Do you want to see Spider-Man in a Avengers movie?

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
Yes I know Sony owns the movie rights to Spidey, so he can't really be in any movies related to the Marvel Cinematic universe that Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America share. However would you like to see Spidey team up with the Avengers?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
He's part of the Avengers in the Lego game. I guess that counts for something.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Eeeeeeehhhh, I don't know...
From what I know about Spider-Man, which basically means a good chunk of old Spider-Man and next to nothing about what he's doing today, he seemed to work well alone and in the occasional duo, but with a whole team, I don't know. Would I think it's a bad thing if he appeared in the next Avengers, no, but maybe not as a full-fledged member if that makes any sense.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
torno said:
Eeeeeeehhhh, I don't know...
From what I know about Spider-Man, which basically means a good chunk of old Spider-Man and next to nothing about what he's doing today, he seemed to work well alone and in the occasional duo, but with a whole team, I don't know. Would I think it's a bad thing if he appeared in the next Avengers, no, but maybe not as a full-fledged member if that makes any sense.
If done correctly, it could be pretty cool in my view, but if he were to appear he'll have to have some kind good introduction to plot.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
There are already enough, bordering on too many, Avengers on the team as it is, adding Spiderman to the mix would most likely throw off the whole mix (a case of too many cooks).
A crossover movie with Spiderman would work best with only one other hero.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
twistedmic said:
There are already enough, bordering on too many, Avengers on the team as it is, adding Spiderman to the mix would most likely throw off the whole mix (a case of too many cooks).
A crossover movie with Spiderman would work best with only one other hero.
Who do you think would be the best to appear in a movie with him? I think Iron Man is a nice choice, or Captain America.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Spiderman could work, maybe put him in a smaller role like they did with Black Widow and Hawkeye. Be one of the guys to do some investigation stuff on the sides while you've got Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Hulk doing the heavy fighting.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
They're overcrowded as it is, why add MORE characters you can't properly honor with decent screentime and development?

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
I just want to see a movie with Carnage in it. One of my favorite villains.

I'm not crazy.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
sure. why not. could be cool, though i'd prefer to have someone I've never heard of. give a fresh face a chance

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well seeing how Spider-Man is part of the current Avenger team in the comicbook I guess it can work althought Stark already fill in the role as the funny one out of the group already.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Nope, simply because in a big team up film, they can introduce people to characters they didn't know about until the film. Spider-man just like Wolverine is in enough films.

I don't dislike either of them, it's just that as a comic reader, I want to see stuff on screen that has yet to be done, and Spider-man has been, several times.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Get rid of hawkeye and (as much as I like Scarlet Johansson) Black Widow, add Doctor Strange and Spider-Man and you have my favorite Avengers team.

Alas because of those arse monkeys at Sony I will never get to see such an awesome thing.

That being said apart from a Doctor Strange movie (which I reeeeeealy want) I want a good Fantastic Four movie but I am not holding my breath as Fox owns them and I have no faith that they can pull it off.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
BQE said:
I just want to see a movie with Carnage in it. One of my favorite villains.
Wasn't that Spider-man 3? Or am I confusing something?

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Most of you guys are apparently under the impression that the membership in the Avengers team is set in stone and you can only add to them. In the comics the team was extremely fluid with dozens of different lineups, sometimes even the leading members like Cap or Tony switching out for a while. As such I see no reason why Black Widow or Hawkeye couldn't switch out for a while to give space for Spidey.

Another argument would be the team layout. Heroes generally have three different modus operandi: they are either Muscle (strong and tough, beat people up in close-combat, usually charismatic etc.), Brains (inventors, geniuses, etc.) or Guile (schemers who outwit their opponents and use gadgets and tactics to fight on even footing with stronger opponents). As such we have the current lineup:

Captain America: Muscle
Thor: Muscle
Bruce Banner: Muscle/Brains
Tony Stark: All-rounder
Black Widow: Guile
Hawkeye: Guile

Notice the lack of a Guile/Brains hero in there? That is the exact spot Spidey would fit right in. :p

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Spider-man movies? It sure would have been neat if they made a third one of those. (denial)

As for what I'd like? Marvel allowed Sony to have the film rights for Spidey, but if I'm not mistaken they still hold the Television rights. What I'd like to see is Marvel/Disney make a Spider-man series so good, that Sony would have no choice but to up their game or just get out of the Spider-man business altogether (preferable after ASM). My best friend suggested this around the time Avengers hit theaters. Ive come around to his way of thinking.