Do you have a problem urinating near other people?

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
A rather simple question, really. I still to this day have a very hard time using a urinal. I guess you can call it "stage-fright".

But anyway, how do you handle urinating near other people? Are you fine with it and just use the urinal, or are you like me and immediately head to the stall?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I immediately head for a stall.
Then again, girl's bathrooms don't tend to have urinals.
Also, my lack of a penis is a bit of a hindrance.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
If there's an empty cabin, it's save to say I'd prefer that.

Simple rule: If I have to piss, I have to piss. I don't need someone standing next to me for companionship.

It's not so much of "is the guy next to me staring at my penis?", it's more a "this is a private situation for me as most of the times I urinate I'm alone".

I wouldn't accept someone peeing in my bathroom at the same time, why would I need to cope with that if there's an alternative?

mfG diebane

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I usually head for a stall. It also gives me the privacy to move my junk into a spot where i'm not noticeable down there after. Don't get that kind of freedom at a urinal.

However, when drunk, rules change. 10 of us in a line, all pissing, all told not to look left or right until we'd all announced we were safe. I admit it was a little over the top, but it worked :p

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
i cant even use a public toilet to pee on my own (unless its a hospital or hotel).
so no.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
I really dont care at all. I piss and move on with my life. Though I do understand why some people can get stage fright

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I do not like using urinals.
They're really convenient, but I just can't pee if there's someone there.
Sadly, bathrooms at school tend to be especially crowded whenever I have to pee.
I bet it's a conspiracy. <.<

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
I head for a stall. Seriously, private business is privates business, no matter how small they are.

... oh God damn it.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
My God, yes. I have a hard time peeing with other people around, I don't know why its not like I feel like they're looking at my dick or anything I just don't know why.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
It depends, sometimes it's fine. Sometimes I have more practical reasons not to use a urinal, like having a bag or coat with me. Go to a stall and hang that shit up.

I never use a urinal if someone I know is in the bathroom. Nothing more awkward than the classmate you have a crush on walking up to the other urinal. Actually, there was that one time I went into the bathroom and two of my professors (Orgo and Physics) were at the urinals, and one of them (Physics) was trying to make conversation. Who does that?

I'm a lot better at it with a couple drinks in me though, especially because it makes me have to piss like a racehorse.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I usually just use a urinal. I mean a stall is fine and all, but usually public bathrooms aren't cleaned very well, and I prefer the urinals because no one has taken a shit in it and forgotten to flush. Urinals are nice because you don't have to touch anything. Don't really have stage fright, or care about the possibility of someone looking at my penis. My penis and I have nothing to be ashamed of, so if someone wants to look I don't really give a shit.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Aside from the usual caution of having strangers nearby when I'm preoccupied, I don't have a problem with pissing in a urinal beside someone.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
No problem at all for me.

I just think convenience is too good to give up. Plus I don't like sitting on public toilets, and I don't like peeing in a proper toilet standing up. So I have no other choice.

Keith Reedy

Jan 10, 2011
I really don't care. I grew up peeing off the porch of my parents house I just don't care. I can piss on a fellow's shoe and not bat an eye. I've never given it this much thought though.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Nice to see I'm not the only person who chooses the stalls over urinals.

I only go urinals when all of the stalls are occupied or dirty (seriously, people, it's not hard to flush), and usually I don't mind peeing close to others.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Please. I don't even have problems urinating ON other people.

What I pee on belongs to me!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Dags90 said:
Actually, there was that one time I went into the bathroom and two of my professors (Orgo and Physics) were at the urinals, and one of them (Physics) was trying to make conversation. Who does that?
Oh man, I hate it when people try to do that. An offhanded comment that you don't expect a response to is pushing it. Trying to make conversation, unless all parties involved are drunk, is a serious no-no.

OT: I don't have a problem actually urinating with someone standing next to me. However, if enough urinals are taken that I would have to stand immediately next to someone to pee, I'll try to take a stall, or barring that, wait a little bit in the hopes that someone will get done and I can take their place. I only stand right next to someone if A.) it's the only choice, and B.) the line is either a mile long, or I've got to go so bad that I can't hold it much longer.

#4.
Standing Next to Someone at a Urinal

Notice I said "standing," and not "peeing." That's because, for the socially awkward male, this is the thought process that accompanies every trip to the urinal:

*Oh, good, there's no one else here. This'll be easy. In and out.

*You settle yourself in front of a urinal.

*The door to the restroom opens abruptly. The sound and implication that you are no longer alone startles you.

*You feel cold.

*You pray that the new occupant opts for a stall instead, because-

*Oh, shit, he didn't.

*Okay, this is fine. Stare straight ahead and just go. Just go. I really have to go, this shouldn't be a problem.

*He starts peeing. In the otherwise silent bathroom, his proud and confident stream does nothing but highlight the fact that you clearly haven't been peeing.

*He can hear. He can hear you not peeing right now. He knows.

*Don't think about that, just focus on peeing and all-

*"What's up, Man?"

*How have guys who talk in the bathroom not been shunned out of society?!

*"N-nothing, man." Just peeing, is all.

*"Oh, yeah. Chillin' chillin?"

*This conversation should be illegal.

*"Yes, I am chilling chilling."

*"No doubt. Crazy weather," he says, and he continues to chat, because you are the only one in the world who doesn't know how to talk and pee and stand next to another human at the same time. The only one in the world.

*Giving up, you pretend to shake away make believe urine, and maybe you even say "That sure was a good urine session," to really drive your ruse home, and then you make your exit. It is the toilet equivalent of faking an orgasm.

--

The only thing worse than not being able to pee in front of someone is knowing that they know. You know they're thinking about it, because there's very little else to do in a public restroom but evaluate your surroundings. It's already weird, but to the awkward, there's something extra bizarre about two guys standing next to each other at urinals. The awkward man knows that, at any moment, either one of them can say "Hey, I just realized that we are coworkers who rarely see each other outside of work and, at this moment, we are standing eight inches away from each other with our penises in our hands. Just figured I'd point that out in case it wasn't the only thing you could possibly think about under these circumstances." You never pull back at a urinal and think It's weird that it's socially acceptable for me to have a conversation wherein sometimes I look at you, and sometimes I look at my dick, but the socially awkward man thinks of absolutely nothing else.
Source: [link]http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-terrible-situations-socially-awkward-man/#ixzz1cyqUTzB0[/link]

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
diebane said:
mfG diebane
This is really unnecessary, we can all see your username anyway.

OT: I don't use public bathrooms often, but I mostly just try to get in and out quickly and pretend no one else is there.