Doctor Who: Favourite Doctor?

Rylot

May 14, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Ugggh. Hated that. That was like an M Night Shyamalan twist.
Eh, I thought it was well set up and earned, but to each their own.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Paul McGann's presence in the movie aside, he's got quite a following for his Big Finish audio performances. And having listened to a few, I agree, he's pretty cool. Better than that movie deserved. I wouldn't call him my favourite, but it's nice that he didn't just stop with the movie.

The older Big Finish performances are only a couple bucks US on their site in audio download format, BTW. If anyone's interested, because for years I couldn't get them around here.
I did find a few audio books to listen to while in traffic from I think the fourth Doctor that were good. Also a book about the first Doctor that was really good. Should really try and find some more. I did like McGann's brief appearance in the pre-anniversary preview.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Argh, I'm always torn between Smith and Tennant. The former just hits that quirkiness part of me and my love for big speeches. The later really hits my educator vibe. He loves to learn and is amazed with people who love learning.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Tennant's my fav. Looks, humor, lanky in a cool way, and Billie Piper... Not that she uhm... er... think about something else...
*Coff*
I mean I watched Doctor Who growing up off and on, but everything from back then is so hazey. About the only episode I remember from back then is Nightmare of Eden with the Fourth Doctor, and I remembered it way diffirently before I tracked it down, and re-watched it.

william1657 said:
Rowan Atkinson.

The Curse of Fatal Death is still one of my favorite episodes.
Oh, yeah, This. Very much.
Though Joanna Lumley wasn't all that bad, either.

Parasitic_Chick

Dec 5, 2013
Nine for sure. He was the first one I saw and to this day remains my absolute favorite. He had just the right amount of quirky and pure insanity that made him awesome. Also, in my opinion, 9 also seemed to be the most bad-ass. He kinda had a sort of...gangster quality about him. If 9 and 11 were in a fist fight 9 would would have no problem beating the shit out of 11.
Ten was good too but as another person on this thread stated, at least he got adequate show time whereas Nine only got 13 episodes. But man were those 13 episodes amazing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Rylot said:
Eh, I thought it was well set up and earned, but to each their own.
I can't see the setup. There's a pair of words repeated in time. Like M Night, it just doesn't give you any real clue as to what it means. It really seems to just be nonsense. There are better arc word setups (Torchwood).

Zachary Amaranth said:
I did find a few audio books to listen to while in traffic from I think the fourth Doctor that were good. Also a book about the first Doctor that was really good. Should really try and find some more. I did like McGann's brief appearance in the pre-anniversary preview.
I loved Night of the Doctor. It was a shame that he didn't actually do anything else for the 50th. But he can be quite entertaining.

case in point:

It's a little rough, but it's a cold read IIRC.

Keep in mind the Big Finish ones are basically audio dramas, they're done in an episodic format for BBC radio I believe. There are audio books/books for all the Doctors, I believe. But it's cool seeing Paul do something other than that damn movie.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
albino boo said:
Of the current run companions, all I have to say is one word, Adric. In the 50 year history of Dr there has never been anyone more annoying than Adric.
I've honestly never seen much of him, so I can't talk. Though I will probably be exterminated for saying it, I'm not a big fan of Baker's run on the show.
Ah Cyber Controller you reveal yourself. Only the cold machine mind of a cyberman could reject the greatest Dr ever and the Dalekist remarks make sense now.

Keep in mind the Big Finish ones are basically audio dramas, they're done in an episodic format for BBC radio I believe. There are audio books/books for all the Doctors, I believe. But it's cool seeing Paul do something other than that damn movie.
Actually Big Finnish make their audio dramas for sale to the public and they make a handsome living at it too. Radio four extra has broadcast a few but big finish had been going 10 years before that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
albino boo said:
Ah Cyber Controller you reveal yourself. Only the cold machine mind of a cyberman could reject the greatest Dr ever and the Dalekist remarks make sense now.
Alert! Alert! Unit has been detected! Request extraction immediately!

Actually Big Finnish make their audio dramas for sale to the public and they make a handsome living at it too. Radio four extra has broadcast a few but big finish had been going 10 years before that.
Ah. My bad. I thought the Doctor Who series was done specifically for the radio. However, I do know they sell them to the public, as I've been buying them of late. I've been listening specifically to the McGann ones, but considering how many there are of the other Doctors, I will no doubt branch out.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Tom Baker. Why? He's the one I remember best and he was a delight to both listen to and watch. I mean, just look at this man's raw acting talent:

Acting.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
For me it is a tie between the second and the third Doctors. I especially loved the serials The three Doctors and The five Doctors when they would constantly bicker, much to the exasperation of the others. However, my favourite Doctor Who character will always be Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. You can't beat the Brig.