Doc Brown Explains Zelda Chronology Using Time-Travelling DeLorean

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Not only does this video combine two of my favourties stuff but also explain the whole timeline in a funny way! Man you would think that Ganon would of give up by the time he is defeated by the tenth or so Link.
Or at least find a kid named Link when he's a baby and just kill him then.....since it's always link
This made me cry I was laughing so hard.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe if we get a time lord and the professor in on this it might resolve this whole thing before we all go cross eyed.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Wait I thought Majora's Mask was just a direct sequel to Ocarina of time, also was there any mention of Phantom Hourglass, it got bit confusing so I stopped paying attention XD

Hmm thinking 4th dimensionally, ill keep that in mind when I'm pondering stories that involve time travel.

Also now i know why Link doesn't speak much.....

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
HankMan said:
It's amazing how the Doc was able to link all the games together.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That Doc Brown would please the real Doc Brown. Hold on a minute...two Doc Browns? GREAT SCOTT!
It's a... Pair a Docs!
OH SNAP! Well done on that last one.

But yeah, funny video, pretty much sums up the insanity of the LOZ timeline...or lack of one..?

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Well this paragraph explains it in pure text for those interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda#Chronology

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Okay, here's the best picture I could find to explain it...

So, as you can see, the Minish Cap Link is the first, despite not being the first in the series. After he slays Ganon for the first time , presumably at one of his weakest points, one of THAT Link's descendants fights Ganon again, this time while he poses as a human. When he gains the Triforce power, two timelines are created: one in which Ganondorf DOES take over the world (The Adult Link timeline) and one where he is thwarted before ever doing anything (The Young Link timeline). In the Young Link timeline, since Navi had left due to Link not needing a fairy at that point, went after her, and got caught up in the Majora's Mask story. After that, he journeys across the ocean for no presumed reason, gets struck by lightning, goes into a coma, and awakens the Windfish to wake back up. From that point, we see the stories of Zelda 1 and 2, in which Link hones his skills as a swordsman, eventually acquiring the Four Sword and battling Vaati who was actually being controlled by Ganon. Then HIS descendant goes through a similar transformation to Ocarina of Time, except THIS time, there is no time jump, just a jump between dimensions/worlds, and thus no split timeline. Meanwhile, in the Adult timeline, Link's grandson or whatever saves Hyrule again, this time with the help of Midna and defeating Zant in the process. There is no indication that Ganon every actually died in Twilight Princess, so perhaps he regained power after healing from his Master Sword impalement, and then flooded Hyrule. After the events in Phantom Hourglass, the gods realize what great warriors these two Links are, and then Din and Nayru (and Farore, technically) reunite the timelines so they can stop Twinrova from summoning Ganon again and sending all dimensions and universes into oblivion.

WHEW... that took a LOOOOONG time... But it feels good to know there's at least SOME clarity.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
"Link! I've got terrible news about your future!"

"Doc! What is it? Does my game suck?"

"No, something's gotta be done about yourr sequels and remakes! They're without any story tying them together and filled with gimmicks for the purpose of making customers pay more money for the same things!.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Excellently written but the creepy vibe I get from the translation of game characters into real actors reaffirms why the idea of a LoZ movie just wireds me out.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
HankMan said:
It's amazing how the Doc was able to link all the games together.
The_root_of_all_evil said:
That Doc Brown would please the real Doc Brown. Hold on a minute...two Doc Browns? GREAT SCOTT!
It's a... Pair a Docs!
Wow...

Just... wow.

You actually made an amusing pun. I think that's the first time, ever, in all of history that a pun that bad has been that musing.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I wonder what Universal would get upset over more, the fact that they used music from the movie, or the fact that they're using the uniform from the Institute of Future Technology.

I kid.

OT: That was a very well made movie.

T.D.

Feb 9, 2011
Link has a lot of ancestors for a character that appears celibate. And what about Zelda's timeline? Does it follow with Link's?

Other than being weirded out by human cast members, very good video though.

Still, i'd like to see Nintendo's "official" explanation.

Naterkix

Baron of Sealand
Oct 31, 2008
T.D. said:
Link has a lot of ancestors for a character that appears celibate. And what about Zelda's timeline? Does it follow with Link's?

Other than being weirded out by human cast members, very good video though.

Still, i'd like to see Nintendo's "official" explanation.
That's a scene they never show, kinda like Mario getting "cake".

As an amusing side note, if you do a Facebook share of the video you get an extra mild lol from the share button being labeled as "Share Link".

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Odd Water said:
Well this is the best and most fun explanation of all the Zelda games so far. Now for a real challenge, can Doc Brown arrange up the damn Final Fantasy franchise any even though its not all one set of characters? He should also do the Kirby and Mario games too.
Final Fantasy is easy, it's a multiverse with every single title being in a different universe (except for expands for a single game, like Crisis Core for FF7, those share the universe of the game they spun off of). Dissidia confirms it (with any that're killed off for real in Dissidia merely being sent back to their own universes with no hope of going back to the war).