Do You Like Anime? Write for The Escapist!

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
So, I take it that there has been no official word on the subject since shortly after the submission deadline was reached?

This makes me sad.

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
My 10$ theoretical internet money is on August 12, 2010

Also, I really hope Silva is wrong. I kinda like writing, and I'd hate to think that I was so bad that they would rather not hire anyone than hire me.

ZenchiZero

Jan 29, 2010
Has anyone contacted John, asking for information, or have we all been waiting for something to happen?

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
I messaged him. He said they planned on having their decision made in the next week or so, but that was in March. Someone else's turn to bug His Funkiness.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
I also contacted Funk a while back, but my response was as follows:

"Still working on it.

It's very low priority given the other stuff we have to deal with, sorry."

I say we just give the man his breathing room, he hasn't forgotten. And if he has... Then one of these days he'll go through his inbox and go "Ahh... Christ, I have to decide on this." and we'll be set. =]

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
I have a plan! A masterful plan!

We start our OWN site, where we can ALL do reviews! Yeah! And it'll be wildly unpopular and disorganized! And then we can all come back to the Escapist a few weeks later and be like "Ok...we've had enough of this crazy competition. We are willing to let you buy us out, but we demand you keep our anime-reviewers on staff."

It is the perfect plan! Or is that just the liquor talking...

I think I need to lie down...

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
I still have faith in the system. We have not been forgotten. The powers that be simply want to make sure they make the right decision. I'm sure of it. Positive. I swear.

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
Come, join me in prayer, that one day two of us shall be lifted up to the heights of writing greatness. To a land where anime shows up on your doorstep. Be it a mature massacre or moe mayhem, we will take the challenge, and spread the word, be it great or gods-aweful. We must have faith that the day will come.

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
Triggerhappy938 said:
Come, join me in prayer, that one day two of us shall be lifted up to the heights of writing greatness. To a land where anime shows up on your doorstep. Be it a mature massacre or moe mayhem, we will take the challenge, and spread the word, be it great or gods-aweful. We must have faith that the day will come.
Priest: May the anime be with you.

Congregation: And also with you.

All: Amen.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Back in January I told some of my friends I might have a chance to review anime and get free DVD's.

5 months later, still telling them no results are in.