Do You Like Anime? Write for The Escapist!

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
Well, how long ago was it that someone contacted him, cause if it's been a month or two I would honestly say maybe shoot him a quick email or something by the end of this month.I don't think that would be too unreasonable of us. I suppose since I'm saying it I might as well be the one to do it. I suppose if it were different people -- and thus something more and more people are concerned about -- doing it he might give it a little more attention.

EDIT: Done! I warned him that we are forming a religious movement, and also asked about the possibility of the reviewer having a pope...

I may have scared him...

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
Uhmm, im not too sure if this is relivant, but... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/reviews/

the bottom row of thumbnails... yeah, those are all anime reviews...

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
tomany2 said:
Uhmm, im not too sure if this is relivant, but... http://www.escapistmagazine.com/reviews/

Not relevant. Those reviews are done by people who already review. We're trying to begin reviewing via this contest, which has likely been forgotten.

I'm just kinda pissed because they had that comic contest and those have been judged. Why are we getting left behind?

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:

Not relevant. Those reviews are done by people who already review. We're trying to begin reviewing via this contest, which has likely been forgotten.

I'm just kinda pissed because they had that comic contest and those have been judged. Why are we getting left behind?
dont know mate, dont know... but i would love to write for this, too bad im in canada, i watch ALOT of anime...

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
tomany2 said:
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:

dont know mate, dont know... but i would love to write for this, too bad im in canada, i watch ALOT of anime...
Also for the record, Mio is cooler than Yui.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
I'm not American, but damn, me an a friend are proper into anime, and we love both Death Note and Ouran (havent heard of the others though). In fact, we were thinking of reviewing anime anyways, and whacking our collosal timewasters onto youtube :p

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
I may do this.. I could very easily write a review on Deathnote and Ouran but the problem being I'm not as avid of an anime fan as I am a gamer. I don't watch nearly as much as some others may do.

N. Pixie

May 19, 2010
That's a massive shame because I would have been thrilled to have done that review, particularly on Death Note. I've read the books, seen the films, read the manga and watched the anime in English and Japanese; plus I'm nearly 19. Only problem is I wasn't born in the US ¬¬ that and I'm just a little under 4 months late...

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
Konaerix said:
I would....but i dont like any of the series on that list. sorry.
Why would you have to LIKE the shows on that list to properly review them? They are looking for an anime reviewer, not someone who is going to jerk-off to every anime they watch. I think your dislike of them would make you better candidate than most.

Not that it matters at this point in time; just wanted to make a point I suppose.

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:

i do agree, but every single pic of mio, when shrunk looked pretty bad

Triggerhappy938

Dec 10, 2007
I think I may have something that will help explain the delay. It's a copy of a pm sent and recieved from John Funk a couple days ago. The newest post i

Triggerhappy938:
Just checking to see if the contest is still on. The public, myself included, await with baited breath.

John Funk:
At the moment our entire anime section is on hold since Funimation isn't really sending us along anything anymore.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
tomany2 said:
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:
snowman6251 said:
tomany2 said:

i do agree, but every single pic of mio, when shrunk looked pretty bad
My favorite part this season was when Yui was told to take off her sweatpants and she made it sound like she was being molested. I lol'd.

Also stalker Ton-chan was pretty damn funny too.

maskedklaus

Nov 21, 2007
Triggerhappy938 said:
I think I may have something that will help explain the delay. It's a copy of a pm sent and recieved from John Funk a couple days ago. The newest post i

Triggerhappy938:
Just checking to see if the contest is still on. The public, myself included, await with baited breath.

John Funk:
At the moment our entire anime section is on hold since Funimation isn't really sending us along anything anymore.
Good to know! Thanks Triggerhappy!

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
Damn, I've been trying to find somewhere that'll accept an anime review or two...why is it only open to the US??!! ¬¬

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
Triggerhappy938 said:

Triggerhappy938:

John Funk:
Ahh, alright. Well better they don't decide on the applicants, then. I'd hate to be selected only to not have work to do. =/

escapistraptor

Dec 1, 2009
Triggerhappy938 said:

Triggerhappy938:

John Funk:
Ouch, that sucks. Okay then, I guess I don't have to keep checking here twice a month to look for updates on the situation. If they do decide to use us after all, I'm sure Funk would PM the winners.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Saw the date after I read the post. Bugger. I did a write-up about Princess Mononoke a few years ago. Even so, despite my seeming interest (my avatar?), i'm not actually much of an anime person, so I wouldn't really fit the bill anyway.

TarkXT

Sep 7, 2009
Sad to hear. On the bright side if it take a while they might run this thing again in the future and give others a chance.