Do You Think You Know Videogame Music? Try Our Quiz!

Enagan

Nov 2, 2009
I'm pretty happy with my result.
This was by far the best quiz I've done on the Escapist :)

So much nostalgia...

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
So, I finish the quiz, and I don't get a score or anything. So now I have no idea how I did at all. Interesting. Also, my lack of interest in Western games really screwed me over on this.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
44%. I guess decent considering I've never heard of at least half of those games and haven't played the majority of them...

I would probably do a lot better at a metal music quiz...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Yureina said:
John Funk said:
Am I the only one who absolutely loves this theme song?

Seriously, its one of my favorites from all games ever. Thanks for putting this one in your main article! ^_^
It's pretty good, but I love Otherworld (Blitzball scene/
boss battle song) so much more, and it's even my ringtone.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
demoap said:
About 70% of it were JRPGs related, tha was unfair... I did know some but most of the time was like, '???????' was that....

I collect soundtrack for a long time, to 'The Lion King' to the hole 'Star Wars' saga, and since 2006, started collecting games music to, my game collection is not as big as the operas or movies, but i have faund some nice pices.... and none of them were from an JRPG... so whay so many JAP music?
Are you kidding me?

Three of the questions are JRPGs. Three. Out of 25.

And 13/25 are Japanese games. The other 12 are Western. Which is as equal a split as we could possibly get. Considering that Japan is just as responsible for some of the best games ever made as the West, I think that's pretty damn fair, don't you?

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
You scored 48%, it was better then I had expected. But on most of those I got I knew what game it was from on the first tone. :p

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
15/25. I'm very happy with that :)

didn't think I'd even get 5 right when I started the test but sure were a lot of old classics in there <3

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
The first half of the quiz had almost nothing I heard of, but the second half of the quiz I managed to ace.

warps

Jun 10, 2009
I've got to admit - this quiz was the single most fun I've had browsing the Escapist. Very well thought out with some of the classic video game music. Thank you very much for making it!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Great quiz, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I only knew maybe 5 of the answers. But I guessed the rest based upon the feel of the music and the games presented. I got 72%, which I'm really happy with.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
How dare you not include this! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vq3ZacXSZs]

The only way to end this quiz is with this:

[youtube=09s-c2JVI40

LostCarcosa

Oct 25, 2010
John Funk said:
Yureina said:
Am I the only one who absolutely loves this theme song?

Seriously, its one of my favorites from all games ever. Thanks for putting this one in your main article! ^_^
I chose it for a reason. To Zanarkand is easily one of my favorite VG themes of all time. It's even better fully orchestrated in the Ending Theme :)
I can agree with that! I taught myself to play the piano just so I could play To Zanarkand. I also agree that the FFX ending theme is a beautiful rendition, and I encourage everyone to listen to it. If anyone prefers solo piano to full orchestra, may I recommend the FFX Piano Collections version of the ending theme? (track 15)

esperandote said:
Wow, third place, very well done. You're a sountrack expert, and welcome to the forums.
Thank you very much, esperandote! It's a pleasure to be here.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
76% better than I thought, I got a lot more that I knew thrown in at the end.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
AHHHHHHH!
Man, i got 68%
Not bad but....i should have known more.
Though that's pretty good for never playing most of the more mainstream games in this Quiz, the JRPG's i did ok on, only a few i had never played or seen played.