Doctor Who Series 6 Episode 8: Let's Kill Hitler *SPOILERS*

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Not to sound like a fanboy but you destroyed the canon of river song and knowing how little there was before that is really an achievement (100g) This whole season has been introducing plot points like they were already established like the season finale of S6 part 1 (seriously why?) it introduced characters like we've already met them and we never will meet them. The plot is becoming like Yahtzee said "a mangled pile of octopus giblets"
Edit Amy pisses me off too listening to her is like having barbed wire flossed in your ear and she does nothing ps does anyone else think that "you're so Scottish" is going to become a running gag and I also think she should leave but yet again i have a feeling shes permanent

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
TimeLord said:
Colour-Scientist said:
TimeLord said:
We always knew that regeneration energy could heal. But never that it made the Time Lord in question invulnerable.
I assume that's the loophole they're going to use for the "Impossible Astronaut" ordeal.
But they burned his body after he died.
They burned the masters body and that didnt really work now did it. (I know the masters return wasn't anything to do with regeneration energy but still)

MahouSniper

May 21, 2009
I'm just wondering why the Doctor couldn't regenerate when he was poisoned. Why was his regeneration disabled?

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
MahouSniper said:
I'm just wondering why the Doctor couldn't regenerate when he was poisoned. Why was his regeneration disabled?
I don't think it's so much that he couldn't have regenerated; more like he would have regenerated with the poison still in his system. Don't take my word for it though.

I liked the episode, although I do find myself a bit frustrated with the Amy/Rory dynamic. Seriously, I love Karen Gillan but sometimes I'd like to punch Amy right in the face and give Rory a good swift kick in the ass for putting up with her crap.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I liked the episodes and it certainly had a lot of good moments but I wasn't wowed by it, it seemed a bit odd that River was good by the end of the episode when at the start she was boldly declaring herself a psychopath, it just seemed a bit rushed.

Riesel87 said:
but you expect us to believe that Amy is a weapons expert, with the stamina and skill needed to sword fight with pirates?
To be fair in a normal fight she would lose the only reason the pirates were so afraid is that they knew all it took would be one tiny cut and the siren/mermaid/holographic nurse thing would come for them and it radically changed how they acted in the fight.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Above average for Nu Who. Resolved some questions, introduced some others, and not too many really annoying bits. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
The Dutchess said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes grown up Amy! I mean even the Doctor is thoroughly disappointed in what little Amelia Pond has become. I'm still waiting for the moment a light dawns for Rory and he breaks free of this awful marriage and makes his own way in the world. I doubt Amy would be all that bothered.
Please go back to the original formula where the main plot was a mere subtle background whisper to the current episode's hilarious highjinks and engaging singular plot. Where the deus ex machina weren't so horribly obvious and levered in to make things wobble back onto the rails. Back when the Doctor actually had chemistry with his companions and thought the world of them rather than being mildly terrified of their sexual advances.
Ok ok, I'll just go watch David Tennant's Doctor and pretend he never regenerated. *cries in a corner*
The bolded part is the entire reason I watched the show, I hate this new formula they have. It almost seems like a full season length attempt at Torchwood new style. (The American version also blows)
I'm all for a show evolving but this direction is really off putting, I'm waiting for Mr Smith to bugger off frankly.

Can I join you in the corner?

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
Personally I like Matt Smith, but I agree that it was better when it was individual stories and not constantly a long one throughout the series. Like bad wolf, and torchwood (tennants first series, and the old torchwood ones).

Encurtidos

May 1, 2011
I enjoyed this episode very much. I do miss the induvidual stories with minor fore-shadowing through out the series (such as: the crack in the walls). But it is nice To change it up a bit, even though the title of this episode did not relate to it very much, it was enjoyable and I would watch this episode again. Just a thought...does River Song go to prison for killing the doctor in this episode, because the miniature people didn't see her save the doctor later on, so they might still think she is guilty??

But the doctor can't die? By the person in the space suit..?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I think one of the most significant things that was revealed in that episode is one that was easily missed: the death of The Doctor at the lake in the US has been revealed to be a fixed point in time. That means that, unlike other time periods that can be tampered and messed around with, this event will always happen; The Doctor will die permanently at that point in time.

How the hell are they meant to continue the series after that?

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
I am a little annoyed that Mels came out of nowhere without any previous mention of her, ever. Other than that, I was happy. I like that Hitler is still in that closet.

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
Simalacrum said:
I think one of the most significant things that was revealed in that episode is one that was easily missed: the death of The Doctor at the lake in the US has been revealed to be a fixed point in time. That means that, unlike other time periods that can be tampered and messed around with, this event will always happen; The Doctor will die permanently at that point in time.

Steven Moffat already has a way out.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Varitel said:
Simalacrum said:

Steven Moffat already has a way out.
Oh yeah! Of course, Steven Moffat!

Encurtidos

May 1, 2011
Just having a thought, when Mels was shot and almost dying, the doctor said he would marry her if she survived, did I hear wrong? Because the doctor, married?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
laststandman said:
Utterly misleading title, but interesting episode. Next week looks terrifying
i think they are trying to recapture how some of the earlier episodes were creepy/scary. Plus livin dolls are creepy. If they throw in a clown i might crap my pants in terror

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
"Alright, putting Hitler in the cupboard. Cupboard, Hitler, Hitler cupboard"

And

"Well, I was on my way to this gay, gypsy, bar mitzva for the disabled when I thought 'gosh, the third reichs real rubbish, i think ill kill the fuhrer'. Who's with me?"

I thought the episode was really good for a mid season opener. It had some really good moments. And a certain recall to the season one the doctor dances (banana mistaken for a gun)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Cool stuff.

I'm still confused why River is black...when her mom and dad are whiter than me.

Must be a regeneration thing.