Do you have any question for Pakistanis?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Woodsey said:
Unfortunately? You would prefer more censorship to be implemented?

Mouse_Crouse said:
It amazes me that this thread has gotten this far without anyone asking the obvious question.

Where the heck is Osama?
There's always one.
Heh. Well just a bit. A kid can come in and buy Duke Nukem and no one would ask. o_O

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Actually, do you know what the difference is between a real Indian Curry and the muck we eat?
But... Pakistan and India are two different countries!

mParadox said:
Woodsey said:
Unfortunately? You would prefer more censorship to be implemented?

Mouse_Crouse said:
It amazes me that this thread has gotten this far without anyone asking the obvious question.

Where the heck is Osama?
There's always one.
Heh. Well just a bit. A kid can come in and buy Duke Nukem and no one would ask. o_O
Oh, that type of censorship xD I thought you meant Germany style where they ban stuff, not just ratings.

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
ryai458 said:
Ummm hmmm, why do you guys hate indians so much, and why won't you let us bomb stuff in your country?
Would you let them bomb stuff in your country?

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
With the assassination of Minority Minister Bhaati, and earlier Governor Taseer (excuse my spelling of these names) it actually seems that the danger of religious extremism is pretty existant there. BBC reported that the Bodyguard of Governor Taseer who killed him was hailed by some as a Hero. Is this common?

In a similar vein, are you Muslim? If not, are you afraid of expressing your religious views because of the Death Penalty for Blasphemy? If So, what are your opinions of those who are of different theological backgrounds? Do they deserve to be treated the way they are?

Lastly, how often are people's lives effected by this infamous law?

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I was told there is stuff in her car that i should get into the house, then she left. Shall i just bring it all in risking to have carrying half of it out to the car again, or should i wait and try to reason with a woman that hasnt given me enough information for the task.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
What is your current stance on the events going on in Egypt and Libya, and what is the most common stance found in Pakistan.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Actually, do you know what the difference is between a real Indian Curry and the muck we eat? And why is what we think of as a Dhansak (Pineapple based Lentil Gloop) so different from the dry vegetable Indian version?

Also, what are your opinions on the Pakistani Youth Culture in the UK?
Indian/Pakistani curry is spicier. A whole lot and yummier. Just saying.

The Dhansak you eat contains pineapples as a sweetner whereas the original recipe is all out meat.

And the youth culture? Must be doing it right otherwise they'd be on the news.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Do Pakistan and India really hate each other as much as it seems? (Ive heard that both nations have the bulk of thier nuclear weapons pointed at each other)

What is the big deal with the Kashmir region, have you ever been there, and if so what is it like?
(My great grandfather was born there, so Im curious)

Laurie Barnes

May 19, 2010
If North Korea invades The USA and my land of Canada is no longer safe, can I come live with you guys in Pakistan?

I ask because I'm not sure if Canada is seen in a different light than America on the global stage.

Will I be acknowledged as a non-american, or vilified as an American?

(Im operating under the assumption that Americans are not popular any where in the world, least of all the Middle East.)

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
ryai458 said:
T0RD said:
ryai458 said:
Ummm hmmm, why do you guys hate indians so much, and why won't you let us bomb stuff in your country?
If it was to kill a common enemy yes.
Understandably American (or Allied if you will) air strikes have a bad reputation in conflict areas, because they tend to hit civilians as well (or just civs).

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Is there a lot of violence in the country? The last thing i heard about Pakistani politics was that your army was fighting those militant extremists in the north and there was a couple of bombings that killed lots of people.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Zechnophobe said:
snippity snip
I am Muslim. and I'm seriously saddened by the state of affairs. The death of those two was truly a tragic loss. That murderer should not be called a hero but instead should be arrested and tried for life.
TeeBs said:
What is your current stance on the events going on in Egypt and Libya, and what is the most common stance found in Pakistan.
WE WANT A REVOLUTION! Well that's the common stance. Thing is, we don't need one. We're just jumping the band wagon here.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Don't you find it a bit rude to just hijack someone else's thread?

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
How does Pakistan treat foreigners?

I know the west can demonise the middle east / parts of Asia (though arguably it's more about the Muslim faith than the people) yet i often see this image of a white guy stuck in a middle eastern country and everybody is cool about it without any real racism, like in an episode of American Dad called "Stan in Arabia".

I guess i'm asking this because i know white westerners can be hostile towards middle easterners (immigrants and non-immigrants) and i wondered how it is with the roles reversed.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
T0RD said:
ryai458 said:
T0RD said:
ryai458 said:
If it was to kill a common enemy yes.
Understandably American (or Allied if you will) air strikes have a bad reputation in conflict areas, because they tend to hit civilians as well (or just civs).
"Tend to" not quite but since they happen very infrequently and are blown (no pun intended) way out of proportion they seem more frequent then they are, and its not our fault that they are fighting in civilian locations, they should be a man and meet us in a field.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Lyri said:
Don't you find it a bit rude to just hijack someone else's thread?
A little. But hey, he's not answering.
ChaoticKraus said:
Is there a lot of violence in the country? The last thing i heard about Pakistani politics was that your army was fighting those militant extremists in the north and there was a couple of bombings that killed lots of people.
*sighs* Yeah. =(
DavidTanis said:
Have you read the graphic novel Pakistan?
Nopes. Why?
Laurie Barnes said:
If North Korea invades The USA and my land of Canada is no longer safe, can I come live with you guys in Pakistan?

I ask because I'm not sure if Canada is seen in a different light than America on the global stage.

Will I be acknowledged as a non-american, or vilified as an American?

(Im operating under the assumption that Americans are not popular any where in the world, least of all the Middle East.)
As a rule, we love anyone save for Americans. Well that's the extremist view. Over all, you'll be accepted here whole heartedly. =3

Feb 13, 2008
mParadox said:
Indian/Pakistani curry is spicier. A whole lot and yummier. Just saying.

The Dhansak you eat contains pineapples as a sweetner whereas the original recipe is all out meat.

And the youth culture? Must be doing it right otherwise they'd be on the news.
With you on the food, but the Youth Culture does seem to be extremely aggressive in some of their rituals. Things that other groups would try and clamp down upon, like the posturing. Most racial groups seem to have seen an increase in youth violence and gang posturing over the past decades; is it all inflated by the media?

Also, on language; Gujarati/Hindi sounds very aggressive to our ears, how would you rank English to yours, and what languages do you find difficulty in hearing? (I'm thinking Scots would be tough)

And something I'd really like to know, what's Pakistan's view on what happened in the Second World War; because every country I know has a differing opinion. (Apart from Adolf being a bad guy...most agree on that ;))