Do you live in a dorm? Does your food disappear out of the fridge?

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Soo, I've been living in a dorm for 2 years now, and every1 has encountered the same effing problem, some deuchebag always keeps snatching some of your food, as if you wouldnt notice, wrll, everybody does, but there's no way of knowing for sure, cuz there are security cameras on every corner in and around the dorm, but not in the fucking kitchen!! As if, the fucking dorm staff specially made the conditions for some deuchebag to keep stealing your cheese, eggs, or ketchup. And nobody seems to be as concerned as I am, as if, they don't even care, if half of their milk is gone, and worse yet, our dorm's "boss" who is a 60 year old fucking crazy lady, keeps throwing our forks(ESPECIALLY FUCKING FORKS!!!) and other utensils to the fucking garbage, just because some other bloke accidentally took yours from the plate dryer stand thingy, and didn't clean it the night before. Any suggestions on how to keep food from being stolen off the fridge? It's really fucking annoying.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
The classic vengeance scenario usually involves leaving food laced with laxatives or peeing in some beverage container and leaving it in the fridge. Checking in to see when the food goes missing and who has explosive diarrhea usually uncovers the culprit(s).

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
6-man rooms here, haven't had anything stolen yet. Borrowed, occasionally, but I usually get compensated well enough. I guess it depends on the particular place's 'douche-level'.

Apr 28, 2008
Dags90 said:
The classic vengeance scenario usually involves leaving food laced with laxatives or peeing in some beverage container and leaving it in the fridge. Checking in to see when the food goes missing and who has explosive diarrhea usually uncovers the culprit(s).
This would be the smartest thing to do, so do this.

Or just camp in a box, Solid Snake style, and scare whoever's taking food shitless.

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
Hmmph, that doesn't work around here, some bloke did it once, the deuchebag called the cops on him, he didn't care, that it wasn't his apple juice.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
No, my flatmates aren't assholes. As Dags90 said, just laxative the shit out of anything, even if you don't find out who it is, they'll still suffer, and think twice about doing it again.

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
Ex-lax frosted chocolate brownies.

Not just 1, enough to cause your greedy nemesis a lot of pain- also enough so that if more than person is involved you get a double hit and at least one person will shit themselves as the toilet will already be in use.

Artinam

Jan 5, 2008
Hidden Camera or Webcam?

Or that stuff that is invisible but lights up when you use an UV lamp.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
I haven't been living in a dorm for the past three months, due to living in another country temporarily. I hated living in the dorm for so many reasons, one of them being the aforementioned food disappearing, another being that my roommate has his girlfriend over every other fucking night, another being that I hate almost everyone in the dorm.
When I get back I have a week and a half of class left. Next year, me and my friend are renting an apartment closer to the university.
As for your problems: eat out of the dorm whenever you can (another bonus is that the food will be better!). If the rules are lax enough (they are here), just buy your food at a grocery store and eat it in your room.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
And then, in a sudden unexpected turn of events, it turns out your dorm head is the one nicking the food! :O

sushkis2

Apr 14, 2011
T8B95 said:
I haven't been living in a dorm for the past three months, due to living in another country temporarily. I hated living in the dorm for so many reasons, one of them being the aforementioned food disappearing, another being that my roommate has his girlfriend over every other fucking night, another being that I hate almost everyone in the dorm.
When I get back I have a week and a half of class left. Next year, me and my friend are renting an apartment closer to the university.
As for your problems: eat out of the dorm whenever you can (another bonus is that the food will be better!). If the rules are lax enough (they are here), just buy your food at a grocery store and eat it in your room.
Heh, how do you keep your eggs from spoiling keeping it in your dresser?

silent299

Mar 29, 2011
Get a mini-fridge and keep it in your room. As long as you lock your door when you leave, you won't have to worry about anything going missing.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Used to live in a dorm. Invested in a used little bar fridge for my room. Best investment in history!

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
My dorm doesn't have a community fridge unless you are in the apartment. Every room is supposed to get their own mini-fridge if the students want to keep anything cold.
Despite living in an apartment, I do still have someone stealing my food. I call him the Not-Bearded Idiot (he used to have a really stupid beard but he shave it off). I have decided that with only two weeks left in the semester I am no going to start a fight about how he eats most of the food and never goes grocery shopping. I am just going to sit my apartment passive-aggressively and plan his demise. I am just happy that I have my own bedroom where I can escape from some of his stupidity.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
sushkis2 said:
T8B95 said:
Heh, how do you keep your eggs from spoiling keeping it in your dresser?
Couple of people mentioned a mini-fridge. That's a great idea.

Personally, we just eat non-perishables normally, and if we need to eat them, we buy only what we need that night.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
you reminded me of something weird that happened in a dorm, I had a cousin living in a dorm and when i went to visit, he went and bought a LOT of stuff from the market to make something to eat, when we got to the "kitchen" i asked him "so... which one is your locker!?" (they have numbered lockers where people can put their pans and stuff) he just laughed and pulled open one (he either broke the lock, or it was already broken) and took the frying pans, opened a second one in a similar manner and took more stuff, and started cooking

then he pried open another cabinet(i am quite sure he broke this last lock) and took out a huge platter, he poured the whole thing he cooked about a foot tall of food, called "alambre", its beef, onions, peppers, cheese, maggi sauce, stuff like that, and screamed on the top of his lungs "FOOD´s READY!!!"

the kitchen was exactly next to the computer room, were it seemed people where quite busy with works and stuff, when they heard the scream they stood up and ran to the kitchen, (me and my cousin had already taken our share) and breaking several more lockers they took platters, forks, spoons, anything that could be used to eat (one of them poured his share in a glass).

we all chatted, made jokes, some girls asking me where i came from, stuff like that, and little by little people started to get up and leave towards the computer room

my cousin then grabbed a bottle of soda and spun it, everyone stared at it, and when it stopped, my cousin told the guy at the tip of the bottle "hehe, sorry dude, your turn"

that guy cleaned everything up, dishes, glasses, kitchen, everything

i asked my cousin "didn´t you brought stuff to cook with??" and he laughed and said "yeah, but it got stolen the second day, so i ended up cooking for everyone in exchange of using their stuff, and them cleaning the mess, i don´t know why but they hate to cook"

strange how things work out huh?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
In my first year my flatmate keep using the eggs I bought instead of his but I told him of the mix up and he didn't do it again.
Second year however when I almost finish the second year of uni, I bought smaller foods etc since I won't be there for long. I bought a small pint milk and hours later it was empty. WTH the falte I lived in was right next to a shop that was selling milks! Buy your own you lazy jerk!
Third year I didn't really had my food stolen but one of my flatemate was very lazy at cleaning his plate after he ate. He just left it at the sink and pour water on it but it started to pile up... Needless to say it was difficult cleaning my plates etc with those taking up in the sink.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
pahahaha, I live in a rented house with three other people. No more student accommodation for me.

Still, people keep nicking my milk (I like full fat milk, everyone else drinks semi-skimmed because they're pussies) to put in coffee. Bastards! I might have left the semi-skimmed out to curdle a little in revenge. 'twas The Phantom Of The Fridge! Mwahahahaha!!!