Doctor Who: Episode 12: The Pandorica Opens (Spoilers)

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
shemming said:
Not to point holes in a 100% awesome episode BUT when river decided to threaten the big blue alien for the vortex manipulater thingy surely said alien could simply go back in time and prevent himself drinking said micro explosives?
That's assuming he'd know how to operate one, I imagine they are complicated to work.

everfreeDragon

Oct 28, 2009
shemming said:
Not to point holes in a 100% awesome episode BUT when river decided to threaten the big blue alien for the vortex manipulater thingy surely said alien could simply go back in time and prevent himself drinking said micro explosives?
He didn't actually have it with him, he had it sent away so it could be taken off the wrist of the previous owner before finding out.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
[HEADING=3]"Total event collapse. Ever sun will supernova at every moment in history..."[/HEADING]
Except Sol :p

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Sun Flash said:
Ladies and gentlemen, hold the phone for one goddamn cotton pickin' minute.

The Pandorica, a prison to hold the big bad for all eternity. This Pandorica is located at Stone Henge. Not too long ago, a matter of days in fact, The Government announced plans to cut public funding to the visitor centre there(which would essentially close it down). Back in Doctor Who it just so happens that all the big bad alyuns, headed by the daleks, have bandied together to lock the Doctor away for good and close the Pandorica...

Thus I can confirm that David Cameron is a Dalek. It's taken five years but finally I have proof! Knew he was up to no good.

Fantastic episode though, chomping at the bit for next week's...

You sir, Win all of the internet. ALL OF IT!

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Paddin said:
PoliceBox63 said:
Paddin said:
Paddin said:
I'm mixed about this, if Jack turned up to help save the day, that would be very similar to Season 4's finale.. Also, seeming The Doctor is a new person, under the control of a new scriptwriter, theyve shown several times that they are trying to start a new chapter in the Doctor Who universe. Most of the creatures are new creatures, and the ones that aren't (the daleks) are redesigned. Even River is new in the sense that shes different to what she was like before. If they brought back Jack that would be a new direction to the one they have been taking so far.
Jack is special though :( he's coming back in torchwood anyway so i'll be ranting if he doens't make a cameo over here.
Jack is Moffat's character seeming he was introduced under a script of his, and so I think a cameo will probably happen. But I'd rather it happened independent of big events such as the finale, so he actually gets a chance to shine. Also, I'm just not that big a fan of Jack because, well, what more is there to see of Jack? I can't see a story they'd do with him that was that original.

Jesus, that previous page is the Page of Jack. Theres pictures of him everywhere!
Yes a normal episode where he featured would be nice.
Lol the Page of Jack :)

Mar 30, 2010
To be honest guys and gals, I saw all of that episode coming. Within the first ten minutes I'd outlined all the major plot points that turned up over the next forty (except the android romans), and wasn't proved wrong.

I hope they come up with something less obvious for the conclusion, because I was expecting a belter of a final episode, and so far it's kinda pedestrian.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
PoliceBox63 said:
shemming said:
LOL that must be a joke coz that breaks the first two Laws of Time. And it's a vortex manipulator not a TARDIS...
Said big blue alien isnt bound by crappy 'thou shalt not meddle in time' laws/doesn't know about them. The vortex manipulater doesnt travel through time tho as river used it to travel through time ergo he/she/it/alien could have used it to travel time and stop himself drinking the bombs :p

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
shemming said:
No no no no

Read this...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.201912-A-Discussion-about-Time-The-Blinovitch-Limitation-Effect

It doesn't work like that

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
Zohrra said:
shemming said:
He didn't actually have it with him, he had it sent away so it could be taken off the wrist of the previous owner before finding out.
okay i admit that is true BUT his minion/servant that had it could of used it....

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
PoliceBox63 said:
[HEADING=3]"Total event collapse. Ever sun will supernova at every moment in history..."[/HEADING]
Except Sol :p
Yeah, noticed that ;)

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
TimeLord said:
shemming said:
No no no no

Read this...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.201912-A-Discussion-about-Time-The-Blinovitch-Limitation-Effect

It doesn't work like that
You seem to know what your talking about so i will agree and retract my earlier statement.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
shemming said:
PoliceBox63 said:
shemming said:
LOL that must be a joke coz that breaks the first two Laws of Time. And it's a vortex manipulator not a TARDIS...
Said big blue alien isnt bound by crappy 'thou shalt not meddle in time' laws/doesn't know about them. The vortex manipulater doesnt travel through time tho as river used it to travel through time ergo he/she/it/alien could have used it to travel time and stop himself drinking the bombs :p
He is bound by the laws, remember when Rose stopped her dad dying? Even though it was Rose doing it, time was still being fixed by those creatures. Everything is bound by the laws of time, and its the Time Lords that are supposed to fix paradoxes.

Also, whos to say, assuming he'd know how to operate one, by the time he had fetched the vortex manipulator, typed in the time and date and activated it, River wouldn't have simply blown him sky high?

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
They're not
shemming said:
crappy 'thou shalt not meddle in time' laws
they are actual boundaries they're not like "oh don't go over 50mph" they're laws like the laws of phyisics are laws :)

thebrainiac1

Jul 11, 2009
TimeLord said:
Quotes of the Episode
I would add this one...
"What type of starships?"
"......PREPARE TO DESCEND FROM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRBBBIIITTTTTT"
"DOCTOOOOOR...... Those are Daleks!"

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
[HEADING=3]"This is the Royal Collection. And I'm the bloody Queen."[/HEADING]
Alright like get over yourself.

Aug 25, 2009
Wow, criticising Steven Moffat earns you hate, must remember that for future posting.

And saying Timey Wimey Ball (I really have no patience to go back and quote) has about as much significance as saying 'A Wizard Did It'. In other words none.

Next point, saying it's a children's show is demeaning to children, and to the general idea of children's stories. Beauty and the Beast was a children's movie (the Disney one), the original Star Wars were children's movies, the entire concept of videogaming is constantly trying to show people how mature it is. To say that just because something is a childrne's show means it doesn't need to worry about consistency and goofd writing is akin to saying that all children are automatically idiots and we should have no respect for them.

To put it bluntly for however called me long winded and pedantic (or boring and intelligent for your lexicon, I'm sure) I reject your premises, and you should all hold yourself to higher standards.

masqueblanc

May 24, 2010
I had such a moment of fame-by association when the Ermine Street Guard (the Romans, but only when they were outdoors as far as I can tell) turned up - my Dad used to be in that century!

Did it sound to anyone else as if Amy's not actually real? Like, she doesn't exist? Also, can't help but wonder if we're heading towards another situation with a consolation prize for the companion, like with the human version of the Tenth Doctor and Rose, only with Amy and the weird robot-Rory.

Imperatis

Jun 1, 2009
I see other people thought the voice in tardis sounded like Davros too, I might be misremembering but didn't Dalek Caan say something to the effect of "silence is coming" too.
*flame shield*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
thebrainiac1 said:
TimeLord said:
Quotes of the Episode
I would add this one...
"What type of starships?"
"......PREPARE TO DESCEND FROM OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRBBBIIITTTTTT"
"DOCTOOOOOR...... Those are Daleks!"