Does fallout new vegas have post story sandbox gameplay?

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Hafrael said:
Racecarlock said:
Paying for what other games give me free? No thanks.

Anyways, guys, again, I'm not that interested in the post apocalypse. And no post credits sandbox gameplay once again is a dealbreaker. If I am going to build a character, I want to be able to use it after a completed story. It's a thing of principle. I know it's not real work or anything, but I put a lot of time into a character and I don't want things to just stop on story completion.

This has also kept me from buying another mass effect game. It's a thing of principle, guys. Random adventure is sort of my thing, and when something presents opportunities, I want those opportunities to stick around after the story. Also I just like wandering around worlds after the story.
I actually hate games that allow one to muck about after the heroes journey is complete. I think it was lazy of Bethesda to cop out and release Broken Steel because nothing changed. While I think it might be cool to go around a wasteland that is completely changed due to your actions, it's really not feasible. And games that just ignore the impact your completion of the "main" quest has and allow you to explore afterwards always make the game long struggle seem almost meaningless.
So you have a different opinion? Good to know, thank you for sharing.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Racecarlock said:
You're welcome, I was so assaulted with how different your opinion was in comparison to mine that I felt I had to explain myself.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Hafrael said:
Racecarlock said:
You're welcome, I was so assaulted with how different your opinion was in comparison to mine that I felt I had to explain myself.
Well hey, you know, everyone has different preferences. That's just humanity. I wasn't attacking your preferences or anything, because I honestly don't like it when anybody at all is insulted for preferring something a certain way. But I feel people have to know my preferences in order to give me good recommendations on games.

To be blunt, do you know those emergent gameplay types yahtzee talked about in his metal gear solid v ground zeroes review? I'm one of those guys. I can make hours of fun out of stopping partway through one of the half life 2 chapters to just launch energy balls into the core and imagining how many different ways I'm screwing up the space time continuum.

However, I just want you to know that your preference is also perfectly valid and I wasn't attacking you for it. I just needed to say what I like so people could properly asses what my needs are and answer accordingly.