Do you have any question for Pakistanis?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Also, on language; Gujarati/Hindi sounds very aggressive to our ears, how would you rank English to yours, and what languages do you find difficulty in hearing? (I'm thinking Scots would be tough)

And something I'd really like to know, what's Pakistan's view on what happened in the Second World War; because every country I know has a differing opinion. (Apart from Adolf being a bad guy...most agree on that ;))
Urdu is a hybrid really. Hindi's the god-father of Urdu so to speak. In effect, it's a beautiful language, you just need to learn the prose of it. =3

And being able to speak English is a sign of higher education.

And the WW2? Yeah... we were never compensated for it. Winston Churchill was very unkind to India. Causing a famine, killing lots of innocent people.

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
ryai458 said:
"Tend to" not quite but since they happen very infrequently and are blown (no pun intended) way out of proportion they seem more frequent then they are, and its not our fault that they are fighting in civilian locations, they should be a man and meet us in a field.
The fact that it happens at all is enough to warrant an end to that kind of bombing. Civilians should not be killed in war, even if the enemy hides amongst them.
To the whole meet you on the field: Yeah, small groups of guerilla soldiers should take on the best armies in the world in the open. Surely they will win and survive that.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
gibboss28 said:
Whats the music scene like over there? Anything you'd recommend?
Oh lovely moosic. Lovely it all be....

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
how much resentment does the average Pakistani have for America? same question, but about Americans?

and does that resentment stem mostly from American interference in your country, or is there more to it than that?

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
This has been crudely asked a couple times, and I'm sorry if this is offensive in any way, but I was running a debate case centered around Pakistani-Indian relations a couple years back, and this has been on my mind since. What was your response to the Mumbai Attacks back in '08, specifically the allegations laid down by the Indian government that the Pakistani government ordered them? I've heard official reports and all that jazz from the governmental side, but I've always been curious as to how the people themselves reacted. Another thing: Were you worried about all the talk between India and Pakistan about shows of force and possible nuclear war in the wake of Mumbai, or did you see it as all bark and no bite, as it turned out to be? I don't know how sensitive this is, so I apologize if it's not an appropriate topic of discussion, I've just been curious ever since I started studying the Mumbai attack and its effect on the region.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Jamboxdotcom said:
and does that resentment stem mostly from American interference in your country, or is there more to it than that?
From the interference. Especially the latest Raymond Davis episode. Not helping.

Optional Opinion

Dec 29, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
mParadox said:
imnotparanoid said:
Do you have jelly?
-_-' Of course./quote]
I always thought of it as a more americanybritanyaustraliany thing :L
Shows what I know.
American jelly is different to British jelly.

A bit like pants, we call trousers trousers Americans call them pants.

British say peanut butter and jam sandwich

Americans say peanut butter and jelly.

Jelly (British) = Jello (American) | Jam (British) = Jelly (American)

I don't know about Australians

That's to the best of my knowledge anyway.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
T0RD said:
ryai458 said:
"Tend to" not quite but since they happen very infrequently and are blown (no pun intended) way out of proportion they seem more frequent then they are, and its not our fault that they are fighting in civilian locations, they should be a man and meet us in a field.
The fact that it happens at all is enough to warrant an end to that kind of bombing. Civilians should not be killed in war, even if the enemy hides amongst them.
To the whole meet you on the field: Yeah, small groups of guerilla soldiers should take on the best armies in the world in the open. Surely they will win and survive that.
Civilians have been killed in war for centuries, have you ever heard of a concept called total war? The second thing I was joking they can keep scurrying around in the rocks and mud and we will keep dropping high explosives on their ass.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
TheMaddestHatter said:
Mumbai snip
Good question. We all were scared. It seemed like the last straw. It didn't help that just a few months later a hotel of ours was burnt down.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Optional Opinion said:
imnotparanoid said:
mParadox said:
imnotparanoid said:
Do you have jelly?
-_-' Of course./quote]
I always thought of it as a more americanybritanyaustraliany thing :L
Shows what I know.
American jelly is different to British jelly.

A bit like pants, we call trousers trousers Americans call them pants.

British say peanut butter and jam sandwich

Americans say peanut butter and jelly.

Jelly (British) = Jello (American) | Jam (British) = Jelly (American)

I don't know about Australians

That's to the best of my knowledge anyway.
Oh I forgot about that...

You silly yanks!
[small]Jokes[/small]

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
mParadox said:
rokkolpo said:
How's the scenery?

Landscape and such.
(Pictures if you have them)

Want more?
Ooh, yes please.

That looks way better than I expected it to look. (I expected sand)
Ignorant me.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Ooh, here's one.

What kinds of cultures have become more melded into the Pakistani culture in general? Much like Mexican culture and becoming far more integrated into the U.S. nowadays, what other kinds of "cultural bleeding" have moved into Pakistan?

Nvv

Sep 28, 2009
ryai458 said:
Civilians have been killed in war for centuries, have you ever heard of a concept called total war? The second thing I was joking they can keep scurrying around in the rocks and mud and we will keep dropping high explosives on their ass.
The fact that it's happened before does not justify it, especially with the accuracy of modern weapons in mind. And the wars in the Middle-East can hardly be called total war.
I think we arrive at an impasse, lets agree to disagree.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
mParadox said:
Good question. We all were scared. It seemed like the last straw. It didn't help that just a few months later a hotel of ours was burnt down.
1. The pictures in your last post? Awesome.

2. So, this is kind of a follow-up question: How does all this "shadow government" business that many Western Nations(particularly my own home sweet home of America) throw around get handled over there? I've heard so many allegations from government-sponsored assassinations and terrorism to arming dissidents and rebel tribes in other countries like Afghanistan that the sheer volume of it just seems to discredit itself. Like, I don't believe one country of that size and strength of Pakistan could actually do all that as long as they say it has and stay afloat, so I'm pretty much filing most of those reports under "bollocks". Are the allegations treated as a very serious matter in Pakistani civilian, or is it handled in the same way we treat Iran calling us a "Zionist regime", just sort of laughing it off on a civilian level?

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
I'm thanking the powers that (dont) be that nobody has asked you a poor taste tech support question...
having said that,meet Foamy the Squirrel.
he has issues.
http://www.illwillpress.com/tech5522YT.html

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Eumersian said:
Ooh, here's one.

What kinds of cultures have become more melded into the Pakistani culture in general? Much like Mexican culture and becoming far more integrated into the U.S. nowadays, what other kinds of "cultural bleeding" have moved into Pakistan?
Well in general the Western culture is. Partying, dating so on and so forth. And Japan. can't forget Japan with it's Naruto and Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist. >__>