Do you get upset if Yahtzee trashes a game you like?

MacJack

Jun 23, 2011
No, i liked witcher 2 and i liked how he disses the pc elitists "NO this is not how we do it, no we are not gonna tell you how we do it, and put on a tie"

Or dissing the excessive quicksaving in pc games ahahahahahha

Have some humor ;)

j1m2s

Jun 7, 2011
lettucethesallad said:
Nope. It's an opinion. Having an opinion is his job. I may not agree with everything he says, but I'll still find it entertaining.
Agreed there. Plus I'm a huge fan of comedy. Everyone gets so uptight about someone making a joke they relate to or something they like. I take every bit of comedy with a grain of salt.

Plus, it's recommended that if Yahtzee is doing a review of a game you like, and you don't want to hear it bashed, you probably shouldn't watch it :p

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
You want to know the funniest part?

Yahtzee's "true" review of a game is when he references it in a completely different review.

See, he might bash the Mass Effect games, but where there's RPG praising to be made, he mentions these as "DO"s, not "DON'T"s.

Costia

Jul 3, 2011
bashing games is his style
if you want to hear a positive review go to gamespot or ign
they can praise any game regardless of its content
its hard to find a review with actual criticism in it these days

zombiekiller1907

May 5, 2011
i have a question. remember his review on kane and lynch dog days? was it rally that bad?
and that review on mindjack: "this game is f*cking, f*cking, f*cking, f*cking, bad, bad, bad, bad. Don't, don't, don't, don't play it."

I haven't played those games yet, because i can't find a copy in our place.

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
Only if he reviews it badly, like playing for an hour then deciding it's awful.
Like Monster Hunter.

I enjoy his reviews, and I like it when he can pick the niggles and problems from a game, he's generally pretty accurate. But sometimes he plays for an hour and says "Yup, this game is awful!!" and then just trashes it for 6 minutes, complaining about stuff that honestly isn't an issue (Like, "I can't skip the cutscenes" and then he gets 100+ comments saying "Yes you can, just press the back button.").

This is fairly rare though. Generally he puts out good reviews. MH:Tri and Witcher 2 weren't really that great though.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I don't think Mr Croshaw has ever trashed a game I've liked. The only game that I've ever really liked that he's reviewed was Portal 1... and he didn't trash that game at all.

The only time I've ever gotten upset at one of his reviews was his Smash Bros Brawl review. And that's because the way he trashed it he didn't actually talk about the game's outward flaws so much as "why he doesn't like fighters". I could go on for hours about how many things pissed me off about that game, and Yahtzee didn't touch on a single one of those problems. I mean, the first Smash Bros game with online capabilities... and they f*cked it up worse than we ever thought possible.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
He didn't trash it... he just pointed out its flaws, which are all completely true. I try not to look at everything through rose-coloured glasses especially when, deep down inside, I know something sucks about it.

OneNooneKnows

Jul 2, 2011
1: It's sorta his job, married with his personal opinion. 2: I don't get distressed if someone else dislikes something I like... I like what I like, that's nobody else's business to tell me otherwise.

May 7, 2008
Doesn't upset me at all there his opinions. Would he be upset if I trashed Shadow of the Colossus or Portal both of which I hated, I very much doubt it because thats the nature of games, music, books and film.

Tinkotin

Feb 28, 2011
First of all It's his opinon
Second of all it's his job
Third of all He's (mostly) right, most games (excluding S0ME) are probably bad compared to some of the older "Golden" games. It's possible that the industry has lowered they're standards but not proven.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
Nope, because I trash some of the games he seems to have good points for. We all have different opinions and it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of Pokemon Black & White (thought his points were valid on some things) to know that some guy on the other side of the world didn't like it.

Suijen

Apr 15, 2009
Our opinions usually intersect, and yeah, I do get a little bit upset. Usually, however, his criticisms can be spot on (ie, Fallout 3 and bugs, Condemned)

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
I don't get mad at him trashing the game... hell, I normally even find it funny. However, the absolutely moronic comments thanking him for helping them "avoid a shitty game" are what make me mad when he trashes a game I like. The Demons Souls review is a perfect example: I laughed at his review since he was able to tell the experience every new slayer of demons has in a very humor, funny way. I loved the review because I played Demons Souls, and knew exactly what he was feeling since that's how almost everyone reacts to the game as a noob. It was hilarious, I thought.

But then I read the comments, and saw people call Demons Souls shitty just because of what Yahtzee said (saying how they thought about buying it, and now weren't going to), and thank him how they'd never have to play the game because of him, and totally extrapolate what he said to call the game shitty. I was honestly mad over it: Demons Souls is probably one of the single greatest RPG of this generation, and without a doubt one of the most incredibly atmosphere gaming experiences you can have, and to see people refuse to play it because of Yahtzee honestly made me rage. It's horrible: these people were cheating themselves out of one of the single greatest gaming experiences this generation just because of some guy on the internet.