Do you look older or younger than you are?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
With a beard I look about 23-25. Without it I look about 20-22 or so I'd think. When I occasionally get people who bring liquor back to the pharmacy, some of them question if I'm old enough to ring it up. That makes me smile a bit, haha.

Also, people who say they're getting ID'd so they must look younger: for many places it's their policy to ID you if you look 30-40, so just getting ID'd isn't necessarily an indicator that you actually look younger than whatever the legal age to buy or partake in something is.

azel

May 17, 2012
I'm currently 19. You guys can decide if I look older or younger then that.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
I look younger. Once when I was in the 11th grade (16 nearing 17 at the time) a middle-schooler came up and asked me if I was in the 7th or 8th grade, assuming that I was no where near high school age. In the 12th grade, I had just moved back with my dad in Michigan and in all of my classes the students all thought that I was in the wrong part of the building (There were halls for classes designated for every grade level excluding electives). They all though I was a freshman. Nowadays, (1st year of Uni atm) I don't really know what people think because I hardly talk to anyone besides my roommate, and one of the people in the room across from ours whose room is connected to ours by a bathroom. I'm lonely :(

Wolf-AUS

Feb 13, 2010
I'm think I look maybe slightly older than I am? I'm honestly not sure now, maybe I'll have to get some photos and see what you guys think

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
I hear I look like I'm well into my twenties but I'm only 17. Its probably because I have a full beard.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
I look younger. Anyone want to take a guess WITHOUT looking at my birthday in my profile?

yesterday

last month(I'm the one on the right in all black)

last week at work

two nights ago at the drive in(for those who were wondering what my natural eye colour is without contacts in)

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Younger, it seems to run in the family. Both my parents are in their mid-60's, but they could easily pass for early 50's. I'm 22, yet I'm constantly mistaken for a minor.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Younger for sure, especially when I shave. I look 19-21, and am on the far side of 27. Get carded everywhere except for places where they know me.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
I look much younger than I actually am. At work people mistake me for a high school kid and keep asking me questions about things like who we're playing tomorrow night. I have no idea I'm not in high school. >.<

WhiteRat07

Some guy
Aug 13, 2009
I am 29 and most people think im early forties. On the plus i was buying beer at 22, without being carded.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
Idk what I look. I've had ppl assume I'm a senior in high school or freshman in college, a graduate student, and everything in between. Usually when I get around to shaving it's younger, and when I let the facial hair grow a little it goes older. I think it's really funny how much of an effect facial hair has on people's perception of your age.

edit: oh I just remembered, this summer I was given a free golf cart at the golf course cuz they thought I was a minor. I shaved that morning XD. My actual age is essentially 21.

Mr Binary

Jan 24, 2011
I'd say younger. I'm 18 and people are constantly surprised when I tell them this. My friend says I look around 14...

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
*sigh*

I look so old. At my 25th birthday party. some drunk guy I'd never seen before came up and asked me if it was my 30th.

However, no-one ever checks if I'm old enough for booze or smokes, so that's awesome.

I don't know - do I look 25... or how much older?

EDIT: It's nice to see so many faces for all the names! I didn't realise how good-looking some of our Escapists are. As a married old lady, I think I can safely say Aylaine and EeveeElectro are really beautiful without being too creepy :p

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
theincurabletragedy said:

How old do you think you look compared to your real age? Do you get carded every time you go to the bottle shop or have you been buying without showing ID for ages even though you're only sixteen? Can you get away with paying cheap fares because the bus drivers think you're a student? Or a teacher? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I'm almost 19, most common guess is 14-16. Nobody takes a word I say seriously but I can totally do that cheap student fares thing.
Wow. OP, I don't normally (read: never) say this to people online because it comes off as creepy, as it undoubtedly will, but you are goddamn cute.

Anywho, I don't really have any pictures of me recently. The most recent photos of me are from New Year's Eve, and I don't really like them anyway. I'm 19, but I get carded going to clubs and stuff, so I guess I either look younger or they're just doing their job.

*shrug*

Although, when I was 17 I got carded when I went to buy an MA15+ game, so...I guess I looked young when I was 17?

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I look younger than I do - everyone in my family does. My sister, who is 30, could still pass as a high-school girl. I myself look like I belong in high-school or even middle school, despite being 25.