Doctor Who Review: Time Travel Makes Bank Robbing Easy

Biran53

Apr 21, 2013
Yeah, this was a tremendously entertaining episode! Not much room for character, but the plot moved a great pace.

The main villain was also interesting and had sincere tragedy by the end.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Not the best episode but still better than the stuff we have had over the last few weeks. At least it focused on the Doctor. Unfortunatly the trailer for next weeks episode looks like we are back to The Amazing Clara Show and her time traveling sidekick.
Yeah it was nice to see the focus shifted back to the Doctor (The show is called "Doctor Who" after all). As much as I like Clara I'm not looking forward to an episode of the "Clara Oswald Show."
Unfortunately I think it is only going to get worse once the new guy starts traveling in the Tardis. I know we have not had much time with the guy yet but as boring as I find Clara, he is worse. Moffat seems to have such all consuming love for Clara that at this point it would not surprise me if her and new guy (I don't remember his name, he is not interesting enough for that) get sent back in time to Galifray, somehow become Time Lords and end up as the Doctor's Mum and Dad.

Someone pointed out to me that the focus is on the companions because the show is for kids and kids need someone to identify with. I would argue that classic Who did this perfectly fine without making the companions front and center. I would also say that a show cannot claim to aim at children and then air at 8:30 as it will this week.

As the series is not finished yet I cannot say this is 100% but I am starting to feel like we were misled abit with this series. From the way the 50th and christmas special went as well as stuff said in interveiws, I was under the impression that we would have a series of the Doctor exploring who he really is, struggling with his past decisions and figure out if he truly is a good man while looking for Galifray. Instead he seems to have stopped all that so he can arse around with Robin Hood.
New guy? Do you mean Mr. Pink? Oh god I hope he doesn't start traveling around with the Doctor too. That'd be painful.
I was also under the impression that we'd be exploring the possibility of Galifray still being around somewhere and possibly restoring the Time Lords. Not that I really want to see that as I think it's a lot more interesting when the Doctor is the only one, but still I thought that's what we were going with for this next season/series.

small

Aug 5, 2014
best ep of this season so far but its gone from must see show to something ill watch when i get around to it. i never thought dr who would loose me like this.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Not the best episode but still better than the stuff we have had over the last few weeks. At least it focused on the Doctor. Unfortunatly the trailer for next weeks episode looks like we are back to The Amazing Clara Show and her time traveling sidekick.
Yeah it was nice to see the focus shifted back to the Doctor (The show is called "Doctor Who" after all). As much as I like Clara I'm not looking forward to an episode of the "Clara Oswald Show."
Moffat's still much better than Davies in this regard. Davies gave the companions their own supporting cast. There are many people who put forth the first two series could have been called "Rose", because it was about her meeting up with this dreamy time traveler who helped her find a direction in life. The show is more of a partnership these days, but the Doctor is always the senior partner.

Hondor64

Dec 10, 2009
Just want to add. that us Canadians can watch the new who. (for free) on space.ca if anyone didn't know

Hondor64

Dec 10, 2009
Just want to add. that us Canadians can watch the new who. (for free) on space.ca if anyone didn't know