does your friends call you by your username

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
In real life? No. If I'm playing a game with them and we aren't the only people who can see/hear our chat, though, we do go by screen names. There's a guy at my college who actually prefers to use his screen name as a nickname in real life, though. It's a pretty good sign that someone has just met him if they use his actual name for much of anything.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Solaire of Astora said:
...I don't have any friends.

Well, not on The Escapist, anyway. I do have a good few online friends made from games that know my real name though. Just not here.
Where did you get my picture!?!? Just kidding.

OT: My real life friends aren't the same as the ones I have online so I don't share my name.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Most people call me Rei as a nickname, while a few others call me by my name. Either or works for me. :eek:

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Aidinthel said:
My internet social life and my real world social life are kept separate. So everyone only knows me by a single name.
Almost this. I've got some friends who fall into both spheres but for the sake of keeping my anonymity safe they'll call me Redlin if I'm gaming and their in chat with me. Otherwise they use my first name.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
TopazFusion said:
Nouw said:
Online, it's usually Nouw or 'however you pronounce it' xD.
And how do you pronounce it? I always wondered.
Just like now :p. It's not naoo or anything like that. Welp, now my secret is gone.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i choose my username because my friend were calling me this in real life. so yes, but they were before it was my username

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Ziggy said:
simple question, do they. for me only a few of my friends call me Ziggy, but only is we are in a situation where we need to react fast (like fighting a horde in L4D)
Is the user name based off of your last name? If so do you occasionally go by the name Krusade?

OT: I tend to get called Bishop or Bish online or by people who I met in highschool or shortly after graduating when I was on vent more than I was outside.
People I've met since then call me by any variation of my real name.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
In real life, I call people and they call me by my real name. My wife is abit of an exception since we met online and sometimes use former handles as pet names.

In game and online? I do not use my real name, ever, and I do not use anyone elses either.

The only place I use real names online are official forms and facebook, and facebook only has people I know IRL on it.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Nobody calls me by my username though I wish they would seeing as my real name is so boring. I've been refered to as Astoria a few times by people on here though.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Online friends call me by my username. Or the shortened version, Libby. Which... is not my real name. Real life friends call me by my real name, as I don't think any of them know my username. I keep my internet life and real life separate.

Druss the Legend

Jun 6, 2009
My airsoft name is Druss, nearly all of us in the club have codenames, I just used my online name, so yes some people IRL call me by my online name but I introduce myself with my real name.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I've got 1 group of friends who use my gaming handle almost interchangeably with my own name. It just comes naturally when you spend a lot of time on Teamspeak.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
All my real life friends call me by my real name. Although when I used to play Eve online with some real life friends sometimes my handle there (Hakuoro, or Haku for short) would slip into real life.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Not really. In Sweden people who are named Daniel are always called "Danne". My username is just for internet/my artist name(derp derp) so it's not something I introduce myself with. Would sound pretty weird here.

... Perhaps I should start. Danne Brun!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Pretty much everyone I've met online calls me Sky. Which is nice, but it does confuse other people. xD

But people I knew in school call me by my real name.
Wait, so your name isn't Sky? Damn it, quit confusing with us! D:

OT: Well, my friends outside of the internet call me by my real name. People online call me by War Penguin [small](or variations on the name)[/small]. I've revealed my name on numerous occasions, but people never call me by that. I think that they just don't believe that it's my real name [small](it's Atticus, by the way)[/small]. :p

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, my online friends call me Omni, my IRL friends are figments of my imagination just call me by my actual name. How boring of them, I say. >.>