Does anyone even play Board Games anymore?

Nightmare963

Oct 2, 2009
Simple as that really.

If you do, do you do it drunk??

I had a monster game of scrabble the other day. A friend got "cuntslam". Instant win.

That's whats known as a scrabble fatality.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I'm ALWAYS up for a game of Twilight Imperium, A Game of Thrones, or Arkham Horror. The problem is it's hard to find 4-6 people who have the patience to sit down for 8+ hours and finish a game.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I used to play board games, but they always left me bored. Bu-dum-tish

Actually my most favorite board game was my Monopoly Star Wars Ep:1 edition.

May 28, 2009
Not anymore. I used to just win all the time; it got boring (especially when I tried to spice it up by cheating astronomically - I was still winning all the time anyway though).

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Heck yes!
Settlers Of Catan is an awesome game!
My wife and I also play Scrabble from time to time!

Board games are awesome.

Lord_Seth

Jun 19, 2008
Given that Chess remains one of the most popular games in the world with entire tournaments around it, it seems plenty of people do play board games still.

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
Anytime I get the chance I do. Monopoly, Scrabble, Chess, Trivial Pursuit, Operation, I'm up for anything.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Nobody wants to play board games with me anymore :(
so I don't get to play chess or monopoly. Not even scrabble

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
At university when we got bored of Rock Band or something we would get out something like Monopoly or scrabble and have a game.

The group 'favourite' was Articulate, a game which involved time based description challenges, which as alcohol got consumed became better and harder, mainly as you couldnt think at all.

Azulito

Jan 1, 2009
Monopoly. It's an awesome game. I honestly think it's better than most modern games.

I don't like the digital versions of monopoly. It was actually being with other people and having a laugh that made it great.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
Yes I do. Risk, Monopoly, Chess, Scrabble, etc.

Anyone here ever played Omega Virus? That's gotta be my favourite board game ever.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
I have a cousin who is hardcore into boardgames. Every christmas he brings a new one, like "Settlers of Catan", and stuff like that. It is pretty fun, though the games are getting much more complicated to keep things interesting.

There was this really cool one that they did that was all about robots.. You drew cards and they all had, like, Logo commands on them. You had to basically "build a program" out of your cards to make your robots achieve certain goals. It was alot of fun. I wish i could remember it's name!

My wife and i still break out Scrabble on occasion, and we have started trying to play "Sorry!" with our 3 year old son, but i think it's too complicated for him yet.

I've also played "Battleship" and "Monopoly" recently...