Do You Ever Buy Games Knowing They'll Be Crap?

Blue Horn

May 16, 2010
Sure do. Whenever I'm at Gamestop I always look through the used PS2 games that are $4.99 and under to look for something I've never heard of or looks interesting. The worst I've gotten was Death By Degrees.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I used to have an annoying habit of wasting my money on any downloadable game that looked even remotely fun, even if i knew i'd hate it after 5 minutes. Sometimes it'd get even worse and i'd buy games that i knew would be terrible throughout just for the sake of it.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
child of lileth said:
Yes, I've bought Marvel Nemesis while 100% sober once. I just remember watching the guy at the counter shake his head in disappointment, and that's when I knew I was doing the right thing. I can't even put into words how hard it is to actually want to play that game again, after I spent about an hour with it.
What is Marvel Nemesis?

As for me, Bioshock 2. Got it for 10 bucks once. Was worth the 10 bucks. I find it inferior to the first.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I bought Tank Universal when it came out on steam, I've played it once...

I didn't expect to like it, but the way steam markets things with discounts, I can't help it. Another customer lured in.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Pff... i never buy games. With that said, no, when the occation comes and i have to buy one i do the research. I've only bought 3 games to my ps3 in the past 3 years. Borderlands, Killzone 2 and Oblivion, all great games.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Twilight.falls said:
child of lileth said:
Yes, I've bought Marvel Nemesis while 100% sober once. I just remember watching the guy at the counter shake his head in disappointment, and that's when I knew I was doing the right thing. I can't even put into words how hard it is to actually want to play that game again, after I spent about an hour with it.
What is Marvel Nemesis?

As for me, Bioshock 2. Got it for 10 bucks once. Was worth the 10 bucks. I find it inferior to the first.
A horrible, horrible game, that was so bad, it's forgotten by history. It's like a fighting game based on Marvel comics, but you have to play these boring rooms full of the same few enemies, over, and over, and over again. I only played it for a bit one time a long time ago, so I can't remember it enough to give a better description, but I'm sure Youtube and Google can help.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
I saw Silent Hill: Homecoming for £15 and thought "why the hell not, I'll see if it's really that bad." It was that bad...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
I recently bought Risen for the Xbox 360; I knew going into it the game wouldn't have much going for it - it's a PC RPG through and through; and a controller doesn't do it justice. The game got poor reviews; with just about everything being criticised. I can tell, just from playing it that the game probably isn't bad for the PC - just to make that clear.

Yet I craved an RPG - I've pretty much played and beaten all the highly rated RPG's for the 360, so I thought why not. It's not that bad to be honest; it has met my low expectations.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
I do it a lot with Console, but I use Gamefly and just rent them. The only games I buy are games I realllly enjoy that might have map packs or other replay value later on.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
If I'm unsure about a game I usually have the good sense to borrow it off a friend first (that way if I do like it I can get my own copy, and if I don't then no harm done).

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
I bought Stormrise...

... I became so angry with it after the first level that I almost felt like one of those people from the Gamefly commercials that punch holes in the wall. I wanted to so badly. Even worse that I got the tutorial's achievement, so now I'm stuck with one achievement out of 50. Not only does it hurt my achievement bar, but dang does it remind me about that crappy game when I see it's name.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Having recently purchased the THQ complete pack, I have probably bought a load of crap games knowingly, but the great ones make it worth it. Hell, most of the crap ones (and great ones) could basically be considered FREE.

leviticusd

Mar 19, 2009
Terminator Salvation video game. I know it's a turd, but I just wanted to shoot at Terminators...didn't really care how bad it was. I did wait for the price to drop first however.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
I actually bought "The Witcher" and "AudioSurf" off of Steam revently just because they were both under $10 (together). AudioSurf I actually kind of like and it's growing on me (like a fungus) while I'm maintaining a love-hate relationship with Witcher.