Does the World Need Halo: Reach-themed Mountain Dew?

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
They ought to make a Pitch Black 3, then put out 12 packs that include the Pitch Black Collection. Sell it like a movie pack or something. Call it the world's first high definition soda. In 3D.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Greg Tito, you are now officially my favorite Escapist Staff member. Sorry, Susan and Russ, you two get bumped down a notch.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
I think the real question is "Is the world ready for Halo:Reach-themed Mountain Dew?"

And the answer is a definite maybe.

....but why the hell haven't I gotten any! Come on, Pepsi! I've been slowly killing myself with your products since I was little!

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
To answer the title question: No. The last thing that spoiled, Super-Saiyan-Sedentary, pre-teens need is even more sugar and caffeine. :p

Kat-Mountain Dew sounds like it fits here quite well to me. I'm just curious, did the cap leak or come off a little easier?[footnote]That's right, I went there[/footnote]

Carter makes sense I suppose, he was a more run-of-the-mill space marine leader. Sure, he may not have been the most exciting Spartan, but you don't even give him a special flavor or at least a color? I just cannot picture a squad of sodas being led by a regular Mountain Dew; I think of those as more of the fodder.

For Jun, I was thinking something minty and fresh like an evergreen. Maybe even something sort of outdoorsy. Or maybe Beef Jerky flavored. Yeah. Why not.
[sub]At least the color matches. [/sub] Maybe it says something about him hiding and sneaking as a sniper: He's really just scared and insecure with himself and is now on a diet. Maybe he can flip over a tank, maybe he can break an elite's neck. But maybe that diet soda is the only thing holding back the tears... [sub]Or maybe Mountain Dew was running out of ideas[/sub]

I'm surprised Emile's wasn't overpoweringly sour with an acidic aftertaste that makes you spit curses while making everyone as miserable as you now that you've had that first sip. To better fit his personality, they could always make an Emile-Tequila = Put a sharp object in every bottle!

I don't drink soda, but "Fanta" sounds right for Jorge. But shouldn't Jorge-Mountain Dew come with like an extra 30% or at least a funnel? Oh! Or an extra "belt" of caffeine.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
YAY new colors and flavors of Slurm Mt Dew! Too bad I am not a huge fan of it, but is sounds like they are having fun. I will have to try white if it comes out and my Mt dew friends get it.

Now if only we had soda that was TF2 based....wait coke is red and pepsi is blue...

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Shane McGinnis said:
PLEASE I NEED THAT NOBLE SIX WHITE OUT!!! I save and collect Mountain Dew stuff physical and virtual. When Mountain Dew shows a commercial, or small video to us and then removes it later when the promotion is over, I get the .flv file of that video or the pictures they show and save it to my Mountain Dew folder. I also collect all Mountain Dew stuff, anything branded with Mountain Dew I save. I drink it daily, just like water. IT IS ALWAYS MY DRINK OF CHOICE. I back Mountain Dew up anytime someone disses it, I am a die hard fan and will do /anything/ for that white out. Please if you didn't give it away yet, PLEASE send it to me, or add me to the list of people to possibly win it. PLEASSSSSSEEEE!

I don't know if this a joke or something...

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
As a Dew fanatic, I am deeply jealous right now. Not because of the Halo: Reach themed pack, but because Code Red is so hard to find where I live. B+ rassafrakking...

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
TheSkaAssassin said:
First off
Cliff_m85 said:
I got the "Offical HALO Experience" version of Mountain Dew.

It comes with four different flavors and a seven year old obese American child who calls you a "N*gger" every twenty-three seconds.
I lol'd very hard. Thank you for that sir.

2. Wasn't White Out a part of the flavor voting thing this year? I could have sworn it was.
You are correct. I know I have had White out before. It was a whitish-grey colored can with light blue as the secondary color.

-------
Just for kicks, I would like to collect every style of bottle, but my university drink vendors only stock regular and diet.

This article was helpful, cause I was wondering if there were other bottles with the other team members, since I have only been buying regular Dew in between my classes.

I guess I will have to take a look when I go to restock my apartment with groceries tomorrow.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Darth_Dude said:
Shane McGinnis said:
PLEASE I NEED THAT NOBLE SIX WHITE OUT!!! I save and collect Mountain Dew stuff physical and virtual. When Mountain Dew shows a commercial, or small video to us and then removes it later when the promotion is over, I get the .flv file of that video or the pictures they show and save it to my Mountain Dew folder. I also collect all Mountain Dew stuff, anything branded with Mountain Dew I save. I drink it daily, just like water. IT IS ALWAYS MY DRINK OF CHOICE. I back Mountain Dew up anytime someone disses it, I am a die hard fan and will do /anything/ for that white out. Please if you didn't give it away yet, PLEASE send it to me, or add me to the list of people to possibly win it. PLEASSSSSSEEEE!

I don't know if this a joke or something...
I would say it is serious.
Or maybe he works for Mountain Dew, paid spokesperson.

I'm not that fanatical about Mountain Dew, but I would like to collect one of each type of bottle.

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
I have Kat, Jun, and Carter. I can't seem to find Jorge or Emile, though im not to enthsiastic about drinking livewire for jorge (i fucking hate livewire). Voltage is still my favorite of all of them and i only tried typhoon and distortion this dewmocracy year, i didnt like typhoon, and i thought that distortion tasted the EXACT SAME as regular dew.......

Last years dewmocracy was better, i still wish that we could have kept voltage and supernova, i loved both but i liked voltage more and it is still my favorite of all the dews.

Voltage FTW!!!!

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Irridium said:
Meh, don't care that much for Mountain Dew.

Dr. Pepper however, now thats a drink.
I drink both, well, I'll drink just about any soda, it can depends on my mood.

Though I have found some I don't like, well, I don't like now that they have changed.

7up and Sierra Mist. Ever since they went all natural, they taste like crap. The interesting thing is mist is the German word for manure.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Greg Tito said:
"We've also included the newest member of our Mountain Dew family: Mountain Dew White Out. You won't find this edition of White Out in stores. It's not for sale and you can't buy it. We're giving it only to true Mountain Dew fans."
Back in April my college had 3 unique Mountain Dew flavors for a new Dew contest for the next flavor to be made. I tried all three and White out was one of them. In my opinion White Out was the worst of them all I hated the aftertaste it gave. The other two were good though I loved the orange one which I cannot remember the name of for the life of me right now.

*EDIT*

sabercrusader said:
Voltage is still my favorite of all of them and i only tried typhoon and distortion this dewmocracy year, i didnt like typhoon, and i thought that distortion tasted the EXACT SAME as regular dew.......
Thank you for also knowing about those three flavors lol. I personally liked Typhoon best of the three but they all weren't very good anyway in my opinion. And Distortion I believe was supposed to taste exactly the same except it had a slightly more tangy flavor with a horrendous aftertaste worst than Whiteout.