Do You Want Zone of the Enders 3?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Do You Want Zone of the Enders 3?

Kojima Productions is apparently unaware that people out there want a third entry in their stylish giant robot action franchise. So they're asking for people to let them know how much they want it.

"How many people really want a Zone of the Enders sequel?" a group of Kojima Productions developers asked on the latest episode of the Metal Gear Solid Integral podcast.

Fans of slick-looking robots using hitting its stride [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue_G5U1Ui9c].

Still, as awesome as cool robots shooting giant guns may be, the formula doesn't always translate to the big bucks. Konami's not worried about the hardcore gamers not buying their game, they said on the podcast. That's a reliable market, but casual gamers are a different story. So they want to know: do people really want ZOE3?

"If there's so many people wanting to see Zone of the Enders, why not put the priority on top, a little further up, you know, but we just want to know," Konami's Aki Saito said. That makes it sound like ZOE's somewhere in the middle of Kojima Productions' priority list (probably lower than Metal Gear Raiden but higher than Boktai).

Saito suggested that interested gamers make their voices heard in the comments thread of the podcast, assuring games that "we'll check your comments out." So, if you want ZOE3, venture over here [http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2009/04/000168.html] and make your voice heard. Just remember this: if ZOE3 never happens, it'll be on you.

(PS3 Center [http://www.ps3center.net//news/2777/Kojima-Productions-Do-you-really-want-Zone-of-the-Enders-3/])

VVickeD

Mar 4, 2009
I would love to play a ZoE3! I think the second installment in the series was off the hook I still play it to this day when i need some fast based 3d arcade style fighting.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Meh, never really was a big fan of Z.o.E Mech designs, but it's nevertheless a good game, and also a good model on what mecha games should really be like.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
Zone of The Enders 2 was great! I loved every single moment of that game, the battle against that giant Robot Army was epic... but even more epic... was the one where you brought down a fleet of carriers in an epic Sky battle!

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Only one I played was ZoE:Fist of Mars on the GBA and totally loved it!
I would really like a new one!

Dahaka27

Apr 20, 2009
Yes.
ZOE was really good, I picked up the original for about £5 preowned and loved it. I wish I could get hold of the second one because I have only played the demo of it and I still loved it.
I just hope it doesnt become as rare as ZOE2: The Second Runner. Such a wasted release in some ways.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I would definitely like a Zone of the Enders, considering I've never played any of the previous ones. I'd be cool to see what the fuss would be about, but then again it could be changed up from previous installments.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The only one I remember was a GBA game set on Mars. It was pretty slick, and the mech designs were neat. Go Old Testament!

EDIT: This is what I posted: I've heard good things about the ZOE franchise, but cannot find the old games. The only one I own is The Fist Of Mars, a GBA adaptation that was really fun to play. I'd recommend making another one, but don't make it just for the fans of the franchise: don't include the 3 in the title. If you want to capture interest, express it like a new IP: a re-boot of the series rather than an expansion of it. This allows newcomers to join into the universe without feeling left out.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
ZOE: Fist of Mars is superior to the 3D games IMHO (which could use some refining, as could FoM) but they're all damn good.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Wow, an article about something to do with Hideo Kojima that doesn't have him straddling the duck.
If I could have worked it in, I would have. Sadly, I couldn't.

phatslo

Oct 9, 2008
I actually loved the first one. I own the second one but only played it for about 15 minutes due to the fact that my old tv was almost dead. I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of snatcher or psychonauts on the virtual console either.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
I came. If ZoE3 really happens, then that would mean I'm gonna hafta buy whatever console it comes out on, though.

Still, I wanna see what they would do with ZoE3 at least. I wanna see possibly new mech designs that aren't over-the-top yet still cooler than the past designs. It's gonna b hard for them to do better than ZoE2 imo.