Doctor Who Fan Makes Spoiler-Filled, Ke$ha-Inspired Tribute Video

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Doctor Who Fan Makes Spoiler-Filled, Ke$ha-Inspired Tribute Video

This Doctor Who parody/tribute is more auto-tuned on the inside than the outside.

If you've ever wondered what the point of Ke$ha was, science may have finally have found an answer to your question. Well, I say science, it's more YouTube really, but they're almost the same thing. It turns out that Ke$ha's role in the world was to provide the base for this rather hilarious - and incredibly spoiler-packed - Doctor Who tribute song.

Based on Ke$ha's song, Tik Tok, "Tick Tock Goes the Clock" recounts the sixth season of Doctor Who in musical form. It touches on the entire length of the season's story arc, from the events at Silencio Lake as the season opened, to the details of the recently aired final episode.

The song was created by a guy called Andy, or "Speakerwiggin" as he calls himself on YouTube. Andy isn't the best singer in the world, but the lyrics more than make up for any shakiness on the vocals. I won't say it's the best thing it's the best thing to have come out of the season - either "Day of the Moon" or "The Girl Who Waited" claim that honor - but it's much, much better than that episode with the Cybermen.

Source: The Mary Sue [http://www.themarysue.com/robin-williams-and-daughter-zelda/]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Maybe it's because I hate that song but I didn't enjoy that at all. The lyrics were good and the idea is sound. But Ke$ha's song, Tik Tok makes my ears bleed.

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
It's weird that a genre of music invented by a single teenager from London can have such widespread affects just a few years down the line.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I don't know if that was meant to sound like a sheep singing, but it did. In a bad way.

The lyrics were amusing though.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
That was a sheer work of genius and should be forever praised and associated with the series for ever.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I thought the loophole the Doctor used to get out of his own death was kinda stupid, but the sorta pun at the end of the episode was well worth it.

Tick tock goes the clock
And what now shall we play?
Tick tock goes the clock
Now summer?s gone away?

Tick tock goes the clock
And what then shall we see?
Tick tock until the day
That thou shalt marry me

Tick tock goes the clock
And all the years they fly
Tick tock and all too soon
You and I must die

Tick tock goes the clock
He cradled her and he rocked her
Tick tock goes the clock
Even for the Doctor..

Doctor brave and good,
he turned away from violence.
When he understood,
the failing of the silence.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I'm not sure who this ke$sha individual is, but I don't really like it. I won't be passing this video on to my doctor-obsessed wife.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
The lyrics were pretty good, but the singing could use some serious work. A+ for creativity though.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
The lyrics well quite good, though the guys singing voice did let it down a bit - hard to tell if those "gerenimos" were more painful for him or for us listening to them.

Also, that may be the highest re-use of scenes I've seen in a fan made video, at least outside of AMVs...