DOES ANYBODY WANT TO SEE SOMETHING TERRIFYING!?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Neat. Mine came in a way too large cardboard box with nothing to cushion or hold it in place, so it was free to roll and tumble around in there to its hearts content.

Also, we cpu bros now.

Reactions: gorfias

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I just...I ship things for customers for a living. It's my job.

I would be so goddamned fired its not even funny. What is their profit margin on these things if this is acceptable

Reactions: gorfias

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I don't see a problem unless shipping stacks heavy shit on top of it. It's a light, solid and relatively durable piece of equipment.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I don't see a problem unless shipping stacks heavy shit on top of it. It's a light, solid and relatively durable piece of equipment.
Sorting shipping is done via conveyer belts with repeated 3 ft drops onto concrete mixed in with all the other packages being sorted.

Sure, *most* packages being sent express are on the lighter side...

Food for thought for normal people like us who can't just replace a $500 part on a whim.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You know you can break a CPU by incorrectly installing the cooler right? They're tough enough for what they do, not tough enough to survive mishandling by tired or stupid people.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Well, it booted up and seems legit

Thank god
When I first tried to boot mine, it didn't post and the mobo gave me 1F, a q code I had never seen before and couldn't find any info on what it means aside from probably being cpu related. Back to the table, disassemble, check everything, assemble again, power on. Q code AA. Big sigh of relief, but for moment I was all "don't you fucking do this to me". Never figured out what the issue was, but it's been smooth sailing since, so all well that ends well?
You know you can break a CPU by incorrectly installing the cooler right? They're tough enough for what they do, not tough enough to survive mishandling by tired or stupid people.
True, tho you kind of have to purposefully ignore instructions for that. Or maybe tighten the screws on way too hard to the point you start bending pins or the mobo itself. More high quality coolers have safety stops on the screws to prevent overtightening tho.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
True, tho you kind of have to purposefully ignore instructions for that. Or maybe tighten the screws on way too hard to the point you start bending pins or the mobo itself. More high quality coolers have safety stops on the screws to prevent overtightening tho.
I am aware of that; but its still possible to do. Just like its possible to damage them in shipping by poorly packing and handling them.