Do you still play on older consoles?

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
I was rummaging through my closet the other day and stumbled across my SNES, Sega Saturn, and N64. It was enough to make me hook up my N64 and get some StarFox 64 and Goldeneye action. I even relived Super Mario World on the SNES.

In this era of high definition, does anyone else still enjoy their older games?

Mar 26, 2008
You bet. I have draws dedicated to my Dreamcast, Saturn, Megadrive, SNES, N64 and PS1. Out of all of them the PS1 would get the least played, but there are still times when I feel like playing a bit of w1peout.

kungfujoe

May 22, 2008
Ahh the Emulator.

Sure, but not actually on my old consoles. Emulators and ROMS allow me to relive my old age.

Also, I do not condone illegal use of ROMS and such

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I play Tony Hawk's proskater2 on the PS1 and legend of zelda the ocarina of time on the N64

Sirisaxman

Jun 8, 2008
I still have my ps2, because playing ps2 games sucks on the ps3. I also buy old games on the Wii virtual console and Xbox Live Arcade. I gots emulators and roms on the pc, too. :-D

gnaw

Oct 2, 2007
I play games based on how much fun they are, not based on what system they're on. With that said, I still think the Genesis has the greatest game library of any system. So yes, I still play on older consoles and will continue to do so until newer consoles start putting out more fun games... like Ristar.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I still play snes and NES on a regular basis. It helps me stay in touch with how great games can be despite how simple they are compared to what we have today. Back in an era where the emphasis seemed to be MORE on fun and game play and not uber leet graphics and obsessive online. Games are still great today as they were 10 years ago but like they say, "nothing beats the classics".

Earthbound Engineer

Jun 9, 2008
I still play my old gamecube, and playstation games occasionally, but have stopped playing some of my older consoles since i got an xbox 360. however, when they released backwards compadibility on the xbox 360, i started playing games such as time spliters, halo 2, battlefront, and fable again.

olicon

May 8, 2008
I'm on my PS2--the oldest working console I have, apart from my computer. And to tell you the truth, I still have more than just a couple of RPGs left on it, so I'm expecting to stay on my PS2 for at least another 3-400 hours. That reads 3 actual years for me--whoopy!

Pingrash

Mar 30, 2008
I used to go back to my N664 once in a while but it takes 30 attempts to get the game to run now so I don't really bother.

I do sometimes use dos box to play old school games like Doom.

fyrh56

Apr 2, 2008
Sure, and old games aswell. I even have my Spectrum ZX hooked up to one of those wood-trimmed 80's TV's. Who doesn't like Manic Miner heh?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Of course - hell, I even know some sites where I can play the classics, and a lot of games still work on my computer, like Starcraft and Diablo, and there are things like emulators to help me out if my old games or systems aren't working.

I'm still shocked at how well my SNES runs too. My N64 is missing cables, but thanks to Wii's virtual console, I can play the games I don't own, and missed out on, or the ones that I just loved and yet can't find around the house...or broke.. >_>

The Great Fa

May 25, 2008
Seeing as I'm sort of a miserly fellow, I don't find myself in possession of new games very often. So yes, I frequently play stuff on my SNES and N64 emulators, sometimes I even hook up the real things for that old timey experience.

Recently I got my hands on a NES and a copy of Adventure Island 2. It is very very awesome.

Ooh, I also still have my old Gameboy. Still works - and nothing beats sitting down with that colossal monster and running through Super Mario Land.