance.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe we're judging the right on their policy platform and public behavior and coming to the conclusion they're not serious about governance.
Fine if that's the case, but that still requires analyzing their actual ideas. Just because someone is "right wing" doesn't mean they support 100% of the right's policies simply because they are on the right. You understand the difference right?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You say "right winger" much the way the left says "nazi". Being right or left shouldn't automatically be cause for someone to dismiss your opinions.
It doesn't matter how much someone hates politics, despairs of party politics, says "But both parties suck", once they've put hundreds of comments into discussions in a political forum any attentive reader should know roughly where they stand on the left-right axis.

There aren't many absolutes: some right wingers will prefer Biden to Trump, some left wingers Trump to Biden. But given the colossal level of global disrespect for Donald Trump, trying to argue Biden has a worse global image than Donald Trump did as president is so obviously factually wrong that by far the highest likelihood is right-wing bias.

I get it. For most right-wingers, Trump was their president. At that point, to admit that they supported a colossal shitshow of a president has a huge cognitive pain attached. What is the saying: "Who is the greater fool: the fool or the fool who follows him?" Who wants to admit something which creates the conclusion they were a fool?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I get it. For most right-wingers, Trump was their president. At that point, to admit that they supported a colossal shitshow of a president has a huge cognitive pain attached. What is the saying: "Who is the greater fool: the fool or the fool who follows him?" Who wants to admit something which creates the conclusion they were a fool?
And one could easily argue that the left is dealing with that exact same conundrum as we speak. Biden is shit, it's a different type of shit than Trump, but they both stink either way. Yet we have the left defending him because........I don't know actually. I guess they are defending him strictly on the basis that he isn't Trump? But that's a really fucking low bar to hold don't you think.

Right and left should come together as one and go, the government fucking sucks right now full stop.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
You say "right winger" much the way the left says "nazi". Being right or left shouldn't automatically be cause for someone to dismiss your opinions. Conservative and progressive people both have perfectly valid viewpoints on things 99% of the time. And frankly most people usually fall somewhere closer to the middle ground depending on the issue.
Oh that is certainly true under normal circumstances. But we're not living in normal circumstances. In our current time the right keeps making pacts with destructive demagogues, with the American right in particular having made a pact with the most openly malicious demagogue they could get their hands on.

If people spend four years condoning or even endorsing Trump then we've got plenty of cause to dismiss their opinions. With Le Pen or Wilders I can at least sort of get it but this is Donald Trump. Anyone with a functioning ability to judge right and wrong should have seen through him long ago. The idea of both sides having a point vanished in America a long time ago.

Yes in a vacuum, you of course just wave away a dumb idea, however that's not what was said. It's blind devotion and immediately viewing the "right" as the adversary and nothing more. The "right" is the enemy and there is no consideration beyond that.
As with the previous point this would be correct under normal circumstances but in these times the right itself has declared itself the enemy. If people make Trump their leader it means democracy or a functioning rule of laws are not factors they deem to be of any importance which means our paths simply must diverge.

Reactions: Dalisclock