Doctor Who's David Tennant Joins The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Wow, that's the weirdest looking ear ever. He looks like a rodent with it...

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
Marvel cinematic universe" to "Doctor Who Actor joins the Marvel cinematic universe".. i thought doctor who was going to be in the marvel films.. but it's just the actor who played the doctor in one of the series.. i know they want to grab attention to the headline, but don't make false promises escapist

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Purple Man? Sounds like Barty Crouch JR is going to be using polyjuice again.

Scribblesense said:
Meh. Call me when Maisie Williams gets cast as Squirrel Girl.
I'm okay with that. Go right ahead.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
David Tennant playing a purple skinned, mind controlling villain. Yeah, I think he can pull it off.
Especially considering...well...

"Don't you think she looks tired?"

Yeah...

GladiatorUA

Jun 1, 2013
I think he is the third major actor from Doctor Who to join Marvel Cinematic Universe. The second Doctor actor. Matt Smith incoming?

LordTwinkie

Oct 10, 2014
WarpedLord said:
Oh wow. So they're actually going to do THAT storyline. Does this mean that these Netflix series aren't going to be as "family friendly" as the movies, I wonder?
yea that is a seriously f'ed up story line. really really f'ed up.

faeshadow

Feb 4, 2008
Sleekit said:
y'know in acting circles they take the piss out David for having a very limited number of go to expressions...
Really? Where? Because everywhere I've encountered any sort of comment from people in the business, they've always praised his versatility and ability to sink into any role he's given.

coheedswicked

Mar 28, 2010
I'm actually really excited about this, Purple Man is on of my favorite weird old villains with an awesome power.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
David Tennant playing a villain whose core quality is talking to people and having them do whatever he says...

...so he'll be playing an evil, purple version of The Doctor, then?

Sounds good.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Good to hear, he's a good actor that'll fit in well, though that picture you're using is horrifying. Is that thing supposed to be human or a fish trying to look like a person?

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
voltair27 said:
WarpedLord said:
Oh wow. So they're actually going to do THAT storyline. Does this mean that these Netflix series aren't going to be as "family friendly" as the movies, I wonder?
Yeah, Agents of SHIELD wasn't particularly family friendly.

That one scene in "A Magical Place" still gives me the creeps.
True... AoS got creepy and a little gruesome at times, but this is on a whole different level.

faeshadow

Feb 4, 2008
Sleekit said:
faeshadow said:
Sleekit said:
y'know in acting circles they take the piss out David for having a very limited number of go to expressions...
Really? Where? Because everywhere I've encountered any sort of comment from people in the business, they've always praised his versatility and ability to sink into any role he's given.
specifically ? when we were all out drinking with him (or rather he was with us) and most of Robert Carlyles theatre group Raindog after the opening night performance of Edwin Morgans play AD.

dw...he wasn't even as offended as you are...not least because of the impressions...

it was a humorous "ribbing" in the pub not a serious critique.
So why would you use it to make a judgement on how he'll play a role you haven't even seen him in yet, if it was just joking around?

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
This could be fun. Also, with Civil War on the horizon for Captain America Three I have been thinking for a while we don't have vary many Superhumans (especially on the villain side) and David Tennant is one of the bigger names they have cast for their TV/Netflix roles so we might get him up on the big screen for this role too.