Do you have any question for Pakistanis?

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
I am a relative newcomer on these forums and have posted on a few threads and seen a few more. I noticed that there aren't many Pakistanis here and also noticed a thread about questions for Australians and Americans so I thought I would make one for Pakistan. Keep in mind that I am from the city of Karachi and don't know much about the villages in Pakistan.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Assalam 'alaykum! Welcome to the escapist!

So how big is the gaming culture amongst the youth of Pakistan?

Is there much censorship in content? Do your elders approve of gaming to the extent where one might identify as a gamer?

You're right, we don't get many Middle Eastern/Asian visitors to the site, nice to know the communtiy may find yet another corner of the world to call home...

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Arif_Sohaib said:
I noticed that there aren't many Pakistanis here....
you're right. There are only a few. Like me. =3
Raven said:
So how big is the gaming culture amongst the youth of Pakistan?

Is there much censorship in content? Do your elders approve of gaming to the extent where one might identify as a gamer?
Oh the culture is very big. But mainly focused on multiplayer titles like Modern Warfare and the likes.

There's little to no censorship unfortunately. And while the elders will sometime disapprove of it, we're allowed to play. As long as we don't go nuts and do it 24/7.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Count Igor said:
Is Paki actually offensive to you?
Not at all. In actuality, it means Pure. So, it really depends on the listener.
imnotparanoid said:
Do you have jelly?
-_-' Of course.
Eumersian said:
How's the weather today? Good? Damn freezing where I am.
Yeah well. It's peanuts compared to yours. =3

Liiizard

Feb 5, 2010
You know, it's funny. I'm posting this clandestinely from work. My boss is Pakistani, though he's lived in America since he was a kid. He also happens to be the best salesperson I've ever met, and his favorite two music genres are country and rap. Interesting guy.

Anyway, my question is: what's the most-used console there? I would assume it's PS2, since you can use it as a DVD player and CD player, and since it's relatively cheap now. Or is PC gaming bigger there? How flagrant is piracy?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Musclepunch said:
Not in a racist way, how come so many of you move to england
'cause the job opportunities here suck. I can vouch for that.
Mr.K. said:
I heard you guys can divide by zero, is this true?
Please don't go 4chan on us.
Liiizard said:
Anyway, my question is: what's the most-used console there? I would assume it's PS2, since you can use it as a DVD player and CD player, and since it's relatively cheap now. Or is PC gaming bigger there? How flagrant is piracy?
You assumed correct. PS2 is highly popular. Although the 360 is gaining ground fast. And the piracy is every where. Kinda sad.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Eumersian said:
mParadox said:
Are you taking over this thread?
*cackles manically* Yep. *thunder and lightning*
imnotparanoid said:
Silly. *pats head*
Bobic said:
Mathematics rule boyo. Anything raised to the power of 0 goes to 1. Although, in the case of 0, the case is non-existent so we based on assumption take the 1 since that seems conventional.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
mParadox said:
Mathematics rule boyo. Anything raised to the power of 0 goes to 1. Although, in the case of 0, the case is non-existent so we based on assumption take the 1 since that seems conventional.
Wow we are complete opposites.
Maths and jelly facts.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
mParadox said:
Bobic said:
What does 0 to the power of 0 equal? Show your working.
It's an indeterminate form. That said, it means 1.
Fun fact, 0[sup]0[/sup] is actually undefined.

I don't remember much about what I learned in calc, but I do remember that.

EDIT: After checking my notes, it is, instead, indetermined.