...Does This Mean I Have To Meet Your Parents?

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
1. I'm a pretty laid back guy, I know a lot of useless trivia, interested in 3D and pretty shy, I guess.

2. I tend to watch the videos, but my favorite part of the Escapist is the chat. I wish I could write an article, but I'm not well versed enough in either gaming or the art of writing.

3. It would probably be a musical, mainly because I tend to sing-a-long to every song. Other than that, I've no idea.

4. I'm left-handed. It's decent, but it kind of irks me when I smudge the ink over the paper.

5. Tired and somewhat happy. I'd even go as far as to say I'm content. How are you felling?

6. Yes, I'm a Catholic, but I don't put too much importance on religion.

7. I'd probably wish to go to SigGraph, which is a convention for 3d artists to showcase their works and for companies to showcase their new applications related to the field.

8. I'd probably go with Mashed potatoes and fried chicken with mushroom sauce. Nothing fancy. As for the drink, I'd probably go with a dry red wine.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
1. I am a generic lazy student who is actively seeking work. In the meantime, I spend my time either writing songs on the bass, gaming or even sometimes, going outside (Shocker).

2. Either the videos or the articles. I don't spend that much time on the forums compared to what I used to.

4. Right handed.

5. Bored shitless and have an exam I am dreading tomorrow.

6. I'm an Atheist, I just don't trust books.

7. I would make my own, it would be a public Jack Thompson hanging.

8. Cheese and tomato pizza mixed with Pepsi.

I'm sorry Nukey, you're too male for me. Plus, you're to young, I only meet the parents of 2007 members(!)

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I'll give you this clipboard back..but you'll need to give me money.

1. I'm a bit of a sarcastic man with a good sense of humor. I occasionally dabble in Snootyness.

2. Both the forums and video's either give me a good cheap laugh

3. It's psychodelic funky rock with a little bit of bach's Minuet

4. Left.

5. I used of my energy trying to stay awake and beat Mass Effect again on a full Renegade quest so i'm a little tired

6. I believe in all spirits.

7. I'd go to a straight up gaming convention if there was any. Until then i got Ohayocon, BashCon,Animarathon and Glass City Con

8. I enjoy me a good juciy steak sandwich slathered in sauce and body parts. then i wash it down with Fava Beans and a ripe Chianti

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
This thing is longer than I'd expected.

1. Tell me a bit about yourself. No more than a paragraph. Talk about whatever you think is relevant, be it interests, or height, favorite Mass Effect manufacturer, whatever.
I'm a young man with a hat and a strong will to be different than the majority. I fancy pretty young ladies and steampunk art.
One of my goals in life is to build a steampunk-inspired airship, ideally it would end up as more boat than Zeppelin or helicopter. It would also be awesome if no authority-figure would object me flying it.

2. What's your favorite part of the Escapist? Forums, videos, contests, advertisements, articles? Is there anything you'd like to do, but you're too afraid/unsure of how to try?
The videos, articles and forums hold most of my interest, videos the most for the 5 minutes they last. I generally don't like the articles of outside-writers, mind you, something about the quotation as the side of the article bothers me greatly, can't they use a related picture instead? There are some great ones among those, just the quotations bother me.

Maybe I'd like to join a usergroup, but it feels wrong to ask to join one. And I don't know what group I would join.

3. If you could describe your life in music, how would you do it and why?
To a heavy, slow and gloomy Metal tune with a powerful chorus. There are such dreadful things in the world but I will never fall.

4. Are you right or left-handed?
I am left-handed.

5. How are you feeling right now? (Don't knock it, it's a really important question. Feel free to go on at length.)
Slightly tired and puzzled, there are so many strange individuals, it's a strange day when you find a troll in real life. Pricks, jerks, idiots, sure there are many of them, but a troll? Very strange.

6. Do you have a religious belief, and without going into too much argumentative detail, is it important to you?
I don't believe at the moment, no. Perhaps if Zeus answers my calls, I shrug of mortal wounds or any other supernatural entity appears before me I'll believe other things.

7. If you could go to a convention for any form of fandom, what fandom would it be. Do you have a specific convention in mind when you answer this question?
Not really, I suppose it would be interesting to see a steampunk convention or one for electronics, but I'm not planning to go to any of those things.

Do music festivals count? If yes I am going to Graspop Metal Meeting if nothing fails me.

8. Finally, what's your favorite food item? Any particular drink or wine you like to go with it?
I do adore spaghetti, I can't eat it like you're supposed to by rolling it on your fork but that won't stop me from eating it.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
1 I'm Neurotic, easily impressed, a little Paranoid, I have a red blotch on my right hand's middle finger, and prefer Subs

2 Either the forums or P.R.I.A.T.E, or maybe the community that help to make both such a joy to participate in

3 I dunno, This? I have given off the impression that I would become an alcoholic if I had enough access to Alcohol.

4 Right handed (Well not everything about me can be interesting)

5 A little uncomfortable telling people these things like this, but also a little happy from the music I'm listening to.

6 Christianity, but I have a level head.

7 Probably an Anime convention, no particular one.

8 Sushi I guess.

And I wouldn't worry about meeting my parents, I myself haven't seen them in years.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
1. Well I've got a lovely dark personality and I sometimes border a bit too closely on the edge of insanity. I've got DSPS so I stay up far too late into the night. I have a frame that would make most girls jealous (Super high metabolism ftw!) and I have many, many scars. I can also crack every joint in my body. I'm a major gamer, and I'm getting forever deeper into anime.

2. I quite enjoy the Off Topic section as that's where I've spent the majority of my time here. I'm slowly getting to know the Games section and it's fun but I still frequent this forum much more often.

Awesome, trippy, and insane. Damned addictive too.

4. Right handed, but I use my left hand for other things...

5. I'm doing good I guess... No pressing issues at the moment.

6. I'm Athiest/Agnostic; I don't really care for religion as long as no one tries to press their believes on me.

7. Either an anime convention or a big gaming convention. I'm delving much deeper into the world of anime lately and gaming, well that's fairly obvious why. No anime convention comes to mind but for gaming, there's always E3 or GDC(I think I have that right.)

8. Brisket + Hot sauce. My family has a special way of preparing brisket and our own Hot Sauce recipe that makes for the most delicious meal I can imagine. Mountain Dew seems to go well with just about everything...

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
1. Well, I'm Simon West, I'm 16 and i live in southern England, and yeah, I am the most average person on earth.

2. My favourite places are the Off-Topic discussion forums, and the Yahtzee videos. I've always wanted to make a decent thread, but i never know what to say.

3. 'Headstrong' by Trapt

4. Right

5. Ermmm, fairly good, but a little bit bored, but this is helping!

6. Ermm, apart from i think The Stig (From Top Gear) is God, i dont think so.

7. I would love to go to a Avenged Sevenfold gathering type...thing. Or, maybe like a hot girl convention?

8. Steak with a drink of single malt whiskey.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Don't look at me like that? What do you mean? Oh, whatever. Fine. I'll answer the questions too. Just keep filling that out. Yeah, I'll share my answers. You know me by now, don't you? Well, no, I suppose that is the point of these things. Alright, but keep filling stuff out.

Where said:
1. Tell me a bit about yourself. No more than a paragraph. Talk about whatever you think is relevant, be it interests, or height, favorite Mass Effect manufacturer, whatever.

Oh jeez. I'm a nerdy-looking gamer with a penchant for monitorheads, writing, drawing, running, climbing, and sports that involve rackets. I'd like to say that I'm pretentious about things, and if it's writing, I probably am. It's all fun, though. I like communities, and persons, so I always try to shove my nose in them. Usually works out, and I enjoy it, so it's good for everyone. At least, I hope it is.

2. What's your favorite part of the Escapist? Forums, videos, contests, advertisements, articles? Is there anything you'd like to do, but you're too afraid/unsure of how to try?

Forums, no question. Like I said, communities are a big thing with me, and the forums really help me connect in ways that wouldn't otherwise be possible. User groups do the same thing, but they feel a little more bureaucratic to me, with the member-lists and such. IRC has become my internet home, I'm on there nigh-constantly. So those folks are some of my favorites as well. So, uh, forums and IRC, I guess.

Oh, and I'd like to participate more in RPs, but I can't make myself write less than 10-jillion paragraphs, which isn't good for exchanging dialog with other RPers.

Live Jazz Lounge-style performance of an 8-bit soundtrack. Something about the versatility of the genre mixed with one of my favorite hobbies is way too awesome for me to comprehend. Light jazz mostly.

Right-handed, but I know about left-handed-ness since my brother goes on about it a lot. I tend to prefer being a righty, though, since most things are made for it. Bad for the lefties, but means I don't have to hunt for custom mice or handles or anything.

5. How are you feeling right now? (Don't knock it, it's a really important question. Feel free to go on at length.)

This song is fantastic! (Here [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7LyQ4TdVxg]'s a link for anyone wanting to listen in.) It's helping my mood stay upbeat. I just finished compiling for the official and unofficial review contests, so that's a load off my plate. I'm sad that I missed out on doing something for the Ratings War in all the shuffle, but I'm finally setting my feet again, which is awesome.

So, I'm in a cheery mood. How about you, though? I'm happier if you're happy too.

6. Do you have a religious belief, and without going into too much argumentative detail, is it important to you?

I do, and sorta. I find having something to believe in is a large part of how one defines oneself in several different contexts. I'm happy to discuss it with anyone curious, but I don't try to passive-aggressive my beliefs down anyone's throat. Any belief, no belief, doesn't matter. I'm more about the person than what actions drive them, but I find beliefs sometimes offer an interesting insight to reasoning that would be otherwise unclear. Though I might be overly analytical...

7. If you could go to a convention for any form of fandom, what fandom would it be. Do you have a specific convention in mind when you answer this question?

I know some folks who try to do an annual Fantasy Convention run, and I kinda like the idea myself. Plus, my favorite author attends there, so I think he'd be really cool to meet.

8. Finally, what's your favorite food item? Any particular drink or wine you like to go with it?

Filet Mignon, medium rare. The steak, cooked like that, is often so juicy that it doesn't need an accompanying drink. If I had to pick any one drink on its own, milk is made of delicious.
Here you go. Read it at your leisure. But keep filling out. I'd really like to know.

Chancecall

Money to burn
Nov 18, 2009
I'm serious, I want that clipboard back.: (Ill keep it in mind when I take it home with me)
1. I'm Chancecall, a trainee solicitor from England with a casual interest in gaming. I am a competitive archer and publish articles for a manchester based magazine....erm...that's it. Ohyeah, I'm at work right now!

2. I came on here for zero punctuation but stayed for the company. I often fear people commenting on my posts (which is why I write so few.) I fear rejection

3. HOW would I do it? In words probably. nonono seriously now, it would be like chilled dance music, just to suit my personality of doing everything deliberately and carefully but with a relaxed appearance.

4. Right, although I iron and shoot left handed.

5.Stressed. I should be working and instead I'm finding anything I can do to put it off.

6.None, but am happy to accept others if they do.

7. I would have a fandom for Jeremy Paxman. I'm I the only one who wishes he was my dad? ...probably.

8. OOOOOOooooooooo on an average day, a caramelised onoin tart, but am also a biiiig fan of venison steak. Favourite drink is a good old mug of tea, but that doesn't go well with steak, so a Budweiser will suffice.

... Does this mean I have to meet your parents? Damn. Think they'll do steak for dinner when I go over? No, my mum is a vegetarian, no meat in my parents house I'm afraid!

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Al'ight, letsa try her out..
1. The names Dan, Im 6' 3" with brown hair (ooo, generic huh?). I have eclectic tastes in everything from music to women (I know two girls who'll testify to that.) College student, though maybe not for long, ummmm.... Oh! Two of my dearest mates live in Britian and hopefully I'll get to visit this year. :D

Now I'm at a loss... moving on then.

2. Hrmmmm, I'd say my favorite part of the Escapist is the Forum Games, despite being new to it. I like the community more though, or at least the part I talk to... I dont wander back into gaming discussion or off-topic much any more, too many people scare me now.

3. Describe myself with music?

I'd go with Circular Symmetry by ATB, nice and relaxed,

4. I'm a righty I, though my left tends to be quicker on the draw but nowhere near as strong or controlled.

5. Worried, bout the future, friends well being, friends in general. Hoping I don't upset one in particular. Kinda nervous that I ain't moved on yet. Eh, thats life though, if you let those kinds of thoughts seep too long your bound to drive yourself mad.

6. Christian at heart and soul, mate. I don't go to church but I get angry when people toss my beliefs to the ground and disrespect them

7. Well, I'd probably go to just about any form of anime or game convention. Not furry conventions though >.> They scare me....

8. Thats like asking me to choose between children! I don't have a single favorite food. I love just about everything. Excepting things not prepared well, or that people just shouldn't have in general... I also don't drink so probably water.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
OOH! I love talking about myself!

I'm Luke, I'm at university doing BA History, and I've had the best and worst times of my life here so far, but on the whole there's noplace else I would rather be :D

I'm pretty tall and skinny; I'd like to gain weight, but that would require exercise or a change in diet. Neither are particularly appealing to me at this moment in time :p

I like beer, bacon, shooting things, being outside, being right, getting shitfaced with friends and hugs and cuddles :)

I'm a fairly mundane individual. I've been told that I'm very "genuine" though, so I guess that's a good thing.

Gotta be the forums! Apart from when I come on here drunk and post daft shit...

:p

I'm not sure I could, I'm not even sure if I understand the question. I dont think my life would do an Opera or something justice, and I'm quite young, and haven't really done much with my life so far, so whatever music came out would be pretty boring.

I reckon I'd just ask Dropkick Murphys or Clutch to write a short song about me. It's impossible for them to write a bad tune.

I'm a righty :D I have terrible handwriting though. I never really learned to write properly in primary school and as a result my writing is pretty spastic. My friends take the piss about it, but as long as I can read it, it dont matter :p

Hmmm, well I guess I've been worse, but I feel kind of isolated, but I think that's as a result of some silly kind of self-imposed punishment for being a bit of a twat to various people that I care about recently. I feel sad because I feel like I've killed a few close friendships with people. I am glad that I have very accepting and understanding friends though, and I'm looking forward to getting my shotgun license and blowing silly money on a nice shotgun. I basically think I need to lighten up, stop worrying, and to quote a friend "stop being so down on myself". Easier said than done, I'm a bit useless really. :) But hey, I'm sure all this will pass.

I do not. I'm agnostic though, I reckon it's silly to dismiss the idea of a higher power outright.

It would be a convention for fandom of Italian food. The convention would just be a month long Italian food festival. I would probably die of some gastric-related injury though, but I'd die a happy chappie.

Some Spicy Lamb sausages I had whilst in a restaurant in Prague, Czech Republic. They were served with a chilli and pepper dressing, and green beans. They were absolutely fucking mouth-wateringly, pant-wettingly delicious. I think the restaurant was just off the main town square. I wanna go back there, it's a lovely city.

EDIT: To accompany them, I'd have ale. Obviously.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009

I'm Regiment (at least online), early 20s, male college student. Self- proclaimed nerd who doesn't take anything too seriously. Plays Yu-Gi-Oh but wouldn't admit that in public (except apparently here). Life is good.

Videos, honestly. It was actually Stolen Pixels that brought me here, and Zero Punctiation that made me stay.

Um... That would be hard, and I'd have to go back and change it every two minutes. Songs I like tend not to describe my life, and songs that describe my life don't interest me.

Right- handed.

I'm really hungry. My research is going more annoyingly than I'd like, and I have two more midterms this week, but I've already gotten through the hard one. I've been in a good mood for about a month and don't envision that stopping anytime soon.

Yes and somewhat.

It would have to be PAX East, as I've never been to any convention and I already have my PAX East tickets.

This is another question I can't answer without severe qualifiers. This answer is valid only until I change my mind: Chinese food. Favorite drink- which doesn't go with Chinese at all- is milk.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
1. Tell me a bit about yourself: Im 15 and am mostly into music and gaming. Im never more happy than when i have a favourite song on and im with friends. I dont like any particular type of music, i think good music is music that reaches into the depths of your soul and draws upon our deepest emotions. Mostly though the songs i like would be called rock or metal. My dream is to be remembered and to make a difference in the world.

2. What's your favorite part of the Escapist? This forum would be a good start very closely followed by yhatzee, his dry sarcastic wit has almost bled into me by osmosis, Its the kind of humor ive always enjoyed.

Listen to audioslave "Be yourself". My favourite song at the moment, it tells you more about the world than most people ive met. I dont know how to link videos.

Right handed, im pretty dextrous with both but cant write with the left at all.

Right now? Fairly happy, i have my favourite school day tomorrow, 2 free periods of nothing with my girlfriend. Sounds good to me. I love the feeling of having nothing to worry about and just having some fun, particularly at school where worry and pressure seem to be the two main effects of exams. Also got an awesome shirt on order that should be here soon. Kinda bored with all my games though, bioshock2 has gotten a bit old already.

Im an athiest, i think ignorance is the bane of mankind and our greatest enemy. This isnt caused by religion, i love people who think for themselves regardless of faith. My belief of this is very important to me, i feel very strongly bout most of my opinions but think forcing them on other poeple does nothing but push our ethos apart.

7. If you could go to a convention for any form of fandom, what fandom would it be. Do you have a specific convention in mind when you answer this question? Fandom, hmm anything 40k related i guess. The game itself isnt really interesting to me but the fiction enthralls me. My tiny library of books is testimony to that. Id love to go and see the authors.

8. Finally, what's your favorite food item? Any particular drink or wine you like to go with it? I love white wine, first wine i tried and always trumps red wine for me. Foodwise i love a good bit of meat pie, pastry is the food of gods in my opinion. If i could eat a solid block of pastry i would.

Thats me, ive said some things here i havnt told my friends, not really important, just little nuggets of information.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009

I'm Jenny. I'm a 19 year old Brit with a reputation for being dirty minded and sex obsessed. In reality I'm a quiet shy and modest girl who hides behind that facade because she doesn't want people to realise what she's really like and dislike her for it. I'm only 5'2, and it makes me paranoid. I will ask for your height just to see how much taller than me you are. For a living, I want to be an artist. That, or knit sweaters. Either will suit me.

My favourite part is the people, the awesome community where I have so many friends. The really special ones know who they are.

Erm, imagine an MP3 player, where all my friends had put on some songs each, then put it on shuffle. Every genre would be on there, and I would enjoy them all.

Right handed.

I'm feeling nervous. This is the first time I've been really honest with people generally and I'm not sure how certain people will react.

I'm Christian, and it's important to me. And I hate it because somehow it makes me stupid.

I would go to a knitting convention. Seriously.

Fruit scones, with clotted cream and strawberry jam. Preferably with a large mocha.

... Does this mean I have to meet your parents? Damn. Think they'll do steak for dinner when I go over?

And no, no one gets to meet my parents.

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
1) Hello, I am Colin. Pretty tall, pretty broad; overweight but not grotesquely so. My eyes are a very light blue, sometimes seeming more gray, and when I take my glasses off I look like madman(mostly due to the gigantic dark circles under my eyes.) In general, very intelligent, if sometimes lacking in experience or common sense. Skilled in English, History, and Science classes.

2) I like ZP, LLR, and Doraleous, as well as the news and forums.

3) I probably couldn't. I've had too many musical interests since I started listening in earnest to really capture everything.

4)Mostly right handed. Not quite ambidextrous, but if I were to break an arm I would pick things up a lot faster than most would. I only write and brush my teeth with my left hand.

5)Right now, things are okay. No real looming projects except a play I have to write, but I'm confident that I'll finish it with quality in the time limit. I am having a major, major, eh... girl problem, though. It's incredibly complicated, but I about halved my sleep and appetite for about a week.

6)I don't really have a religious belief. My parents have been extremely generous in allowing myself and my sibling to self-determine, and while I like my own twist on Theistic Evolution, I wouldn't say I have a religious belief.

7)A convention...? I have no idea, really. I don't think any appeal to me, because I'm not into anything hardcore enough to be accepted into one. If I had to pick, something with Warhammer 40k or Star Wars involved.

8) Food? Pizza. Drink? Whenever there's family over we play cards, and whilst we do that I always drink a copious amount of a drink I concocted that's just a 50-50 mix of orange juice and 7-Up.

As for my parents? Avoid politics and other hot-button issues, please.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
<spoiler=Answers>1. Tell me a bit about yourself. No more than a paragraph. Talk about whatever you think is relevant, be it interests, or height, favorite Mass Effect manufacturer, whatever.

Huh...The one question I can never answer correctly. Whelp, here goes:

I'm a kind-hearted individual, trying to help whenever I can even if I myself suffer because of it. I'm a non-published author with a faux-contract with a publisher. I pracice archery, with a recurve bow. I'm not dumb, but kinda lazy which stops me from getting everything I can out of my education. I tend to get along better with gals than with gents, just because most gents in my surroundings are 16-year-old manchildren. The gals act somewhat adult.

I spend most of my time and energy on the RP boards, but I really enjoy the videos on here. I also come here because of the articles that relate to my way of life, mainly a gamer. What I've been meaning to try is to enter a competition, but most of those have requirements I can't fulfill. For example, I wanted to enter that webcomic competition of a while back, but couldn't because I couldn't be sure I could hold myself to that deadline for that amount of time.

One note continuously with random notes at the end. Because of an illness, my life's been jubled up as of late.

Ambidextrous

Kinda rubbish. I've got constant headaches because of that illness, like 24/7. It's very distracting and I can't handle day-to-day things as well as I could.

I believe in something higher, but nothing specific. I'll see it whenever it presents itself.

D&D. I've been meaning to play, but never could. I just want to explore the community of D&D players.

I'd have to say Shoarma. I don't really drink anything with dinner. Just water.

*Sneaks off with clipboard.*

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
1. I am awesome. That's objective, not subjective.
2. The videos, I guess. Although the forum can be at least somewhat funny at times.
3. I don't really understand the question, but I'll try.

If I'd describe my life with music, then it would probably be A Glorious Dawn [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc]. Because SCIENCE!

4. I most certainly use the hand that's not my left leg while doing most things.
5. Awesome! As always. (I'm cool like that)
6. I have no religious beliefs whatsoever.
7. The fandom of SCIENCE!
8. Pepper Steak. Do you eat that in... Wherever?

Done! Now you have to meet my parents. Maybe they'll make steak... I you're nice.

*Fires Clipboard away with his Rock-It Launcher*

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
1. My name is James, and I'm a student. I'm about 5'10", and of medium build. English is my favourite thing in the whole wide world, and I want to teach it so other people learn of its joys. Following that, I love music, and playing instruments, and I'm alsways on the lookout for new instruments to learn, so I can bring them into my band's music. Finally, I'm a bit of a nerd, what with the love of Warhammer 40000, Firefly and Star Wars.

2. My favourite part of The Escapist is the Forum Games forum, while the Escapist Gay-mers User Group is fast taking up a lot of my time, even if its just reading the comments.

3. My life in music would begin with a slow harmonized guitar riff over an acoustic backing, then rolling into a straight heavy metal style riff. Following a mad solo, it would break into a lone piano line, then moving into an orchestral backing, with the guitars still playing, not over it, but more integrated into it, and would rise into a crashing crescendo, before ending on the piano line and opening harmonies fading away on their own.

4. Right-handed.

5. I'm not too bad, thank you very much. I'm in a bit of pian, from my job, but its only a small twinge. I'm also a bit tired, and not a little bit frustrated with myself, but, overall, I'm quite happy right now.

6. I'm agnostic. I'd like to believe there is something out there, but I'm so unsure about it all. All in all, I decided to shelve worrying about religion for now, and I'll get back to it in due time.

7. Probably an anime convention. I've a few good friends who all cosplay and go to various conventions around the area, so that'd be fun to join in at some point.

8. My favourite food would be pasta, in all its superlative scrumptious forms. And, I;m not a wine person, but I find a nice pint of Guinness while relaxing after eating a dish of pasta is fantastic.

Finally, no you don't have to, but they'll definitely cook steak for you.