Does this site ever give you a headache?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Frankly I may have stumbled into one too many frustrating conversations today and I want to ask you something, have you ever been on the escapist and found yourself wanting to claw your eyes out? With all of the arguments, conflicting opinions and people just being outright insulting and snobby it's bound to happen sooner or later. I mainly wanted to vent a little bit, care to share any stories of frustration with the rest of us?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ahhh yes...its like a cycle I supose

I got it at one point...the rabid hate for alot of things got on my nerves (Bioware in particular) and the whole "OMG X GAME IS SHIT!!!" thing got irritating (why cant we just enjoy games?)

but the worst thing was misanthropy...ohh boy nothing makes me want to punch my screen quite so effectivly as some dumbass sitting at a keyboard claiming their moral superiority over EVERY HUMAN BEING EVER

but anyway...

..Ive grown more resistant to the opinions of others, and the general attitudes that cycle through here, I think it comes with being here for a certain amoutn of time...(and somtimes you ahve to sit back, take a deep breath and realise your getting worked up over what somone said on the internet)

I am however, avoiding all discussion of ME3..the raging/bitching will not be ruining what is to me..a pretty big deal

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'm sure it's come close, but I can tell when I'm at the point where if I read any more of something, I'll want to punch a baby, so I've been able to run off and play some Arma II to relax my brain.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Vault101 said:
but the worst thing was misanthropy...ohh boy nothing makes me want to punch my screen quite so effectivly as some dumbass sitting at a keyboard claiming their moral superiority over EVERY HUMAN BEING EVER
Whenever I see the high tide of high horse riding pricks I take shelter in Forum Games. I'm afraid if I stick around too long I'll catch the Jackass bug.

There are times when Off Topic just isn't fun for me. And when those times come I choose to leave and come back another time.

Oh and I get real headaches from spending too much time here. Way too much time here. o.o

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
TopazFusion said:
erttheking said:
Frankly I may have stumbled into one too many frustrating conversations today
I'm not going to name names, but I think I know what you mean (I've seen it today too).
]
just for fun Im going to throw out some (probably wrong) guesses

the "no dubstep in gaming" thread?

the "is the the worst song ever?" thread?

the "I just uninstalled Skyrim" thread?

The "are you still getting ME3" thread? (christ..I DO NOT want to know whats going on in that one, ignorance is bliss)

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Only on the Religion and Politics forum.

It seems that no matter how hard I try, or whatever I promise, I just can't seem to convince people that being a Catholic doesn't automatically make me some Right-Wing conservative nutjob.

Yes I'm a catholic, but I also whole-heartedly support gay marriage, transgenders and really any sexuality preferences you might have. Please don't assume that I'm homophobic because I believe in God...please.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Vault101 said:
just for fun Im going to throw out some (probably wrong) guesses

the "no dubstep in gaming" thread?

the "is the the worst song ever?" thread?

the "I just uninstalled Skyrim" thread?
Yeah those are pretty bad. I would probably also add this one to that list.

Basically they're all versus or hate threads.
Vault101 said:
The "are you still getting ME3" thread? (christ..I DO NOT want to know whats going on in that one, ignorance is bliss)
I think it's just another Bioware hate thread. Nothing to see there, probably best avoided.
damn! I forgot that one....(and its STYALISED! not cartoony...dammit)

for some reason the subject of Bioware seems to be like dry grass...just a single flame and it lights up into an inferno

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I get a headache when I realize how much time I spent here >.>.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
The closest I get is the "there are no new thread for me to look at" feeling ( the cure for that is a heavy dose of Cracked, Stumbleupon, memes, and rage comics). I ignore the threads that are on things that don't interest me, which is probably a saving grace.
So just ignore the annoying threads. I completely ignored that annoying "If your avater was..." trend.

EDIT:
I feel like there's a certain level of irony to this thread.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Only on the Religion and Politics forum.

It seems that no matter how hard I try, or whatever I promise, I just can't seem to convince people that being a Catholic doesn't automatically make me some Right-Wing conservative nutjob.

Yes I'm a catholic, but I also whole-heartedly support gay marriage, transgenders and really any sexuality preferences you might have. Please don't assume that I'm homophobic because I believe in God...please.
Yeah, the R&P forum can be way over the top on high horse kinda stuff.

I went in there once 'cause I saw a thread about agnostics, asking if there were any others, and I said I was an Agnostic. I was told that we weren't wanted there as we thought nothing mattered and had nothing to add to any conversation, that we were all up on our high moral horse as we couldn't be wrong or some crap like that. That was just... Wow. Who is up on their high horse again?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
On/Off topic:
This site gives me a headache. I view it on a 32" HDTV - in SD. The white background and super-thin text isn't hard to read considering everything is mildly fuzzy; and by damn does it ache my brain after an hour. I sit 4 feet away (too close) but in order to type I need to lean in. I need a wireless keyboard and a new PC with HDMI output.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
*Looks at Religion/Politics section*

Yes.

I'm all for different opinions, but I'd like to post mine without 15 different people quoting me and each expecting a response. Some people here can be completely bull-headed.

I'm just glad that there is Gaming Discussion and Off-Topic, or else I couldn't force myself to stay here.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
This is actually the only gaming site whose posts I take into account when something other than gaming is in the spotlight. I aside with some people's opinions while I simply cannot understand the attitude of some members. Max The Reaper comes to mind. I couldn't decifer the dude. Like he actually wanted to be miserable.

Another once spoiled the end of Red Dead Redemption. Without absolutely no reason. Just to be a jackass. Not to mention the countless snobs. One of the reasons I stopped posting reviews.

That and posting on a forum without actually having something to say. Entirely pointless but some escapists still do it cause they think wasting others' time is fun. I mean the type of post: 'never played this game, won't bother with this new release'. Stupid times infinity.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Gaming discussion mainly.
I remember making a thread about why shooters should be left alone on single player basis if their main focus is multipalyer, BIG mistake, didn't take too long for at least 50 people on their "single player and story are always better" high horses to all quote me and tell me how terrible my taste in gaming is if I prefer multi to single player. There's more opinionated talk in the gaming discussion than there is in the Religion and Politics forum if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. (derp)

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
It does sometimes but its mostly just because the background is too bright, even on the darkest setting they have. I miss the black from when they were protesting SOPA.