Does this Japanese Reality TV Sniper Prank Cross a Line?

Gileseypops

Sep 16, 2009
as much as i wouldn't like it being done to me, watching it being done to someone else is evidently priceless. providing the UK doesn't abolish this 'sue everyone for eveything' culture and makes a similar programme here.....or the Japanese don't invade, I'd say I'm pretty safe so bring on the next episode! :D xx

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
This is the sort of thing that could be honestly and severely traumatic. What do you all think: Is this still all in good fun, or does it go too far in its pursuit of laughs?
... The game this nation is currently famous for is a game where you rape and kill people..

This is one of those "it's the Japanese" things. Goes too far all the time. =P

Or, putting it better.

Twilight_guy said:
Laughing at others pain is always wrong. That said, there is a line between slapstick and messing-with-ya and "scarring you to be a bastard then laughing at it". I think Japan crossed that line, but it was so long ago that people have stopped remembering it.
This.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
624 said:
Um... Westerners made 'Scare-Tactics,' remember?
Exactly. I don't watch it, but I've noticed it occasionally, and they've had a boy and his girlfriend in a cabin or something, then he disappears, and this man is circling the cabin, banging on it. Then there was the one where this guy had to test a new security system, and something 'went wrong' and he thought he was gonna get gassed... Yeah, we're just as messed up.