Does anyone sleep with a plushie/pillow/item of sentimental value?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Surprised by how many people are admitting to this. Not that I personally think less of anyone, it's just surprising.

Through most of my childhood, I had a homemade mickey mouse teddy. By now, it's a frankenmickey, a loosely stuffed mess of stitches, a missing eye, and a nose that was about to go about the time I stopped sleeping with it. I still keep it. It was like my world when I was a kid. I was terrified anytime it developed even the tiniest tear.

I remember once, I noticed a rip right before going to bed, and in my infant mind decided to sacrifice my nights sleep so it wouldn't be at risk of falling apart while I slept.

I remember when I stopped using it. I think I was about 12, and the bullying was particularly bad that day. It got to death threats, and the first time I genuinely thought they might kill me. At first I did go to sleep with it, hell, of course I did, but it just didn't help anymore. I guess it was like the world was just too hostile for something like that to comfort me. It wasn't "enough" anymore.

Don't think I slept that night, didn't sleep too well for a good couple of weeks after. Hell, I'd go as far as to say I never slept well until I got out of there and moved away from london. Never used it again, though. I keep it hidden nowadays, because it's kinda embarassing to have that kind of thing lying around, and honestly, I'd rather not have to explain it.

Honestly, I can't judge anyone for still sleeping with something like that. I may not have a toy or something like that, but I'll definately admit to hugging a corner of the duvet, or one of the pillows occasionally. I can't quite explain why I do that, but I do.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
I have a teddy named Tedi (couldn't spell teddy back then m'kay?).
I got it the day i was born.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
pffft, that is just stupid. I do not need to sleep with toys

*Falls back onto soft heavenly mountain that consists of 9 totoro dolls, 3 gigis, two penguins, a giraffe, a elephant, 16 hello kitty dolls, 6 rabbits, 7 pikachu dolls and a Llama*

Yep, I am in my mid-twenties and very very single...don`t even get me started on my collection of VOLKS and Barbie dolls....
bliebblob said:
Yep, some have gone missing sadly but the most cherished ones are still there.

Some would have you believe you should get rid of them or you'll grow up to be a wuss. Well I never did so to them I say: if you truly believe that, try to come and take them from the wuss.
damn right. I will part with my collection when it is prized out of my dead and bloodied hands.

I need some more plushies though...

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
about 8 years ago I bought a fluffy bear cushion thing, about half the size of a pillow,
slept with it for about 5 years.
but our cat got too old to sleep upstairs without making a mess, so was put downstairs each night (too cold outside), so I put that and another cushion in her cat basket.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
While I don't sleep with one I did keep some plushies of sentimental value (A white bear and santa if you must know). The world will burn should anything happen to them.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
My wife and I went to build a bear and well... built a bear.

Well I got very sick and ended up in the hospital, she brought the bear and put it in my bed when I was drugged out of my mind. It was a wonderful thing to wake up to. Now I just sort of sleep with it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Over three pages and no one has a dakimakura? I thought I was on the internet for a second. Not that I have one. I need space when I sleep so it's the bare minimum pillow and blankets. Now that I think about it, I don't have any kind of plushies or anything of the "sleep with" variety at all.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I have a lot of plushies, my favorite is my Teddy Bear Fuzzy (y'know, after the rhyme "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear..."), my first (as far as I know) stuffed animal.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I don't sleep with them but I have a lot of sentimental teddy bears in my room. I lost some of my favorites sadly but I do like to know the rest of them are there. I would kill for Gengar plushie though.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
bluepilot said:
don`t even get me started on my collection of VOLKS and Barbie dolls....
Oh, please do get started on the VOLKS. I've got an Iplehouse and an Angel of Dream. :)

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Every stuffed animal/plushie that I decided to keep from my childhood, is stored in a closet for my future children (whenever that happens). Only one of them has any real sentimental value, the rest were just in good condition and would serve the purpose. My husband has some childhood toys stored away as well. That way we'll already have some things and wont need to waste money on toys right away. I also have three small dogs and a husband. I have plenty of real, warm, cuddle material in my bed.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
bluepilot said:
don`t even get me started on my collection of VOLKS and Barbie dolls....
Oh, please do get started on the VOLKS. I've got an Iplehouse and an Angel of Dream. :)
*envy*

Oh God, I have two custom made super dolfies, one done all bad boy gothic and the other all bad boy rouge samurai. I am saving up my pennies to get another custom made...I need a girl to keep the boys company...Then I have about 6 of the 12 inches which I painted myself in varying styles with varying degrees of success. I want to be good enough to paint my own super dolfie one day.

Then our dolls can have a tea party, yay.

How did you get hold of those dolls? The makeup on the iplehouses are gorgeous. Maybe I will add another man to the collection, tee hee.

GoldenDragon14

Oct 21, 2011
When I was born my parents gave me "Polly the Parrot". I used to be extremely scared of the dark and used to latch onto Polly whenever I slept because she made me feel safe and no monsters could get me XD! Whenever I woke up and found that i had knocked Polly off my bed when I was sleeping I used to think it was because the monsters were trying to take Polly away from me because she was the only thing protecting me from whatever manner of beasts lay lurking in the darkness. Polly still has a lot of sentimental value to me today but she is getting old and falling apart now :/