Do you have any games you've never played?

Mr0llivand3r

Aug 10, 2008
Arcane Azmadi said:
Sadly (and disturbingly) I have DOZENS of games I've bought and never played. A lot of them are games I buy, play the opening few minutes of just to get a feel for what the game is like, then put away to play properly "later" when I have time, only to realize months or years later that I STILL haven't got around to it. And then there are the games where I haven't even got that far. The reason I don't play a lot of them is I never get around to beating their predecessor being installments I haven't worked my way through yet. A lot of them are games where I'm already playing too many other games of the same genre at the same time and want to clear my palette a bit before starting them. And some I simply don't have the english language patch for yet.

And I'm not exaggerating- I do mean DOZENS of games. It's because I leap at the chance to buy a game if there's any possibility I might not be able to get it if I miss the chance (I find that if I pass up a game at the first opportunity, I regularly won't ever get another chance to buy it). You want a complete list? OK, but this is gonna freak you out:

[....]

Ugh, now I feel depressed at what a fucking freak I am.

uhh... why don't you just sell them all back and get money? or sell them on ebay? or give them away?
or better yet why did you buy them in the first place?

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
STALKER and Fable 2. Though I don't regret buying them, they just sit on my shelf gathering dust.

Quit0

Jan 28, 2009
diddy kong racing for the 64....I think its actually in my 64 but I have never turned it on to play it, lol I got close tho...or atleast someone in my family did.

sicDaniel

Mar 30, 2008
Okay I misunderstood the OP. Nevermind. Bought a game and completely ignored it? Never happened to me, though I got some Xbox games back then which I only played for an hour and never touched again: Project Zero 2, The Suffering, FIFA Street... my brother played the Suffering and I watched him.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
I don't mean do you have any games you've only played for five minutes. Or games you've banished to the dingiest corners of your closet for being so goddamn bad. I mean a game you've picked up, took home, placed on your shelf of choice and ignored ever since.

I don't mean games that came with the console either. No one's going to blame you for not firing up that copy of UNO your 360 came with.

Because of my Magpie like nature when it comes to games. I'm a proud owner of a copy of Lost Planet, collectors edition, complete with swanky art book and soundtrack cd, that has never actually entered my fucking xbox. It just sits there and reminds me what a wasteful slob I actually am.
No. I actually can't allow myself to waste stuff like that. Fuck, I even played Kane and Lynch.

Also, why haven't you played Lost Planet? That game be tons of fun.

Adair_the_Skull

Dec 10, 2008
Sims, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon, course they are not games. They are a wast of time and I don't see how anyone can feel any sort of accomplishment from "playing" any of them. I would rather play Lemonade Stand, from back in the day, than run those time wasting programs.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Actually, yeah.

For my birthday a few years ago, I went and got a bunch of shit in a bargain bin and half of the games I never even tried.

One of them is like.. "Sudden Strike Gold" and it has 3 games in 1 box.
One of them is "Trickstyle" which looks like SSX tricky in the future on hoverboards...except it "requires direct x! and a pentium 200 mhz processor" so I haven't booted up my old machine to play it on. (it wouldn't install on xp)

There were a couple other games I forgot about there.

Also, Deus Ex Invisible War...I have it, I tried it at a -friend's house- for 5 minutes, does that count? (I bought it, let him borrow it, and I saw it in action for the first time at his house). It's terrible.

Hmm...

Rainbow Six 3...

Can't think of anything else I have that I never played.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Uh... I'm actually gonna have to check, cause there's quite a few.

Xbox 360
- Fallout 3

Playstation 2
- Onimusha 1 and 3
- Silent Hill 2
- Persona 4
- Metal Gear 2 and 3

Gamecube
- Tales of Symphonia
- Killer 7
- Resident Evil 2
- Resident Evil 3

Hmmm... guess that's it. I thought there'd be more, but those are ones that I have to finish, but have already started. I just haven't had the time. Regardless, I buy every game with full intentions of playing through them. I guess I just like making sure I have it on my shelf when that time comes.

And this is why I hate when people are like "There's like, no games out. Blah... blah blah..." What're you talking about?! There's ENOUGH, okay?

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
I recently downloaded a few Mario RPGs off Virtual Console. Haven't gotten round to playing them yet.

TheTemby

May 29, 2008
Dark Messiah of might and magic (PC)
I installed it, i tried to run it, it would not run, i upgraded my computer, it did not run...so now i just let it sit there and catch dust

JaguarWong

Jun 5, 2008
God of War II and Little Big Planet still in their cellophane.

Also have Twilight Princess which I used for the hack and have never bothered with.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
JaguarWong said:

Also have Twilight Princess which I used for the hack and have never bothered with.
Points for honesty.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Arcane Azmadi said:
Sadly (and disturbingly) I have DOZENS of games I've bought and never played. You want a complete list? OK, but this is gonna freak you out:

Sacrifice
Wizardry VIII
System Shock 2
Half Life 2+Episode 1+Episode 2
Spell Force: Shadow of the Phoenix
Grim Fandango
F.E.A.R
X3: Reunion
Beyond Good and Evil
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Homeworld 2
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
Thief II: The Metal Age
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Vandal Hearts
Star Ocean 2
Thousand Arms
Final Fantasy V (bought Final Fantasy Anthologies and only played FFIV)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX; I DID play Twin Snakes on Gamecube for a bit)
Romancing SaGa
Stella Deus: the Gate of Eternity
.HACK//Quarantine & Outbreak (never beat Mutation and it's a continuing series)
Steambot Chronicles
Jade Cocoon 2
Megaman X Command Mission
Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria
Final Fantasy XII
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless army
Jak 3
Oni
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Dynasty Tactics 2
Samurai Warriors 2: Empires
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
Psychonauts
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters XI
King of Fighters 2003
Project Zero (Fatal Frame in America)
Project Zero 3: The Tormented
Headhunter
Saishu Heiki Kanoujo: She, the Ultimate Weapon
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful life
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Metroid Prime Hunters
Lock's Quest
Tales of Phantasia
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (GBA)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (& Special Fan Disk)
MuvLuv collection
AIR
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

Impressed. You're going to need a few weeks off work to get through that lot.

My list now seems small.
Banjo Kazooie
TLOZ: Majora's Mask
Beyond Good and Evil
PoP:Two Thrones
Forbidden Siren
Fallout 3. - But that's going to happen when BioShock's done.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
The only game that I have ever bought and not played was Titan Quest for the PC, and the only reason I didn't play it was because I was stupid and didn't look at the system requirements before buying the game.

JaguarWong

Jun 5, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
JaguarWong said:

Points for honesty.
I still fully intend to play LBP and GoW2, Zelda not so much - never been a fan.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Mr0llivand3r said:
Arcane Azmadi said:
Sadly (and disturbingly) I have DOZENS of games I've bought and never played. A lot of them are games I buy, play the opening few minutes of just to get a feel for what the game is like, then put away to play properly "later" when I have time, only to realize months or years later that I STILL haven't got around to it. And then there are the games where I haven't even got that far. The reason I don't play a lot of them is I never get around to beating their predecessor being installments I haven't worked my way through yet. A lot of them are games where I'm already playing too many other games of the same genre at the same time and want to clear my palette a bit before starting them. And some I simply don't have the english language patch for yet.

And I'm not exaggerating- I do mean DOZENS of games. It's because I leap at the chance to buy a game if there's any possibility I might not be able to get it if I miss the chance (I find that if I pass up a game at the first opportunity, I regularly won't ever get another chance to buy it). You want a complete list? OK, but this is gonna freak you out:

[....]

uhh... why don't you just sell them all back and get money? or sell them on ebay? or give them away?
or better yet why did you buy them in the first place?
I wouldn't get rid of them because, I may not have made this point clear in my original post, I DO intend to play every last one of them. Eventually. No, seriously. Getting into online games caused me a lot of trouble, since it meant I could spend hours every day playing a game without actually accomplishing anything towards getting through my collection- before I had a game-worthy internet connection I actually got through them at a reasonable pace. Actually, I forgot a few:

Guardian's Crusade
The Granstream Saga
Vampire Hunter D
Exodus Guilty: Chapter 1 (I have an excuse, I loaned it to a friend a few years back and he never returned it)

If my list of games I've never played scares you, you're lucky I didn't list all the games I HAVE played at least a bit and actually count myself as "playing" but have never beaten. It's about the same length as the other list.

klarax

Mar 24, 2008
I have Oblivion still in the wrapper on my shelf.

Almost did the same for Fallout 3, but ended up paying that till i got all the trophies too.
lol 100+ hrs :p

Needless to say, i will now try Oblivion when i get time.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
Good thing I "searched", I was about to make a thread just like this.. Let me see on my shelf are games I've never even taken out of the shrink wrap and I'm looking right now at:

"Persona 4"
"Mortal Kombat: Deception"
"Jade Empire"
"Project Eden"
"Resident Evil Zero"
"Spyhunter 2"
"Sukikoden Tactics"
"Sukikoden 3"
"Summoner"
"Summoner 2"
"Zenosaga 2"
"Zeonsaga 3"
"Final Fantasy X2"
"Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles"
"Metal Gear Solid 3"
"Mark of Kry"
"Rhapsody"
"Alien vs. Predator 2"
"Black and White: Creature Isle"
"colony Wars 2"
"Colony Wars 3"
"Dark Planet"
"Baludter's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal"

There are more, but I at least unwrapped them and put them in my CD tray but don't want to open it up and thumb through it... I wonder if I'm the champ here?