Do you ever get a kick out of asking "ignorant questions" to tick people off

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Such as you ever go up to a Doctor Who fan and ask, "Isn't Dr. Who just ripping off Bill and Ted with the time traveling phone booth?"

What are some of your favorite question like that, or have you even been asked a question like that made you face palm?

(Hmmmm, I should have said if you are already friendly with said person and are just ribbing them)

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
I wouldn't say anything like that unless the person I'd said it to knew I was joking. That said, it would be quite amusing to go up to a DC comics fan and say "ohh dc comics, that the stuff with spiderman isn't it?".

Some people take comics so seriously it's hard to resist.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Evil Top Hat said:
I wouldn't say anything like that unless the person I'd said it to knew I was joking. That said, it would be quite amusing to go up to a DC comics fan and say "ohh dc comics, that the stuff with spiderman isn't it?".

Some people take comics so seriously it's hard to resist.
Yes, exactly. That kind of stuff. The kind of thing where you can see steam coming out of their ears. The kind of statement that they don't even know where to start with on how it is wrong.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
So, in short, you're asking me if I like to make myself look stupid. Uhhh...

[HEADING=1]NO.[/HEADING]

NEXT QUESTION!

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
No, only when people know that I am joking. Though occasionally people don't realise I'm joking (and tend to assume that the question had more meaning behind it than it actually did, and start answering a different question in expectation of that being my `real' meaning).

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Evil Top Hat said:
That said, it would be quite amusing to go up to a DC comics fan and say "ohh dc comics, that the stuff with spiderman isn't it?".
And then have to sit through an hour long lecture about Marvel and DC crossovers, why crossovers tend to suck, and the varying periods of rivalry and co-operation between Marvel and DC over the years.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
All the time, but only around friends and family. I like to see how long I can maintain the illusion that my brain is medically stupid. Either I'm becoming a good actor, or there's something people aren't telling me.

kloiberin_time

Jan 27, 2011
Why are you interested in my response?

/see what I did there

Yeah. I think a part of me still wishes I were Andy Kaufman or Hunter Thompson. To adapt a character so completely that people have to question who the real you is requires doing so.

Kevonovitch

Apr 15, 2009
yes, yes i do, and i love it when i do it too :D

pretty much answer's to questions are always one of 3 things-face punchingly arrogant (but correct.) headeskingly retarded (but on purpose.) and bland (could be right or wrong, they just didn't make it entertaining, the loser.)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
bdcjacko said:
Such as you ever go up to a Doctor Who fan and ask, "Isn't Dr. Who just ripping off Bill and Ted with the time traveling phone booth?"

What are some of your favorite question like that, or have you even been asked a question like that made you face palm?
I don't tend to try and make people angry for fun, because that would make me a jerk.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
bdcjacko said:

I don't tend to try and make people angry for fun, because that would make me a jerk.
I failed to mention earlier that you know the person you are ripping on, and preferably friends with them (I mean how else do you know they like Dr. Who or would appreciate who Bill and Ted are).

Well you aren't a dude. And part of male bonding is ripping on each other.