Doc Brown Returns in an Official New Back to The Future Short

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Doc Brown Returns in an Official New Back to The Future Short

Christopher Lloyd will appear in a short film entitled Doc Brown Saves the World! as part of the Back to The Future celebrations.

If your special edition box set of the trilogy [http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/bttf.asp]. Most appetizing to BTTF fans is the inclusion of an all-new short film entitled Doc Brown Saves the World!, featuring Christopher Lloyd himself reprising his role as Doc Brown.

Today, we were given a very short glimpse at the short, which you can check out in the video to the right. As you can see, it looks like Doc will be finally returning to 2015, although, it will be our boring, mundane 2015, rather than the 2015 from Part II with flying cars and self tying laces.

The short will be exclusively available in the 30th anniversary box set, and will appropriately be released on October 21, 2015 - the very day Doc and Marty travel to. You can pre-order it from Amazon [http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Complete-Adventures-Limited/dp/B011Q0HZJ6?tag=io9amzn-20&ascsubtag=d14c04b99e71a0da4e153bc0953d95c2f77de8fa&rawdata=%5Br%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Ffeedly.com%2Fi%2Fcategory%2FVideo%2520Games%5Bt%7Clink%5Bp%7C1733588148%5Ba%7CB011Q0HZJ6%5Bau%7C5876237249235823346] right now.

It's certainly nice to see Lloyd return to this role thirty years later, and it'll be interesting to see what hijinks he gets up to.

Source: Universal Studios [https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=7gpzJ_s3CrE]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Oh my word, he must have seriously miscalculated the Cornish wormhole aging effect before stepping in at Port Isaac. Time has not been kind to Mr Clunes.

I was never a great fan of those films, to be honest; I don't know why.

Also, we do technically have flying cars and, more recently, self-tying laces. Sort of. Ish.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Wow, his enunciation has gone way downhill. He only has one line in this video, and it's near impossible to understand.

P.S. Thanks

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Great, between this and the aladdin blu-ray with the robin williams extras there goes my extra cash for a bit. Even worse, I really only enjoy the third film.

Still, really looking forward to seeing the short. Too bad they couldn't get MJ Fox to do a little guest appearance, too; he and Lloyd already came back to voice the character in Lego Dimensions.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
This new set better have a watchable Eric Stoltz version. I was disappointed that the one 5 years ago didn't.

This will be my 5th time buying the set.

Screw Star Wars, BTTF forever!

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
If they don't take the opportunity to release a new film with the plot that somewhere along the lines the timeline got fucked and instead of the previewed 2015 we have our 2015 I will be all the disappoint. Gotta find out where things went wrong, all Carmon Sandiego like. I expect royalties.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Confession time: I have never seen any of these movies. I only saw parts of the second one. I feel like I should, but only whenever things like this happen and I'm reminded that I still need to see them. Then life continues and I forget they exist once more.

I hear they're a fun time.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Sarge034 said:
If they don't take the opportunity to release a new film with the plot that somewhere along the lines the timeline got fucked and instead of the previewed 2015 we have our 2015 I will be all the disappoint. Gotta find out where things went wrong, all Carmon Sandiego like. I expect royalties.
Sounds like BTTF: The Game is up your alley then, though doesn't have a "what if" 2015 but sure as hell has everything else.

And damn, Christopher Lloyd is reminding me that all of my favorite actors from my childhood are close to death are are dead.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Y'know what? Christopher Lloyd's facial expressions is one of those simple, incredibly uplifting things in life. Lawd if looking at the guy doesn't fill me with a simple, wondrous joy.
Covarr said:
Wow, his enunciation has gone way downhill. He only has one line in this video, and it's near impossible to understand.

P.S. Thanks
His age is showing, but he delivers a great performance in the latest King Quest game.