Do You Ever Buy Games Knowing They'll Be Crap?

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I do it a lot with movies because I love my bad movies. With games I have but not so often. I bought the Dune game for PS2 when I got it dirt cheap because it was rare. I also own Superman 64, Shaq Fu, Batman Gotham Racing and a lot of other terrible games. I'm eyeing a copy of Bubsy 3D at a local second hand store...

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
I got Terminator Salvation yesterday for 3 bucks. The only reason I got it is because it was at Hastings and I had 70 something dollars on it and I spent all but 3.50 of it, so I had to find something that cheap (I hate carrying around gift cards with tiny amounts on them), so I found it and my brother seems to like it for the price.

Crono Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
Gee, Final Fantasy XIII is going to be awesome right? I mean sure, X-2 sucked, XI sucked, XII sucked, Tactics Advance Sucked, Tactics A2 sucked, every single Crystal Chronicles game sucked, Dirge of Cerebus sucked, Advent Children sucked, XII-2 sucked, but this is going to be awesome right?

I went into XIII thinking "Alright, no matter how bad this is, at LEAST it isn't Final Fantasy XII." XIII is the only Final Fantasy game that made me say "You know, I'd rather be playing XII right now." Now I know. The last semi-good game was Final Fantasy X, which I still have many reservations about. All I need to realize is that Square has sucked for a decade. They're not changing.

Although, that "4 Warriors of Light" game looks like it could be fun...

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
No, but I did want to buy a Special edition of Record of Agarest War, due to the fact it came with a pillowcase and a mousepad with a woman on it. With her tits being the wrist cushion.

eylkkyle

Apr 1, 2010
I can't really think of any. I'm incredibly stingy, to the point where I have to push myself to buy something if it's more than $20, even if I know it'll be great fun. For example, I didn't buy Dragon Age until a few weeks ago, and then only because I had some Wal-Mart gift cards I needed to be rid of, even though I love all of Bioware's games and knew I would spend above 100 hours on it within 2 months. So, to get off the tangent I went on, no, I have not bought games I knew were crap.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Conflict denied ops, that killed off the conflict series for me, the fun had on the other conflict games, to end up wasting near full price on that garbage. Minus Denied Ops that series is one of my favourites though.

Verex

May 31, 2010
I only have a DS, so most of the stuff I buy is crap to begin with. If it's real cheap I'll buy it and trade it in for roughly the same value.

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
yeah, I recently picked up dead space for the 360 for 7 bucks at my local EB games. I figured it'll be a quick shooter until I can find a real game. It turned out to be pretty fun. I usually get the game geek's advice in the store before I buy anything less that $15. He told me dead space was like resident evil 4 on crack... in space. sold.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No, but I do buy most games expecting them to be crap and I'm therefore not as disappointed by a game.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I recent bought the Maw and Torchlight just because they were cheap. Didn't expect anything of them. I usually won't pay full price/anything over $10 for a game that I don't expect to be good, because I'm poor and my parents refuse to fund my love for gaming. But yeah, one was cute but boring after a while, the other may as well have been a Diablo game.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Looking for something to play on the Wii(it's been neglected since RDR and War for Cybertron came out, well longer than that really), so I go into Walmart this morning to get a script filled and found Cursed Mountain for $10. I've heard conflicting reports on it's quality, but I figure $10 isn't anything today, so I hope to get at least a few hours out of it.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
pantsoffdanceoff said:
migo said:
pantsoffdanceoff said:
Nope, I cancel my pre-order as soon as it even [i/]looks[/i] like it could be bad... I'm so sorry Persona 3 Portable.
What games do you actually play then? I mean it does look like it has some drawbacks, but the ability to play through with a different protagonist seems quite worthwhile. If you're pulling out on P3P, what games actually meet your very high standards?
Playing as a different character is a great addition, but not when they take out the Anime cutscenes that I so loved in Persona 3, especially the one where Orpheus is summoned. I was going to actually buy a PSP for this game hence why I dropped it far quicker than I would most games. Tons of games meet my standards, Dragon Age did (execept for the fucking Orzrammar quest) the regular Persona 3 and Persona 4 did as well.
I can definitely see how buying a PSP for it would lead to dropping the game. If I were buying an entire system just for one game, particularly a redo of one I'd already played I'd also want it to be perfect. I had assumed that you already had a PSP.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Once or twice, but I have been surprised by some if them, though.

Some were crap and I knew it, some weren't.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
Dark Summit, for PS2. Also, I thought Aggressive Inline would be awful but it was actually really enjoyable.