Do you read why fellow posters get put on probation?

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

It's a really weird habit of mine. When i see that a poster is put on probation, i click the link that takes you to the post that got them in trouble and read it to see what the fuss was about. I tend to do it a lot for some reason and i certainly hope i'm not the only one!

What do you guys do?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I don't think it's a weird habit at all. I think most people do it, partly out of curiosity, and partly to learn stuff about how the rules are enforced.

Get Jiggy

Apr 14, 2009
I do it constantly expecting the 'evil' post to be something epic (not sure why). I'm almost always dissapointed.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, I tend to do that...then later, I'll forget I already knew why, and check again.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Its always interesting, to learn from others mistake... Or just laugh at them...

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I sometimes read them if the topic they got a probation in sounds interesting enough, but I don't think that it's weird at all.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I'm a schadenfreude kinda guy so I often read them to get a chuckle, well and to satisfy my curiosity.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
If I have the time then definitely. Plus, it helps you see if you should disregard their opinion or not in whatever thread you came from.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Get Jiggy said:
I do it constantly expecting the 'evil' post to be something epic (not sure why). I'm almost always dissapointed.
Haha yeah, i'm totally the same. I'm like 'why on earth did that get a ban?' lmao.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
Generic Gamer said:
Get Jiggy said:
I do the same, it's always a disappointment but Maxthereaper taught me it was worth always looking just for the off chance you'd find a good one.
Spot on. I always expect it to be some rant at the mods or for some outrageous opinion. It's sad that it almost always tends to be for a one word post, calling the OP a twat or something that could have easily been avoided.

I did say "almost" though. There have been some classics since I have been here and therefore, I will alwyas click for a scooby.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Always; if someone posts frequently then I tend to end up reading their reason several times as I forget I've read it.

Very occasionally the posts are funny or drama-worthy.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Quite often I do this as well, mainly to see what got them in trouble and how I can avoid getting in trouble myself. Even if the reasoning seems to be bullshit, I want to keep myself from making the same mistakes and keep myself within good standings here (I've been permabanned from one video game website already, and, IMHO, one is enough for me).