Do you look older or younger than you are?

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
To any male slightly under the drinking age

grow your beard if you can. It serves as your fake ID. thankyou genetics

OT: If I have a beard I look remarkably older, but no beard I'm told I look my age ie 22.

the beard is key for lads

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
I apparently look older....way older. Maybe its that I wear older clothing. Maybe its because I always get a crew cut for my hair. Maybe its because I am 6'2". But apparently, I look at least 5 years older than I actually do. All I know is that I have had 2 major instances of being confused for being older than I am.

1) When my mom was still working at the local high school when I was 13, I had the day off from school and when to work with her, and when I was walking the halls, a teacher came out, yelled at me, and said "GET TO CLASS!" as if I was a high school student.

2) At the store I work at, when I was in High school, people kept thinking I was in college. Now that I am in college, people keep thinking I am in my last year, even though I just started.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Mr Binary said:
I'd say younger. I'm 18 and people are constantly surprised when I tell them this. My friend says I look around 14...
Same here. I use it for half price bus tickets (>:D). Other than that, it's pretty lame looking like a lil kiddie.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'm 29 and depending on whether or not I've got a beard on, I get carded all the time. I still can't buy booze without getting looks, and anyone who gets past me on the phone tends to assume a slightly childish tone.

See, French has the "Vous" pronoun for a more formal take on second-person sentence structure, and the "Tu" pronoun for informal stuff. I use "Tu" with my parents and friends and basically anyone who knows me well enough. My being a bit of an academic, I use "Vous" with teachers I've known for upwards of six years and even shared beers with. I could get informal on them without incurring some sort of immediate scholarly wrath but it just doesn't seem right.

So, yeah. Someone asks me on the phone if I can get my parents on an informal tone they'd probably use for their own kids? Sometimes, telemarketers and the like are pretty surprised to see I'm the guy they're supposed to nag and not, say, my dad. I don't look or sound like a guy who's pushing thirty. Apart from the hairline, that is.

My problem is that for some unexplained reason, even with a severe bald spot on, a beard and undoubtedly masculine clothes, there's still the occasional moron who calls me "Ma'am.".

I don't have moobs, I have pecs! What gives?! Even if I had moobs, how does that even work?!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Clean shaven and no facial hair I look younger, with facial hair I look older, apparently.

I don't seem to be able to look(or act) my age. 25 btw.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Well I'm 18 and I often get ID'd whenever I go to a pub that I've never been to before.

I look a lot younger than most of me mates (though most of them are 20).

Me mate (who I was born in the same hospital, on the same day and we share the same first name) looks much older than me.

And the once I was told by a girl that I look 12, maybe because I have bright blue-eyes, not many scars from spots and me facial hair doesn't really grow that quickly and I'm not exactly tall (I'm about 5'8/9").

I just look and the bright side on that I am likely to look younger than me mates when I'm middle-aged.

Also I act very immaturely and often make joke around with words like poo and swear words and sexual stuff and puns and blah.

Also I have quite a deep voice.

dfb1999

Oct 7, 2012
This is an awkward question.
As I normally look, glasses, some facial hair, I look my age or a little older (20), but remove the glasses and keep the hair, and I look even older, but take away the hair, and I look around 14, and with no facial hair or glasses, I look like a freaking newborn.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I've never been notified that I look younger than I am really. Apparently I have a bit of a baby face... but I personally would say that I definitely do not look 17 (almost 18) and that I look younger.

...Unfortunately.

Tinygiant

Feb 16, 2011
I look much, much older.

I'm 22, and I was told a few months ago that I looked 26. It probably doesn't help that I have pretty long hair and a beard.

Interestingly, though, when I shave (which only rarely happens), I look somewhere around 17.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I'm 17, but people tell me I could probably pass for 18-19, since I was 16, late 15's.
So older I guess.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
theincurabletragedy said:
I'm almost 19, most common guess is 14-16. Nobody takes a word I say seriously but I can totally do that cheap student fares thing.
Could be "worse", love. I turned 21 in June, and the most common guess for people who see me[footnote]out of the context of college[/footnote] guess that I'm 15-17.

If this keeps up, I'm quite looking forward to looking 22-24 when I'm over thirty.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
RaphaelsRedemption said:
-snip-

EDIT: It's nice to see so many faces for all the names! I didn't realise how good-looking some of our Escapists are. As a married old lady, I think I can safely say Aylaine and EeveeElectro are really beautiful without being too creepy :p
Awww :) ♥ thank you!

And I'd say you look 23-25ish IMO. Not a day over 25, and your colourful hair is awesome!

Karhukonna

Nov 3, 2010
I'm usually thought of as older. I've only once in my life had to show my ID when buying liquor. I was buying some whiskey, as I recall. T'was good stuff, all in all, but I must say, no whiskey holds it's own against some good old cold gin. Goes with just about anything, so if you mix it with something sweet, it'll be the stealthiest hangover of your life. One minute you're fine, and the next you're hugging the toilet bowl in your friends bathroom. And the next day, you'll be sorry you didn't hydrate the day before. So anyways, as I was saying... Older, yes, definitely.

I keep my hair short and my face looks really serious whenever I make an expression, so I guess that's what throws people off most of the time. That, and I never really talk about my age, or the ages of other people.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Unshaven I look around 35 and then I shave and I get asked for ID in the supermarket. I'm 25.

Aggy213

Sep 22, 2012
People say I look younger than I am. Probably because Im so short (I'm 5 3) Im 21 but get ID'd for everything lol