does your family annoy you?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I deal with it by going to work. I don't have to deal with any family stuff while I'm there and it's nice. Also through exercise. Nothing clears my head better than an early morning run when it's just me, my route, and my tunes.

Most of the stuff that annoys me are little things my family lets turn into big things by never communicating anything. They get mad at me for not doing things they never told me to do, expect me to know things I haven't been told, and put me into the middle of every argument. It's mostly mundane stuff, but it still gets my blood boiling after awhile especially because they seem to save most of the drama till I'm off work or on my days off.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Ufff, where do i START? my father resides in the nuclear center of the universe always fucking sleeping, listening to music (some relaxing tantric shit) And he always sends me to deal with humans organism to find sacrifices and all that "tradition" bullshit. That is, of course, an excuse so he doesn't need to do anything at all when he wakes up and....

Wait, i dont think u should be reading this. How do i delete this?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
My Mom is a total attention whore and will do anything to sway people into her narassistic Munchhausen ways, for example.

This is my little Dodge Neon after it was hit by a Chevy Malibu going 55mph (thats 89kph for anyone whose not American) into MY drivers door. I stumbled out of the car so dazed I could barely stand and people kept holding me up telling me I need to sit down. They told me I should of been killed and I'm very lucky to be alive.

I called my Mom to tell her what happened because logically a son is suppose to call their parents during shit storms like this. The first words out of my Moms mouth were "Is the car ok?"

I told her its wrecked and she then proceeded to tell me how she warned me not to drive fast like a maniac. Had she been paying attention she would of realized I was at a DEAD STOP in a divider in the road.

Well after that conversation I hung up the phone, took pictures for insurance purposes and uploaded a few to facebook. My Mom immediately stole them (as in downloaded them and uploaded them to her own facebook) then commented: "Thank god my son is ok!" and then proceeded to talk to all her friends about the innocent and get comfort from them.

WTF!

I have no idea how to stop it, if anyone ever figures it out let me know.

My Dads pretty cool, he gets pissed off about the little things, but when shit goes down (like a car wreck and an hospital bill) he's there for you 110%.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Yes my little sister seems have the an unnatural obsession with my little pony and loves to run aroung the house for no fucking reason yelling she's a pegisister over and over again! i deal with it buy locking my door and listen to games/TV/internet through headphones.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Zack Alklazaris said:
My Mom is a total attention whore and will do anything to sway people into her narassistic Munchhausen ways, for example.

This is my little Dodge Neon after it was hit by a Chevy Malibu going 55mph (thats 89kph for anyone whose not American) into MY drivers door. I stumbled out of the car so dazed I could barely stand and people kept holding me up telling me I need to sit down. They told me I should of been killed and I'm very lucky to be alive.

I called my Mom to tell her what happened because logically a son is suppose to call their parents during shit storms like this. The first words out of my Moms mouth were "Is the car ok?"

I told her its wrecked and she then proceeded to tell me how she warned me not to drive fast like a maniac. Had she been paying attention she would of realized I was at a DEAD STOP in a divider in the road.

Well after that conversation I hung up the phone, took pictures for insurance purposes and uploaded a few to facebook. My Mom immediately stole them (as in downloaded them and uploaded them to her own facebook) then commented: "Thank god my son is ok!" and then proceeded to talk to all her friends about the innocent and get comfort from them.

WTF!

My Dads pretty cool, he gets pissed off about the little things, but when shit goes down (like a car wreck and an hospital bill) he's there for you 110%.
Well you could call her out, but since I don't know your family that might just make things worse.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
My mother and everyone on her side of the family are really stupid and self-righteous. She acts like a child when she's caught wrong on a subject by saying stuff like "I am the parent so shut up" and "No you".
My dad is pretty cool and everyone on his side of the family have always understood me. Though they can all be really aggressive and unreasonable when they're drunk, which is frequently.
All of my uncles though are just wonderful company though. It's like every uncle in the world is naturally awesome.....or a felon. o_O

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
bat32391 said:
Zack Alklazaris said:

snip

Well you could call her out, but since I don't know your family that might just make things worse.
Yeah I did... it made things worse lol

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
the darknees abyss said:
My family have been on my case a lot recently, and just pissing me off. So my question to you is how do you stop it from bugging you, and how do family members in your house-hold annoy you?
Maybe they want you to do something?

I've never been bothered by my parents, sure they were strict when I was younger, but when I was a teenager, they didn't mind what I did, as long as I told them.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
Yes, my family are annoying. Kids are such hard work, no one ever tells you just how hard. Actually people do tell you, but you think it's just them exaggerating and you'll be able to cope much better.

My 2 kids are 1.5 and 2.5. For the last 3 years, I have had:
No disposable income
No spare time
No social life
No sex life
Am lucky to get a full night's sleep
Haven't been out to a nice restaurant, actually forget that: I don't even get a chance to spend 5 minutes taking a shit without one or both of my children annoying me.
Everything we do now is around the children.
My wife, who used to be a relaxed happy woman is now a haggard, harassed constantly tired cranky woman.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I don't really have a problem with my family... I like most of them... though I don't spend much time with them and do my best not to associate myself with them...

But I hate my brother... and I don't mean that whole brotherly competition crap... he's an asshole and while I still lived with him and my parents I've thought about killing him in his sleep... I still do every now and than... out of everyone I've ever met and disliked and argued with... he's the single solitary person that I can say that with out a doubt I hate... more than anything in the world...

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
the darknees abyss said:
My family have been on my case a lot recently, and just pissing me off. So my question to you is how do you stop it from bugging you, and how do family members in your house-hold annoy you?
Heres my take on it :) if your family doesn't annoy you it's not really a family.

Me and my sisters growing up were at eachothers throats constantly, i'm not ashamed to admit i never beat them in a fight fair or other wise :p

But now i have moved out it sounds odd but im closer with my family, everyone needs space you just gotta plow on through dude you will get out eventually and see what i mean :)

Captcha-grass up.

Who da faks been snitchen ey!

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Yes. I don't need to burden anyone with the details, but they wonder why I play videogames so much? It's because it is a world where I don't have to deal with the s*** I have to deal with from my parents. Not to mention, my grandmother and (unfortunately dependant and bipolar) uncle are like 2 houses away and come round whenever. Maybe I'm just insensitive, or antisocial or something, but I really am never in the mood for exchanging banalities about what happened when I walked the dog.

Ok, well, I've commented this much, maybe I will do a little burdening. The main problem is that one of my parents is borderline, and cannot stand not being the boss of something. Always tries to pull rank on me regardless of whether they're right or not. I, unfortunately, will argue the issue as long as I have to. Also plays the "I pay for electricity, water, etc, you can move out any time if you don't like it, I own the house so I own you" cards whenever I challenge something they say. Just...drives me insane, is all.

Look at me, commenting on the Escapist. What a piece of meta-commentary.

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Of course your family gets on your nerves, everyone's does at some point. You're related and you know how to press each others buttons.

My mother hasn't lived with me in a very long time, not since I was very small, so I don't remember her (or I blocked her out of memory... that could be it). I used to live with my brother and father, and sure enough, they ticked me off a lot, and I'm sure I pissed them right off too.

At the moment I live only with my father, and we get along well. We leave each other alone mostly. My family is huge on communication however so if something does make us angry, we talk about it. Cheesy I'm aware, but its made life very easy and stress free. :3

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
My big brother is an annoying git! He's always in my face and loud as hell...and he is older then me at 24 years old. He also has the weird thing in he's mind that everyone shoots rainbows out of there mouths and will never betray him....he is too gullable and open to being exploited. He has been exploited many times but he is too thick to realise it. Damn fool.

Me old man i am on good terms with though. He is ill (brain tumour for 16years and had a stroke last october) and im pretty much he's personal body guard since he struggles massively with speech and suffers from chronic fatigue too and if put on the spot socially or physically he cannot cope. Thats when i jump in the fray....i wish he was well.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
My family are awesome, probably helps that both me and my two Brothers have moved out so we're not in each others faces everyday and leading our own lives. It makes popping over to see my parents and my Brothers a lot more fun.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Like with everyone else's families, mine do annoy me from time to time. My mother can nag me sometimes, but a lot of the time she is doing it because she cares, my dad is great, but he doesn't really get passionate about much, the last time he was excited about anything was when I graduated from university. My younger brother likes to wind me up, like all younger brothers like to do to their older sisters, but I wouldn't change any of them for the world. I am sure I do things that annoy them as well, but when we start to snap at each other we decide to give each other a bit of space and get away from each other.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I don't even remember the last time I talked to anyone in my family aside from my sister.
We have...issues. They don't annoy me so much as I'd really rather not have them in my life.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Vault101 said:
my family are fine...somtiems they do annoy me in that I don't feel like they take me seriously...I'm just the retard in my own little world of games and action figures....

but really I got nothing to complain about
That's basically what I feel.

My family all have senses of humor that gel, whereas mine really doesn't. So when I make a joke, often times they blank me, or think I was being serious. As such, I've stopped trying, which then leads them to believe I'm socially inept.

They do treat me quite childishly, I think. A bit more so than they did with my sisters at my age, and because I'm the third child, I've been given the least amount of effort. And that is tangible.